Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

One of my wife's therapists went to Nashville for continuing education. Went with her hubby to kinda make a work and relax weekend. Arrived late Friday. Sat am her husband was going to go get them some breakfast and every single truck was broken into. Smashed the door window. Thieves looking for guns. I guess more likely to be found in trucks than cars
Anyway, I share this as a caution. Please do more than just hide it. And if you hide it, don't hide it in the cab.
It’s a huge problem in Davidson county. Firearm theft I mean. Saw a news story on it a few weeks back. That story was followed by another story that the city council was looking to rename a park to honor indigenous people.

Because of course.

Wow, at first glance I thought somebody used a picture of 64 along the Ocoee. Then I realized that is the center divider and the other lanes are just gone. Even in good times that part of I-40 is one of the worst interstates in existence.
i used to live on the Ocoee and it sure does look like that curve where the rocks fall all the time

Glad you the Mrs. Are OK bud. Seems like the PF folks are all OK thankfully.

I stayed up a while watching to see what was going on. Guess I quit about 3. It's interesting all the ways you can gather info on severe storms. Zoom Earth is a great place to start to piece it together - good real time satellite views and storm tracks (worldwide); you can do radar overlays and even use the time feature to skip back. With Flightradar24 you can click on airports to see windspeed and direction get an idea on general weather conditions. TDOT has a good map of the state (Smartway) and shows what's going on. There are cameras along the interstates in the cities and some trouble spots like Monteagle (very useful with snow) - they show some info from adjoining states. SC, NC, GA DOT all have similar maps. That added to the regular weather feeds gives a good overview.

I didn't notice much happening here, but my hearing is pretty suspect - if I hear it, it's generally pretty impressive. At 3 this morning, it looked like the storm track was going much further east than the projection. I think the Greenville/Spartanburg SC weather station warning about 15 inches of rain in western NC mountains and catastrophic outcomes was pretty accurate even though I thought it seemed a bit over the top at the time. You're right that it seems like most of us came out fine; I was surprised by what @JOEY’S ALL VOL !!! has been showing us - hope he was the outlier in all this and everybody else came through OK - and even more that things get back to normal quickly for Joey.

Looking for wisdom.

Where do yall keep your firearms in your vehicle when you just CANT keep them on your person?

I understand the risk of leaving a firearm in a vehicle. I know it’s not the best idea. But inevitably there are situations when you just have to leave it in your vehicle.

I’ve seen Safes. Magnets. Etc. But wanted to know what others are doing. I’ve typically just “hid it” somewhere. But I need a better solution.

Magnetic dash holster.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Can't get the video to upload. Had about 6 inches of water in my basement. No tree or limb damage in my area that I can see.

They were telling people NOT to drive anywhere last night and this AM. Thought we had it bad until I saw what hit the mountains.

Top: refs signal TD on the field to give VT back the lead they have had for most of the game on a last minute hail mary....then refs go to review it for 5 minutes and OVERTURN the game winning TD on replay. Horrible pass interference in the endzone also not called on Miami...

Bottom :Refs gave miami 4 extra yards on this 3rd down run...from the 46 to the 50. Four. Yards. Miami went for it on 4th down and barely got it WITH the extra 4 yards. Was on a 4th qtr scoring drive.

The ACC refs robbed BC last season vs FSU to keep FSU undefeated and playoff bound. I posted about it here...it was THE worst and most obvious cheating by the refs i have EVER seen in 47 years of life. Worse than we have ever been robbed, and thats saying a mouthful. Refs called 13 penalties against BC versus a couple on FSU...including drive killing holding and offensive PI calls, FSU drive extending defensive PI calls...you name it. It was blatant and obvious that there was absolutely NO WAY the refs were gonna let BC hang on to win that game. A loss by FSU meant no playoff team from the ACC and the fix was in. Thats why FSU STILL GOT left out of the playoffs last year and cried like Hell. Everyone knew they flat got beat by an unranked BC team just a week or 2 before post season. ACC refs are a damn joke like ACC football. Miami isnt gonna beat Clemson playing like that...and Miami dang sure didnt look like a playoff team either.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Drove to Augusta to help load refridge/freezer truck as my restaurant there lost power. 17 hour work day. Walk in the door and my wife and daughter are at war. I was tempted to go back.

They’ll be thick as thieves in no time, especially if they both have an opinion that you disagree with it. Been there done that.

The ACC refs robbed BC last season vs FSU to keep FSU undefeated and playoff bound. I posted about it here...it was THE worst and most obvious cheating by the refs i have EVER seen in 47 years of life. Worse than we have ever been robbed, and thats saying a mouthful. Refs called 13 penalties against BC versus a couple on FSU...including drive killing holding and offensive PI calls, FSU drive extending defensive PI calls...you name it. It was blatant and obvious that there was absolutely NO WAY the refs were gonna let BC hang on to win that game. A loss by FSU meant no playoff team from the ACC and the fix was in. Thats why FSU STILL GOT left out of the playoffs last year and cried like Hell. Everyone knew they flat got beat by an unranked BC team just a week or 2 before post season. ACC refs are a damn joke like ACC football. Miami isnt gonna beat Clemson playing like that...and Miami dang sure didnt look like a playoff team either.

Same ref tonight was the same one who blew the Duke Miami game s few years back...

VN Store

Back