Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony B:

Three components in play now that will effect Gruden coming:

1. ESPN paycut for Gruden.
2. The House of Haslem is now willing to let Gruden coach TN now. (covers up the negative stench from the Pilot trial)
3. Tampa Bay Bucs. He can rebuild Winston as that is what he does with QBs.

If it's John Gruden, it will happen before the end of the week. The longer this goes, the less likely it is Gruden.

Last edited:
I constantly hear people saying Gruden won with Dungy's players. On the defensive side of the ball it has some merit, but Gruden turned over almost 50% of the roster before the 2002 season. He replaced more than 50% of the offensive starters. He deserves a little more credit for that win than he gets.

Yeah but he also.coached against a team he built in the super bowl

Reactions: 1 person
Ok, well, I like Tony B and always have, but I'm starting to think he is now behind the news a bit now on this story. He's playing catch up, considering his latest news is lining up with what we have been hearing here on VN for a bit.

Gruden should come to Knoxville, stand in a big room, and invite all male UT fans to come see him. He would then give each fan a quick man-hug and say the words, "Please stop: I like UT but I'm not going to be the coach here. Ever....Next."

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    922.9 KB · Views: 670
Reactions: 10 people
Tony B:

2. The House of Haslem is now willing to let Gruden coach TN now. (covers up the negative stench from the Pilot trial)
3. Tampa Bay Bucs. Says this is not good.

If it's John Gruden, it will happen before the end of the week. The longer this goes, the less likely it is Gruden.

Didn't he just say this morning that Frost was a done deal?

Once again, there's a reason he periscopes from his basement...

Reactions: 3 people
I constantly hear people saying Gruden won with Dungy's players. On the defensive side of the ball it has some merit, but Gruden turned over almost 50% of the roster before the 2002 season. He replaced more than 50% of the offensive starters. He deserves a little more credit for that win than he gets.

Not to mention he faced the team HE built in the Super Bowl.

Tony B:

33 Threads. Hundreds of thousands of posts. And we still can't spell Jon Gruden or Haslam. Unbelievable.

Reactions: 25 people
Didn't he just say this morning that Frost was a done deal?

Once again, there's a reason he periscopes from his basement...

No. He never said that. He simply posted a rumor from someone else coming from Mike Hamilton.

Basic reading comprehension is a useful skill people.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly what I was thinking. Not too big of a limb to climb out on if you asked me. My other post about the definition of "soon" is going to be the frustrating thing about this deal until it is announced.

I was talking about him giving the exact quote Martinez gave and claiming it as his source. Lol

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a little betting on whether Gruden will be the coach or not? May have already been brought up, I have fallen behind on this thread.

Will someone please tell me Daniela's role in all this?

I started asking in Jon Gruden 28 (XXVIII), I think. I'm still clueless as to her part in the saga.

Plus if I ask, someone might put up another gif of her. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Not to mention he played his Raiders team in the SB.

And was probably the Tom Brady tuck play away from going to the Super Bowl with the Raiders.

Tony B:

If it's John* Gruden, it will happen before the end of the week. The longer this goes, the less likely it is Gruden.

*Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back