Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been optimistically skeptical, but now I'm thinking UT will get Gruden, and may already have him.

Was getting a little frustrated that he may have been stringing us along and should make some sort of statement about his interest one way or another.

Now I'm thinking that his lack of any denial means it could be real. He has nothing to gain by letting all the drama play out unless a) he's playing UT against another offer, or b) he just likes all the attention.

Neither of of those scenarios seems likely, so I am left with c): Soon.

Just my two cents for what it's worth, which isn't two cents.

Reactions: 2 people
Gruden should come to Knoxville, stand in a big room, and invite all male UT fans to come see him. He would then give each fan a quick man-hug and say the words, "Please stop: I like UT but I'm not going to be the coach here. Ever....Next."

Ainge stating AD will probably put a PR stating CBJ did not contact recruits

Ainge saying that shows he doesn't know what he's talking about. When you fire someone, you do not defend their actions, even if what's being reported is inaccurate.

Per my source which is highly reliable, I was told that Currie has contacted a certain person, and told them that an announcement would be coming soon. Not in like hours but soon. They already have their guy, they just going through the process. I have no reason to doubt this whatsoever.

Does this look familiar? Lol. Posted at 9:16 CT. What time was the Adrian Martinez quote posted?

Reactions: 3 people
gruden should come to knoxville, stand in a big room, and invite all male ut fans to come see him. He would then give each fan a quick man-hug and say the words, "please stop: I like ut but i'm not going to be the coach here. Ever....next."

gtfo

Reactions: 11 people
Every time you feel the look, tell her how beautiful she is...she'll forgive. My husband lurks by me when on Volnation, I reach over and grab a handful of his backside and smile. Works every time!!

The James Bond of VN.com Gruden community, grabbing backsides. :)

On Tampa Bay....

- No sure thing they even have an opening

- Gruden supposedly has made amends with Glazer family, but its one thing to do so socially, another to bury the hatchet and go back to work for someone who fired you

- Noone has talked about this, but supposedly Gruden's youngest child still has another year of school left before college - does that factor at all?

he may have made amends with the glazers for the sake of his mnf gig ... i mean it makes sense to me.

I lost a ton of respect for him when his two interceptions got us beat by LSU in 2007.

cameron_vaughn_2005_09_26.0.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
AD needs Butch to get a job, to mitigate part of the buyout amount.

Yep, I expect the $13M number Currie mentioned in the PC will wind up between $6M and $9M. I expect the dept will make $1M of that up in the next two games based on attendance, concessions and merchandise.

Announce a huge coaching hire and the incremental gain could be a lot higher. :)

Does this look familiar? Lol. Posted at 9:16 CT. What time was the Adrian Martinez quote posted?

Exactly what I was thinking. Not too big of a limb to climb out on if you asked me. My other post about the definition of "soon" is going to be the frustrating thing about this deal until it is announced.

Makes sense. I am not a CBJ fan but I do not care for kicking him unnecessarily.

At his core he's a horrible, reprehensible individual. He deserves everything he gets...but it doesn't serve any purpose for the University to kick him while he is down. They need to stay out of it, and thank him for his time.

Hubbs saying that the Grumors will only grow says a lot to me. He knows more than he's letting on.

I'd they aren't substantiated, Butch's firing would end the Grumors, not make them grow.

Here's to Gruden not mentioning anything about UT tonight.

Gruden should come to Knoxville, stand in a big room, and invite all male UT fans to come see him. He would then give each fan a quick man-hug and say the words, "Please stop: I like UT but I'm not going to be the coach here. Ever....Next."

ArmChair: what I got from that is, you'd like a man-hug from someone.

I hope you get what you want, but it ain't coming from me.

Reactions: 6 people
Hubbs saying that the Grumors will only grow says a lot to me. He knows more than he's letting on.

Just means that until one of the parties puts an end to the rumors, they will grow... but as I stated earlier, not putting an end to them could be a good sign.

I constantly hear people saying Gruden won with Dungy's players. On the defensive side of the ball it has some merit, but Gruden turned over almost 50% of the roster before the 2002 season. He replaced more than 50% of the offensive starters. He deserves a little more credit for that win than he gets.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back