Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

If we could pull in one more high quality LB, DT and RB to finish out this class it would probably be one of the most solid from top to bottom in program history as far as meeting needs goes.
RB, a large RT, Edge, LB, and possibly another S. I really wanted Juan Gaston (OT), but he committed to Georgia. Need to flip him. He'd be a good bookend to Sanders. With what we lose on the DL after this season, I'm convinced we need to look to the portal after the season for help there. But if GRG sees another high school kid he wants, I'm good with it.

If we could pull in one more high quality LB, DT and RB to finish out this class it would probably be one of the most solid from top to bottom in program history as far as meeting needs goes.

IMO Peyton Lewis is our next starting RB...I am pulling for Bishop to win PT this season though. Hes a Knox kid and ran for like 6,000yds in HS. Bishop was getting like 30 carries a game in HS, so he was "high mileage" going into last season. He really needed a year to recover his body. Hoping he can step up this year. Dont know about yall...but I havent forgotten that our starting RB this year has been an absolute LIABILITY as a blocker since he's been here. For obvious reasons, he has gotten very little work in practice and none in scrimmages this fall. He better be able to pick up a blitz come game 1 or Bishop and Lewis will take his spot as RB1. Sure hope that doesn't happen.

RB, a large RT, Edge, LB, and possibly another S. I really wanted Juan Gaston (OT), but he committed to Georgia. Need to flip him. He'd be a good bookend to Sanders. With what we lose on the DL after this season, I'm convinced we need to look to the portal after the season for help there. But if GRG sees another high school kid he wants, I'm good with it.
We will have Campbell and Sanders next season at OTackle. Plus we signed 4 bigtime Olineman last season that coaches are pleased with. Our 2nd highest rated in 25 class is an OG in Utu as well. We will be really good on Oline IMO for years to come. Dtackle is where we REALLY need help after this season. I bet we grab 2 from the portal. Needs to be top priority now for 26 class too...we are loaded at Edge and Leo, but you can never have enough of those guys. We really do likely have the best Dline in the nation this year. Top 3 for sure IMO

Reactions: AM64
We will have Campbell and Sanders next season at OTackle. Plus we signed 4 bigtime Olineman last season that coaches are pleased with. Our 2nd highest rated in 25 class is an OG in Utu as well. We will be really good on Oline IMO for years to come. Dtackle is where we REALLY need help after this season. I bet we grab 2 from the portal. Needs to be top priority now for 26 class too...we are loaded at Edge and Leo, but you can never have enough of those guys. We really do likely have the best Dline in the nation this year. Top 3 for sure IMO
We lose a lot of OL after this season. We've already got commits from 3 guys projected to play inside in our current class. Sanders commit today is the first projected to play tackle in the current class. I know what we have on the roster currently, but you have to stay ahead of the numbers if you can, so a second OT in this class would be beneficial.

We've got a few DL committed in this class. If CRG has anyone else he wants, I'm all for it. But I do believe we'll need to look to the portal for some experienced DL after the season.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We lose a lot of OL after this season. We've already got commits from 3 guys projected to play inside in our current class. Sanders commit today is the first projected to play tackle in the current class. I know what we have on the roster currently, but you have to stay ahead of the numbers if you can, so a second OT in this class would be beneficial.

We've got a few DL committed in this class. If CRG has anyone else he wants, I'm all for it. But I do believe we'll need to look to the portal for some experienced DL after the season.

I agree brother. This is a LOS league, and we need all the best linemen we can get on both sides of the ball. Those guys we signed last year, particularly Satterwhite and G.G. are developing well according to coaches. As long as we have Garner and the team is doing well, we will be stacked on the Dline. Pearce going top of 1st round just makes Garner more of a rockstar IMO. We will put several Dline in the NFL this season

Reactions: Weezer
I'm going to London in October. I have tickets to see David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall. Not that excited about the city though.

Wow! Really envy you. Had tickets to see Pink Floyd at Clemson in 1993? Only time I could have ever possibly seen them. Got arrested and missed the show. I was 16 or 17. Cant remember. Still sick about that. They were by far my favorite group as a young teen 13/14,/15. Had at least a dozen cassettes. Dave is an amazing guitar player with a unique and instantly recognized sound. Congratulations on the show man.

