Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I can tell from what he told my father and I, he’s working really really hard,” Martinez continued. “He said it’s going to take awhile, it won’t be hours until a decision will be made, but it will be days. There’s a lot of work that has to go into this decision. It’s going to be a leader and someone that’s going to get this program back where it needs to be. He really reassured us that he’s going to get it done soon.”

You didn't bold the "it's going to take awhile" right before the part you zoomed in on.

"Days" is vague. "Awhile" is vague.

Take all the information in that young man's statement, and you're still left with a really big window. Tomorrow afternoon fits in that window. December 15th fits in that window. November 27th fits in that window.

Don't look for tomorrow. Don't look for Dec 15th. Look right around Nov 27th, give or take 7 days. That's when it'll be done.

Reactions: 1 person
Guy I work with made up something foolish and submitted it to volnugs a couple weeks ago just to see if it would get posted. Volnugs posted it and i heard it quoted on the radio. So volnugs is useless except for entertainment.

Except when you can go to the TCU boards to verify.

Reactions: 2 people
Per my source which is highly reliable, I was told that Currie has contacted a certain person, and told them that an announcement would be coming soon. Not in like hours but soon. They already have their guy, they just going through the process. I have no reason to doubt this whatsoever.

So you’re saying.........SOON?

SOON.

SIAP could also be referring to the proposed merger between Dish and Verizon?

Not sure this makes sense given the recent direction of Verizon. Verizon's focus has been on content, fiber, and spectrum in the 24 and 39 GHz ranges. They sat out the last auction where Dish bought up 600 MHz spectrum. Dish's spectrum is in the more traditional wireless range.

I am unable to keep this up long term. The only reason I am in this deep is that this is a finite puzzle. Eventually we have a new coach announced. And the timeline for that is relatively short. My OCD is why I don't get into fantasy football or recruiting. It would consume me.

SFD, I think you should go back and look at the posts by user Concep. The account is new, and everything they posted is cryptic and reads like they have more info than revealed.

Feels like a bubba-esque account.

Speaking of bubba, where’s that dude been?

Last two encounters were the bit coin fiasco, and the steak conversation. Feel like it’s time to see him again.

I’ve got mediation today, and won’t be around much. But, I wanted to throw that out there.

But here's the problem. If it's not Gruden, this thread will carry on for several weeks with all the reasons it didn't happen. And then when the next coach starts to struggle, the thread will start all over again. We are all in the twilight zone and there is only 1 thing that will allow our escape.

if it's not gruden, and it does carry on, it'll do so without me.

and i know that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, just sayin' ...

[ x ] false

He actually does quite well between advertising, sponsorships and compensation from his show.

Don’t worry about defending Ainge in here. It’s the internet where everyone can have an opinion and be an expert. I’m sure EA is doing just fine, just saving you some breath. He’s a public figure and thats just gonna make him an easy target.

Why would Jon Gruden be using Jimmy Haslam's private plane for the purposes of going to Tampa Bay?

Why would he go back to the place that fired him?

I doubt he wants to put up with Jameis Winston.

I'm not buying it. Maybe I should, but I'm not.

Reactions: 5 people
me too. big recruiting weekend. recruits (from what i understand) were told to hold off on visits til then. big boomage and major impact, without gruden even making a phone call. let the networks recruit for us for a few days.

That is the weekend that Cade has his visit scheduled or was scheduled. I think it will be very telling if they try to get those guys to reschedule for later or tell them to come on. If they tell them to come on, you would think an announcement would have to be coming before then. If they try to reschedule them, then the announcement will most definitely be after. Of course, this is my opinion only.

me too. big recruiting weekend. recruits (from what i understand) were told to hold off on visits til then. big boomage and major impact, without gruden even making a phone call. let the networks recruit for us for a few days.

Let's say you're right. Let's say Gruden is announced before the Vandy game. What does recruiting look like that weekend? Going to the game, going into the locker room with Hoke and Co. and then hanging out at the Holiday Inn with Gruden in a MNF truck out in the parking lot?

I agree with you Preacher, I believe it will be around the 21st or 22nd. That will give recruits time to line up their trip to Knoxville that weekend. I originally thought we would see a much later announcement due to Gruden and MNF, but Butch being gone speeds the window up. If we truly have reeled in the whale, then there is no way that we do not announce it before one last weekend of football. Use the announcement to salvage any recruiting we can at that point.

Why would Jon Gruden be using Jimmy Haslam's private plane for the purposes of going to Tampa Bay?

Why would he go back to the place that fired him?

I doubt he wants to put up with Jameis Winston.

I'm not buying it. Maybe I should, but I'm not.

I was much more worried about Indy. But I know nothing. I don't think he is going to the NFL, but again it's only my opinion. I feel much more confident than in 2012. :rock: SOON! GRUDEN to the Hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back