Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS. I asked a legit question that has yet to be answered but only flamed. I have a family. I have a dog. I can get plenty of attention elsewhere. I can’t take a poo without my dog whining at the door.

Again, I just see Fulmer as wanting a Petersen, Frost, Fuente, type hire. Maybe even les. I just don’t see the G name riling Fulmer up like it does people on here. I could be way off.
So...are you now done?

Reactions: 1 person
So really all we have is Gruden has a few ties to UT. Then there’s the other side of that argument. Not wanting to be the bad guy if the program fails, etc. I’m not anti Gruden. I just think a little. Gruden has expressed 0 interest in coaching any college team, let alone our Haslam circus. Some of the rumors on the Brohm deal were we didn’t wanna pay the pay out. No way in hell were paying Gruden what it would take a year if brohms buyout was an issue. It’s hard telling what Gruden makes a year between his contract, endorsements, etc. I know I know espn is going under. Realistically Gruden could pick any network to commentate for.

It just makes 0 sense in my mind. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Since you've claimed no one will engage:

1) We were willing to pay Gundy A LOT, so we have cash. That argument is moot.

2) You can make the "don't want to rock the boat" argument for every coach. Yet Frost returned to Nebraska. So again, that's a big "well what if." Also "loose ties" is dubious. Those are extremely strong ties. Mullen had less in Florida and people claimed it to be a reason to go there.

3) Gruden hasn't recently expressed any disinterest in coaching college. A few comments have been taken out of context like his probation one. He also, this being confirmed by his son, had someone meet with him about NCAA rules recently.

No one is engaging because these have been hashed out SO many times by people who come in here thinking they're the first to ask these questions. It's the equivalent of creating a post on any site that's been asked a dozen times and people screaming "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE."

Reactions: 2 people
you did not watch the whole movie dude...in fact it sounds like you missed most of it and only watched the trailer

No lies here. I’m pretty new. I lurked for yearsss. Even during the Gruden was coming 2012 mess. Finally decided to sign up. So I’ve not read every thread no doubt.

If you guys would just ignore the trolls they will leave. They will get bored with talking to themselves.

If you engage them, you give them exactly what they want, and they will stay in here longer. It just mucks up the thread.

Reactions: 10 people
Who has told you this? No one else is saying it. I want to believe but it’s not looking like he’s an option. I think that ship has sailed

there has been 3-4 people that has posted the same thing in the past 3 hours...sometimes these guys speak in code
almost like they are trying to keep a secret

:detective:

The problem is you say things intentionally to cause a stir, then act offended that people react. You’re like a little brother that annoys his siblings constantly, but then cries when one of them punches him.
Your “I didn’t do anything” act is boring already.

He's been doing that garbage for a while now. He came in here the other day calling us all idiots and morons then promptly got thrashed. He pulled that "I'm just asking a question" schtick.

Dude fails to realize many of us in here are doctors, lawyers, engineers, pilots, etc. There are some very intelligent people in this thread.

Reactions: 5 people
It’s a good start. I hope in the end Fulmer does what’s best for our program, not what our fans want. I’ll be the first to admit I’m sure Fulmer has a better grasp of this than me and 99% of the fans. Tons are chanting for the lane train and I certainly hope he doesn’t cave to our fans. Big names are great, but I want our program winning.

Okay, question answered.

Bye, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Reactions: 3 people
No lies here. I’m pretty new. I lurked for yearsss. Even during the Gruden was coming 2012 mess. Finally decided to sign up. So I’ve not read every thread no doubt.

There are a lot of good people here. You picked the right place to land. Seriously.

Are you basing this off his actions from 9+ years ago?

And the fact he's already called Mays and every other recruit before even getting too deep to the search, knowing recruiting is crucial.. But hey, keep your story line, wouldn't want to challenge your preconceived narrative.

Make me a sammich

stephpopcorn.gif

Last edited:
If you guys would just ignore the trolls they will leave. They will get bored with talking to themselves.

If you engage them, you give them exactly what they want, and they will stay in here longer. It just mucks up the thread.

Except for Deerhunter47.... for purely entertainment purposes.

Since you've claimed no one will engage:

1) We were willing to pay Gundy A LOT, so we have cash. That argument is moot.

2) You can make the "don't want to rock the boat" argument for every coach. Yet Frost returned to Nebraska. So again, that's a big "well what if." Also "loose ties" is dubious. Those are extremely strong ties. Mullen had less in Florida and people claimed it to be a reason to go there.

3) Gruden hasn't recently expressed any disinterest in coaching college. A few comments have been taken out of context like his probation one. He also, this being confirmed by his son, had someone meet with him about NCAA rules recently.

No one is engaging because these have been hashed out SO many times by people who come in here thinking they're the first to ask these questions. It's the equivalent of creating a post on any site that's been asked a dozen times and people screaming "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE."

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back