Edit. And RAH is an amazing venue. So many great recordings there.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Speaking of Maine, some acquaintances of ours highly recommend Ogunquit. I mean rave about it. It's on our list to check out. I've never visited Maine.

Had to look it up. We were in Bangor, and Ogunquit is southern ME. I have been to Kennebunkport - just north of Ogunquit; that was a popular spot then. Most of ME is very picturesque, but in summer the mosquitoes and small flies are a real nuisance.

Wow! Really envy you. Had tickets to see Pink Floyd at Clemson in 1993? Only time I could have ever possibly seen them. Got arrested and missed the show. I was 16 or 17. Cant remember. Still sick about that. They were by far my favorite group as a young teen 13/14,/15. Had at least a dozen cassettes. Dave is an amazing guitar player with a unique and instantly recognized sound. Congratulations on the show man.

Edit. And RAH is an amazing venue. So many great recordings there.
1994, Division Bell tour, I was there. That sucks you missed that show.

Good morning from Sequoyah National. I love it here, it’s my 3rd time playing here and I enjoy it more each time. It’s a challenging course and not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s fair if you’re swinging decently and the scenery and views are just fabulous. The Smokey Mountains in your sight line are just majestic.

47A5D1AA-7D3D-4C36-8B1A-40163CBF02A7.jpegD76E906E-D7EE-4244-9AAC-559C4CB01F2B.jpeg2A372497-9513-40DA-BB86-A832B8CDE94D.jpeg3B5909BB-190E-4832-B755-4B9D4FB01E65.jpegBDDA7A1B-5842-4CC8-9B58-55978B08D47C.jpeg8AB407C7-C618-4773-B915-799069BAABE6.jpeg

Btw...our new LB Coach (Inge) chose last minute to come here rather than go to Bama with the Washington staff. He was co-defensive coordinator and LB coach on that staff. Since becoming a VOL he has landed 2 bigtime LBs that UGA and Bama really wanted. He is the extremely intelligent guy that I posted about in here after his 1st interview because i was so impressed with him. He came in the door and started killing it immediately. His guys love him too. GBO

My world when I was growing up was pretty much Nashville and anywhere in the surrounding 60 miles. The Floyd never came there that I can remember, and going anywhere else to see them was out of the question. One of the biggest regrets of my life. I am excited to see David, but he has already said he won't be doing a lot of the 'old stuff', so I hope like hell his new album is good. Just to hear him live though will be amazing, as he can make scales sound great.

And I have one piece of advice that I know I have said before but bears repeating: Don't under any circumstances waste a single thin dime on a Roger Waters conference. He is a bitter POS. I saw him in Orlando and for his opening number he completely BUTCHERED Comfortably Numb. He started out the concert with a message board that said: "If you love Pink Floyd, but don't like my politics, retire the **** to the bar".

No wonder why David and Polly Sampson hate his guts. He's a complete *******

Lmao!!! We are flipping them from Bama now. Last I saw our class was no6 ranked behind Barn. I think we land 4* Koninbanny next weekend too. Probably finish top 5 without portal entries. We are so on fire!!

Theres that Backer you wanted Weezey

I really dislike NIL as used - doesn't really apply to the original argument. I think it's crooked - simply boosters buying players. The funny thing is we all suspected (and some knew) all about the buying of players before NIL. Doubtless that Bama and some other schools had mystique that attracted players, but I think we all pretty much knew they also had the best paid players. So while I detest the idea of paying amateurs and completely subverting the concept of student athletes, it's been a blast watching our team use it to dance all over some other schools ... beating them at their own game once the field was leveled. The best part is that after wandering in the wilderness for years, we have apparently managed to have the right coaches at the right time to exploit NIL.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I really dislike NIL as used - doesn't really apply to the original argument. I think it's crooked - simply boosters buying players. The funny thing is we all suspected (and some knew) all about the buying of players before NIL. Doubtless that Bama and some other schools had mystique that attracted players, but I think we all pretty much knew they also had the best paid players. So while I detest the idea of paying amateurs and completely subverting the concept of student athletes, it's been a blast watching our team use it to dance all over some other schools ... beating them at their own game once the field was leveled. The best part is that after wandering in the wilderness for years, we have apparently managed to have the right coaches at the right time to exploit NIL.

So much this. We are dominating in the NIL era recruiting. Getting almost all the top players we go after. Directly choosing us over Bama and UGA. They arent the only ones paying anymore....and it shows.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back