Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to your point there are probably 10X more games on TV now than say 10-15 years ago. Think about it: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, PAC12N, Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, FN1, CBSSN, NBCSN, The Regional FOX sports affiliates all show multiple games each Sat. You have to fill those positions with someone....anyone but the 3 Dave's! :)

The "prime-time" elite games still get the elite crews. Those games are just mingled in with all the other games going on.

As far as the NFL goes, CBS & Fox have their A teams as does NBC (Sun night) and ESPN (MNF).

I can see MNF and the SEC Network being very profitable for provider, if managed correctly. Hey, then he could tone Finebaum down.

Will someone please tell me Daniela's role in all this?

I started asking in Jon Gruden 28 (XXVIII), I think. I'm still clueless as to her part in the saga.

Plus if I ask, someone might put up another gif of her. :)

She's a hot girl that dances around in her panties. That's it.

Reactions: 1 person
Remember the 24-48 hour statement that was made in terms of the firing and hiring and time in between the 2. If that was a true statement I’d put an announcement between Tuesday-Thursday.

Reactions: 2 people
33 Threads. Hundreds of thousands of posts. And we still can't spell Jon Gruden or Haslam. Unbelievable.

Come on, people. I've prepared you for this...

mrmax86's Guide to the Gruden Threads (v2.0.3):

Hidden below is the comprehensive list of all Official Jon Gruden Threads (just click the Spoiler button):
  • [thread=170135]Jon Gruden thread (merged)[/thread]
  • [thread=174150]Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)[/thread]
  • [thread=175559]Official Jon Gruden Thread III[/thread]
  • [thread=176242]Official Jon Gruden Thread IV[/thread]
  • [thread=176862]Official Jon Gruden Thread V[/thread]
  • [thread=177953]Official Jon Gruden Thread VI[/thread]
  • [thread=179002]Official Jon Gruden Thread VII[/thread]
  • [thread=179427]Official Jon Gruden Thread VIII[/thread]
  • [thread=180280]Official Jon Gruden Thread IX[/thread]
  • [thread=180682]Official Jon Gruden Thread X[/thread]
  • [thread=181172]Official Jon Gruden Thread XI[/thread]
  • [thread=181587]Official Jon Gruden Thread XII[/thread]
  • [thread=181912]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIII[/thread]
  • [thread=182223]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV[/thread]
  • [thread=182757]Official Jon Gruden Thread XV[/thread]
  • [thread=183227]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI[/thread]
  • [thread=280101]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII[/thread]
  • [thread=280784]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII[/thread]
  • [thread=281025]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIX[/thread]
  • [thread=281136]Official Jon Gruden Thread XX[/thread]
  • [thread=281426]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXI[/thread]
  • [thread=281622]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXII[/thread]
  • [thread=281796]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIII[/thread]
  • [thread=281970]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIV[/thread]
  • [thread=282227]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXV[/thread]
  • [thread=282380]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVI[/thread]
  • [thread=282491]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVII[/thread]
  • [thread=282592]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVIII[/thread]
  • [thread=282761]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX[/thread]
  • [thread=282916]Official Jon Gruden Thread 30[/thread]
  • [thread=283019]Official Jon Gruden Thread 31[/thread]
  • [thread=283120] Official Jon Gruden Thread 32[/thread]
  • [thread=283330] Official Jon Gruden Thread 33[/thread]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • [post=14325744]preacherwebb's GIF Posting Guide[/post]. Come in here with negativity and he'll put you on his LIST.
  • [post=14448286]How to change your settings to 50 posts per page[/post]
  • [post=14437150]How to multi-quote[/post]
  • [post=14381180]How to link Twitter posts on VN[/post]
  • Other VN BB Code Details
  • Need a summary of the latest goings on? Grand Vol summarizes it all for you every morning, midday, and evening. Check Here to find the latest iteration of "The Grude News".
-------------------------------------------------
  • THIS IS THE JON GRUDEN THREAD. Not The Dan Mullen Thread, or the Scott Frost Thread, or the Chip Kelly Thread. Get it?
  • NO POLITICS.Doesn't matter if you voted for Trump, Hillary, Peyton, or Rupert.
  • NO TROLLING. Quit playin’ games with our heart.
  • Everybody be nice, or Freak will boot yout butt. Just ask Grude_Awakening. Pecker.
    [*]Our AD is John Currie, not Curry like chicken curry.
    [*]It's Jon Gruden, not John.
    [*]It’s Haslam, not Haslem.
  • It’s Charlie Ergen, not Ergin.

