Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
I-26 and I-40 shut down. Part of I-40 is now in the pigeon river.

This may take years to fix damnit. Been through this before. Makes a 4hr trip home become a 5.5hr winding drive through the mountain towns of Hot Springs etc on 25/70 behind all the 18 wheelers that also still have to traverse the mountains. Really hate it for them...driving a truck thru all those winding mountain roads and stoplights in towns must be a lot like Hell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240927-165350_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240927-165350_Chrome.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 5
This may take years to fix damnit. Been through this before. Makes a 4hr trip home become a 5.5hr winding drive through the mountain towns of Hot Springs etc on 25/70 behind all the 18 wheelers that also still have to traverse the mountains. Really hate it for them...driving a truck thru all those winding mountain roads and stoplights in towns must be a lot like Hell.
that's going to be a problem for a while. I don't see a quick fix in the future.

Been there, done that after the big rockslide several years ago. It's either that or run 77 up to 81.

They will most likely turn it into a 1 lane each way section like they have done before. Yeah travel time will be severely impacted at times.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
So apparently the storm has stallled and is expecting to stay over the OV, resulting in more rain. I see the bands coming from the west on radar.

Reactions: AM64
So apparently the storm has stallled and is expecting to stay over the OV, resulting in more rain. I see the bands coming from the west on radar.
That similar to Harvey and Houston several years ago. About the worst thing that can happen once there is no more wind damage.

I have always wondered how the TVA system would be replaced..going on 100 years for some of them and the costs and timeline would be asronomical. Like a $1B just for a lock at Chickamauga.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

VN Store

Back