Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Hiya!

Lived in Denver for a spell. Visit ColoSprings often. I think living there would be fantastic. I have a good friend there and he says his basement apartment is always open to me so that might be my next stop after freeloading in Austin.

I would look into Littleton. The light rail system provides quick, ample access to all the bigger towns in western Colorado so I would argue to go that route versus being in the larger hubs as far as the walking distance argument.
Beautiful, thanks! Was not aware of light rail out there. We love trains in general.

Is Ouray somewhat close to Gunnison?
I'll go ahead and answer this, no it's not that close. Ouray is in a box canyon south of telluride and north of Silverton and Durango close to the 4 corners. I've driven through Taos, very nice. Have you looked at flagstaff, I've been there about 10 times. One of my top 5 western towns, 25 miles north of Sedona.

Reactions: gcbvol
Any folks here spent a lot of time in Colorado? It's our number one state to consider our retirement home base. Wondering if there are any recommendations of towns to check out?
I spent 10 years there from 97-07 in Colorado Springs. I originally thought it might make a good retirement area too, but got too dang expensive.

But if money isn't an issue, I'd suggest one of the towns past the Front Range. I loved the area out near Gunnison though I'll let you know getting near an airport or "civilization" won't be an easy trip.

Avoid Pueblo.

Not a big fan of Denver myself.

I loved the Springs and feel like it's probably the best area to get to the rest of the State.

It was a long time ago; but when we lived in Denver for about a year (Lowery AFB), the place just seemed not right. The local kids in school just weren't like other places. When the first school shooting took place, I wasn't surprised. I grew up mostly in the south, but even Maine seemed more normal than Denver.

It was a long time ago; but when we lived in Denver for about a year (Lowery AFB), the place just seemed not right. The local kids in school just weren't like other places. When the first school shooting took place, I wasn't surprised. I grew up mostly in the south, but even Maine seemed more normal than Denver.
Altitude maybe?

^^^ what matters. What other company would do this? With no naming rights?..

Yall wanna do that math?

105 scholarship players...20 million bucks?!?

Almost $200k EACH PLAYER if divided equally

Welcome to the soon to be National Champions Tennessee Vols.

Is that just football players or the whole athlete "Collective"?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Sitting in Reno airport. Tahoe vacation is over.

Tahoe is the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Hiked in the mountains and spend a half day at the beach all in the same location. Incredible weather, absolutely perfect. Got to kayak on the lake, too.

We will be coming back.

Tahoe is the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Hiked in the mountains and spend a half day at the beach all in the same location. Incredible weather, absolutely perfect. Got to kayak on the lake, too.

We will be coming back.

Was the water cold?

Is Ouray somewhat close to Gunnison?

As the crow flies? Lol sure.

One thing to learn about Colorado is the mountains sometimes double the time to go between one place and another. Relatively speaking, it's only a hundred miles or so. Driving? Is like 2.5 hours.

Beautiful country up there though.

We will be coming back.

Nobody in their right mind believes you did any kind of physical activity like hiking.

Probably got banned from Lake Tahoe after splish-splashing in your speedo.

Might be interested if you decide tonpart with some of it down the road. That's one of our "possible retirement places".

I don’t plan to hang on to all of it forever, but I have no immediate plans to sell any at this moment, maybe in a couple of years if and when I decide to fully retire.

Nobody in their right mind believes you did any kind of physical activity like hiking.

Probably got banned from Lake Tahoe after splish-splashing in your speedo.
By "hiking" of course I mean walking to the fridge from the sofa in the condo to get more ice cream.

VN Store

Back