Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Beaver really is tied to the UT AD and this was part of a process to force ESPN's hand if they're dragging their feet? The twitter attacks against Currie could have been smoke screens. Maybe the UT AD wanted the Haslam's to butt out as well and was letting the public know without wanting it to get back that they were actually the ones leaking the details?

All I know is that if/when he is hired, I truly hope as much info that can be put out about the whole process can be made public, it is a very interesting story line made for print and TV.

Reactions: 1 person
Kelly would be a instant success at Florida, the recruiting grounds in that state are fertile and he doesn't mind to cheat or do anything it takes to win

You are right and I agree. But the fact remains he doesn’t have the sack. The pressure of the SEC is unique and not all coaches can handle it. See Urban Meyer

So it allows for a quiet exchange and can be done "legally" to allow transfer of ownership for little to nothing.
Thanks for answer.

Also, would this cause any issues or problems of any kind in not allowing it to happen? I can't think of anything legally that could be done to not allow it.

You mean after the paper has been signed?

I'm still sitting at 60% on the Volfanometer this morning.
Still cautiously optimistic on the Gruden front.
Completely confident that Currie has his man already but I'm not sure that it's our man.

Reactions: 4 people
IMG_6573.jpg

Grude morning! It's pj day and my daughter is decked out in all orange up here in BBN. She gives her Uk fans hell all year. Lol

Reactions: 27 people
Question, SFD will probably remember, very early in this process someone who claimed to have information said that a search firm would be used. I think this is a telling fact about the presser. I want to think it was Hyams.

For real, that Currie smirk when asked about Gruden is everything

IDK, I watched the interview and Currie "smiled" a lot when questions were being asked. If he only did it on the Grumor question I think its telling however he smiled a lot during the entire press conference.........IMO #SOON

Women are able to multi-project (I think that is more accurate than multi-task) and men are able to compartmentalize. It comes down to brain chemistry.

I thought of this when I read your post. It's a hilarious listen. Describes men and women perfectly.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjUFYxSxDk[/youtube]

Last edited:
Morning!!

It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day and I’m feelin good!

Super curious about Concep and his post last night. Went to bed thinking about it. It just makes so much sense. You know, big picture wise. We all know ESPN is going down the crapper. NFL with its issues and people just cutting the cord on TV in general. Wish I knew the plans DISH has for the future as far as new products like Sling and their competitiveness with streaming services. Really sounds like Gruden is just a part of a much larger deal. Anyhoo,

Hope ya’ll have a Grude day!

The Grude News, the morning edition. For those just joining us...

OX0yQ.gif

Well, it's the Grude News Post Jones Era Day 1. For those just joining us nursing a hangover, might I suggest equal parts water and Gatorade...or Powerade if you despise all things Gator like a good Vol fan should. Regardless, one should be careful not to move too fast this morning and have a nice healthy breakfast at your local Waffle House.

Looks like the Night Shift was busy putting in some work. We rolled into Gruden 33 last night.

Lots of talk and chatter about the press conference and what happened therein. Apparently the buyout for Jones was decided before the meeting to the tune of $8,257,850 dollars through February 2021. I add this figure because it does give truth to the entire rumor his buyout was renegotiated well in advance of the firing. I honestly don't know if that's standard practice, but it is significant since the figure was quoted as far higher before.

Now, one of the more important aspects of the press conference today was we learned there will not be a search firm used for a coaching search. This has several positive attributes and a very big negative attribute. Positive means he trusts those around him to give him good advice in any search. Another positive means we likely won't be getting candidates that won't be a good fit for UT as those inside the University should be looking out for our best interest.

The negative side of things is the fact that so far, there has been little info coming out of the AD anyway. So, I'd expect that trend to continue. Much to our dismay.

However, allegedly John Currie told a recruit we would have a coach in place by the early-early signing day. Extremely good sign someone is already on the hook.

But it's unusual our normal sources of information have gone dark after the firing. I don't know particularly why, but the normal modes of information just aren't talking at the moment. They very well could be passed out wearing their UT Orange toga in their front yard with empty cans of PBR strewn around them. Don't know.

Except Beaver who tore into a Yahoo "reporter" and did a drive by on Hyams. Something most of us are guilty of doing at some point.

However, we did get a visit from Skeeter who didn't bring good tidings and that means news, not a flock of magpies either. Basically shut down the Grumors with a simple "No" when asked if we were getting Gruden. He continues to believe Frost and Mullen are the main ones in play at the moment. Being Skeeter and the information he's brought in the past, he didn't get the customary "GTFO" to those with bad news. Well, at least not from most. For the new folks, go easy on Skeeter, he's proven himself before and doesn't tend to bring info just for kicks even if it's what we don't want to hear.

However, one of our resident analysts HearForGrumors did his customary breakdown of items and helped break down the "stalking horse" theory to us Neanderthals on the forum. He continues to be an invaluable source of finding the items we might have overlooked otherwise.

We also learned Albert Haynesworth drinks Crown from a red solo cup. And decorates for Christmas way, way, way too early. And he happens to continue to be full on Grude.

In other news today, the Volnation News On Scene Team caught up with a brief interview with Athletic Director John Currie today after the press conference. While originally hesitant to answer questions, he facial expression was extremely telling when asked the question "Did Mister Freak really promise you an honorary Admiral position and the chance to steer the Grude 1 yacht out of the harbor on the initial voyage?" Mister Currie only gave this response:

1za4ts.jpg

Eventually, we'll try to get an extended interview with Mister Currie whenever we can and as soon as the courts allow reporter FacelessArya within a hundred yards of him again.

From the entire Volnation News Team, I'm Grand Vol and I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

(All information herein is specifically parody unless otherwise indicated by real posters or events)

Reactions: 29 people
Mr. Currie,

Please get with Jon Gruden and his agent sometime within the next 48 hours. Draft an offical letter requesting a response in writing from him with a cut and dry response about whether or not he's SERIOUSLY interested in the job. It could even be drafted in a way that has a check yes or check no box.

Furthermore, Mr. Currie, please make public his response. So, our fan base will shut up one way or the other.

Whereas, UT fans seem to have a fascination with Jon Gruden for some reason. Eventhough he has never been a head coach at college ranks and hasn't coached a snap of football in 10 years more or less, this fan base seems to think he's the only answer.

Whereas, for some strange reason, a childish one, Jon Gruden seems to enjoy the attention. All at UTs expense. Well, Mr. Currie, it is a distraction. A major one. If Jon Gruden wants what's best for UT one should expect him to put to bed these "Grumers". But, he doesn't. He allows them to continue and even fuels these "Grumers" himself. As if some sort of sick joke.

Now Therefore, the loyal fan base of The University of Tennessee, request you do the above referenced so it can stop. Just stop. So, the madness can just stop. Please make this go away. Just like you did Butch Jones. Just go away. Either show the world his yes checked box or no checked box, so our crazed fans can move along.

Respectfully,
madbamahater
Senior Member, VolNation

What is a Grumer? Is it the same as a Grumor?

Maybe the Beaver really is tied to the UT AD and this was part of a process to force ESPN's hand if they're dragging their feet? The twitter attacks against Currie could have been smoke screens. Maybe the UT AD wanted the Haslam's to butt out as well and was letting the public know without wanting it to get back that they were actually the ones leaking the details?

My understanding is that the Gruden side has been free and clear for some time. I don't believe that ESPN has been dragging their feet.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back