Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get dirty looks from the wife because I'm always reading my phone. :unsure:

Every time you feel the look, tell her how beautiful she is...she'll forgive. My husband lurks by me when on Volnation, I reach over and grab a handful of his backside and smile. Works every time!!

Reactions: 8 people
Saturday, September 8, 2018...over 104,000 in attendence at Neyland Stadium...there is a different type wind swirling around Knoxville, the likes that fans have not felt in 20 years...suddenly, the band lines separate, the Power T is formed...it goes quiet...fans begin to look around, the stadium goes deathly silent...then a low rumble starts, rumbling sounds begin to increase, it sounds like the begining of the song "Thuderstruck"?...what is happening? It is getting louder, and louder, then it is no longer that familiar AC/DC tune, someway, somehow, it transitioned to our beloved Rocky Top just as our Tennessee Volunteers rush onto the field led by COACH Jon Gruden...then we all finally realize once and for all...It is FOOTBALL TIME in Tennessee (CHAMPIONSHIP STYLE)!

LOVE IT!!! That will get you fired up. Just one thing....the band doesn't play Rocky Top running through the "T". That would be Down the Field. Just an FYI.

Lol my twitter feed is full of reporters tweeting the quote of Gruden's from August saying he'd get a school in trouble.

Ok guys been doing some digging late last night and early this morning. Myself and a couple others were really intrigued by a quote that Beav used earlier in his career at VN. That quote lead us to an article that was written in 1997 about a business deal to acquire some land out west. There were several items in this article that has been referenced throughout this thread. This property was bought by a Maryville native in 1997 and then a part of it was purchased by a very prominent TN booster (name on buildings booster). I then found out that this booster also has three private jets in his name. Only one of the three planes are able to be tracked. I have tracked the flights starting back in mid October. I will list the destinations the plane has went but not the screenshot of the flight plan due to the departure location (I DO NOT WANT TO OUT ANYONE)
Nov 10 Nashville and Fort Lauderdale
Nov 5 Palm Beach
Oct 30 Atlanta, New Orleans, Baton Rouge
Oct 28 Memphis
Oct 22 South Bend, Ruston Regional (very close to Grambling State?)
Oct 20 Baton Rouge, Ruston Regional, South Bend, back to Ruston back to Baton Rouge
Oct 13 Palm Beach
Oct 6 Baton Rouge, Tri-Cities

These may all be business trips, but the one that really stands out is Oct 20 and 22.
Ruston, LA is a very small town and is only a few minutes from Grambling State University. I am going to post a list of their football staff and see if anything rings a bell with you guys.
FOOTBALL
Broderick Fobbs Head Football Coach
Eric Dooley Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receiver Coach (no relation to Derrick)
Everett Todd Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Line Coach
Terrence Graves Linebackers/Special Teams Coordinator
Reginald Nelson Offensive Line Coach
Kendrick Nord Quarterback Coach
Lee Fobbs Running Backs Coach
Darrell Kitchen Tight Ends Coach
Brian Ware Safeties Coach
Quentin Burrell Corner Backs Coach
Michael Armstrong Director of recruiting
** this is all speculation and I have zero connections just trying to sniff through clues**

For what it’s worth, I ran across a post on FB (I know, I know) that Butch was rumored to La Tech....doesn’t explain south bend at all though.

I'm riding with Tommy B on this one and convinced we will hear something either way at the end of the week.

Every time you feel the look, tell her how beautiful she is...she'll forgive. My husband lurks by me when on Volnation, I reach over and grab a handful of his backside and smile. Works every time!!

Solid post and great idea... no matter what is going on... when my wife does something like this idc about anything...

Reactions: 1 person

You girls have such an advantage. Dayum it!!

Reactions: 3 people
Ainge stating AD will probably put a PR stating CBJ did not contact recruits

Ainge is adamant that Butch wasn’t trying to sway recruits away from UT. I like Ainge and believe him. One side is lying though. There’s no gray area on this. Either Swain’s “sources” are liars, or Ainge’s are.

Ainge is adamant that Butch wasn’t trying to sway recruits away from UT. I like Ainge and believe him. One side is lying though. There’s no gray area on this. Either Swain’s “sources” are liars, or Ainge’s are.

Swain admitted earlier that the report was wrong, or the recruit misspoke.

Who cares? Any recruit that agrees to fly with Jones is too freakin' stupid to play for TN.

None of these recruits are going to play for the Fighting Turnips of Southeast Central Jerkwater State Community College.

SCJSCC is about the only type of opportunity Butch has to land a HC gig.

Reactions: 8 people
No search firm.
Currie was somewhat involved with the Fulmer ousting and the Kiffin hire.
First time hiring a football coach as an AD.

Why would he not hire a search firm to cover his ass?
Because he already has his guy and probably a Plan B very well lined up.
I’m still at 30% because I’m skeptical but we will have a coach soon and might be Gruden

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back