Reactions: 4 people
Sorry for the spelling errors folks. I'm at work and typing as fast I hear something and simply didn't even think. I'm human.

That said, I will never understand the desire for one of our own to be a condescending prick to those just trying to contribute to the thread in a good way.

Reactions: 22 people
Gruden should come to Knoxville, stand in a big room, and invite all male UT fans to come see him. He would then give each fan a quick man-hug and say the words, "Please stop: I like UT but I'm not going to be the coach here. Ever....Next."

This actually gives me confidence that Gruden is coming. This douche is literally wrong on every single thing he posts.

#Soon

Reactions: 14 people
Remember the 24-48 hour statement that was made in terms of the firing and hiring and time in between the 2. If that was a true statement I’d put an announcement between Tuesday-Thursday.

Math.

Sunday 1:00 pm + 24 hours = Monday 1:00 pm.
Sunday 1:00 pm + 48 hours = Tuesday 1:00 pm.

You can't get Thursday out of that, no matter how you try.

Look for November 27th, +/- 7 days.

Reactions: 5 people
An angle I don't recall seeing too much is that of agents in general. I found this interesting from JG's agent Bob LaMonte in an early November interview:

Professional Sports Representation President and founder Bob LaMonte, who represents eight different coaches, told Sports Business Daily that the average is $3.25 million annually for a head coach. The highest coaching salaries are reserved for head coaches with high winning percentages or Super Bowl wins.

So, let's look at ESPN. If Gruden does stay at his "cushy job" at ESPN (rumored to be making in the neighborhood of 6.5 currently), he is also now rumored to be in line for a salary reduction. If true, I have to believe that Mr. LaMonte being a good steward of JG's money and subsequently his own, will have been looking. And if the reported numbers being reportedly offered JG by UT are true, he would be more than willing to jump at the opportunity this time around for him to coach at Tennessee since the average NFL head coach salary is only $3.25M - even though JG could pull higher, but how much higher? For such an outgoing guy who was so ready to ridicule the last time, there has been deafening silence so far this time from Mr. LaMonte.

Soon...

I know what it is, the point is figuring out who it is.

What's your point?
Wonder if Stalking Horse is simply a location? Stalking Horse Brewery? Maybe he was there enjoying a drink or two. We know he enjoys drinking. :)

Last edited:
Has Swan or Hutch said anything about Tampa being a threat on TOS?

Hutch said today it’s smoke. My good friend moved to Tampa and is a Bucs fan. He said they haven’t heard any rumblings regarding gruden period. He’s a season ticket holder. Gruden is being honored December 18th in the hall of fame for the Bucs. No way do they do that type of ceremony and rehire someone they fired years ago. Logically, this is a nice gesture to thank him for the help of obtaining a super bowl ring and putting water under the bridge from the past.

Reactions: 6 people
So a friend of my cousins sister on my father in law's side works for the UT athletic department and said this is what their working on now......

Attachments

• Grumor.jpg
    Grumor.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 14 people
At his core he's a horrible, reprehensible individual. He deserves everything he gets...but it doesn't serve any purpose for the University to kick him while he is down. They need to stay out of it, and thank him for his time.

I can verify this. I know someone that worked with Butch Jones first hand and the stories about how terrible he treats people is shocking.

I can verify this. I know someone that worked with Butch Jones first hand and the stories about how terrible he treats people is shocking.

After he lands another job, the stories that will come out about his time here will make people cringe that they ever pulled for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back