Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

This is something that needs to be looked into...

Agreed. But I have no idea what can be done and what will be accomplished.

Its absolutely ridiculous. The guys talk about it in this video, and I agree with Hubbs about what should be done. We had 3 holding penalties that killed drives vs Flarduh alone. 1 Heard, 2 Campbell, and none were egregious. Thats as many as our opponents have had in the last 10 games COMBINED. 40 quarters. Ridiculous. We have the best Dline in the nation, and the best Dlineman in the SEC in 1st team AA and SEC Edge Pearce. Great Dlines create MORE holding penalties. Not less. Its BS. Personally, I think the refs just hate us because we usually run the fastest tempo offense in the country...forcing them to do their jobs at warp speed which they resent. Its BS though, and the only way to affect change is to shine the light on it by speaking up. Increased scrutiny. Whats the downside? The refs are gonna REALLY hate us?

That I do not know, we can't be the only fan base sick and tired of the piss poor officiating in the SEC. Maybe he could build a coalition that would threaten to clean house in B-ham.
I would like to see a deeper study to see if this is unique to TN. If it is it would prove a conspiracy against TN.

Started on our construction loan Tuesday and since then my phone has been blowing up with lenders calling, literally have had over 100 calls and texts. Does anyone know of a way to stop that crap other than ignoring them? I messed up and answered a few, got ugly with a couple and damn if the same number wasn't calling again within a minute.

I would like to see a deeper study to see if this is unique to TN. If it is it would prove a conspiracy against TN.

I doubt it's a conspiracy it's probably like Marcus said, the refs get pissed at our tempo and try to slow us down. So yeah I'd like to see more analysis on it and comparisons to other high tempo offenses.

I doubt it's a conspiracy it's probably like Marcus said, the refs get pissed at our tempo and try to slow us down. So yeah I'd like to see more analysis on it and comparisons to other high tempo offenses.
Im not seeing the same discrepancy with other up tempo teams. I do think it comes from the top. I think they're punishing TN because of them bucking the establishment.

Im not seeing the same discrepancy with other up tempo teams. I do think it comes from the top. I think they're punishing TN because of them bucking the establishment.

If that is the case then I think DW and Plowman could make a case with the SEC office. UT is now a force across the board and if Plowman threatened to start a move to sack Sankey I suspect she would get some results.

Started on our construction loan Tuesday and since then my phone has been blowing up with lenders calling, literally have had over 100 calls and texts. Does anyone know of a way to stop that crap other than ignoring them? I messed up and answered a few, got ugly with a couple and damn if the same number wasn't calling again within a minute.
Doesn't the problem originate with the financial institution funding your construction loan ???

If that is the case then I think DW and Plowman could make a case with the SEC office. UT is now a force across the board and if Plowman threatened to start a move to sack Sankey I suspect she would get some results.
I don't know about that. If it's purely a targeting of TN and no one else, I'd say other programs would be reluctant to change if it were benefitting them when playing the Vols.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Doesn't the problem originate with the financial institution funding your construction loan ???

Apparently not according to her, she said these mortgage vultures (her words) like Rocket Mortgage and others get alerts from the credit bureaus when someone applies for a loan. Then the robocalls start.

Apparently not according to her, she said these mortgage vultures (her words) like Rocket Mortgage and others get alerts from the credit bureaus when someone applies for a loan. Then the robocalls start.
Yes, you can opt out of credit bureaus sharing your information with creditors and insurers:
  • OptOutPrescreen.com
    You can opt out of receiving pre-screened offers for credit cards, insurance, and other types of credit by visiting OptOutPrescreen.com or calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688). You can opt out for five years or permanently.
  • Direct Marketing Association
    You can opt out of other types of direct mail, such as catalogs, new business announcements, and coupon offers, by contacting the Direct Marketing Association at www.dmachoice.org or mailing your request to P.O. Box 643, Carmel, NY 10512.

Opting out will not affect your credit profile or score. It will also not stop all unsolicited offers of credit and insurance, as some companies may have already received your information.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires the major credit bureaus to manage the Opt-Out Pre-Screen process.

Im not so sure about that. I have closed a LOC and another real estate loan with my bank. I am getting no vulture marketing.

Yes, you can opt out of credit bureaus sharing your information with creditors and insurers:
  • OptOutPrescreen.com
    You can opt out of receiving pre-screened offers for credit cards, insurance, and other types of credit by visiting OptOutPrescreen.com or calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688). You can opt out for five years or permanently.
  • Direct Marketing Association
    You can opt out of other types of direct mail, such as catalogs, new business announcements, and coupon offers, by contacting the Direct Marketing Association at www.dmachoice.org or mailing your request to P.O. Box 643, Carmel, NY 10512.
Opting out will not affect your credit profile or score. It will also not stop all unsolicited offers of credit and insurance, as some companies may have already received your information.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires the major credit bureaus to manage the Opt-Out Pre-Screen process.

Does that help stop the calls and texts? Per the website it only talks about "Firm Offers" by mail.

VN Store

Back