Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I do. I want to be the favorite in every game. Shows the strength of the team and program.

The best way to do that is know that you are going to win while letting the other guy live in fantasyland. Being favored is nice, but it gives the other guy something more to fight for - especially when it's at his place. Strength through stealth, but sports betting has screwed up that concept. Better to not give a team that actually has a chance to turn the tables something a chip on the shoulder. Ex: Miami - Sugar Vols, New Orleans, New Years 1986.

Reactions: McDad
The best way to do that is know that you are going to win while letting the other guy live in fantasyland. Being favored is nice, but it gives the other guy something more to fight for - especially when it's at his place. Strength through stealth, but sports betting has screwed up that concept. Better to not give a team that actually has a chance to turn the tables something a chip on the shoulder. Ex: Miami - Sugar Vols, New Orleans, New Years 1986.

I get the thought behind that, but we’ve spent almost 20 years being the underdogs, I’ll enjoy being the favored for awhile.

You're too old for them to care.

Feeble, too. And don't forget he's more likely to cause harm to himself than others ... demonstrated track record. Also if he goes on much longer in retirement, he has insurance and a Latina wife - that's like a self correcting error in judgement.

VN Store

Back