Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...but there needs to be a meeting to see if one side is still interested, and if the new representatives of the other side still feel the same.

That being said, what makes you feel good? Do you feel that he is still interested? And just discussing this (because the football coaching conversation has been missing for a good 36 hrs), if what you said is true, is there any concrete reason to feel good?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm the laughing stock at my husband's job because I believe Gruden is coming. He just walked in the house laughing and said xxxxx told me he can't believe you were right, Fulmer has talked Gruden in to coaching. TIFWIW

I hear you.... Where I work I'm the guy that everyone looks at with the *side eyes* whenever I mention that Gruden is a real possibility.

Reactions: 2 people
I would think time is of the essence to get this done while Haslam's camp is weakened, before he can form some dastardly plan.

Reactions: 3 people
I've got a deal with my wife if they announce Gruden this week....

tenor.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I don’t remember if Kevin Steele was Grumored to be on the staff, but could he be optional? He has moments of brilliance, but in big games it’s like he locks up. I’d pass on him at this point I think.

This “new” old regime makes it easier for some to get information. I stepped out for 24hrs to let the dust settle and this place turned into a red light district

Ha! Not the true Red Light district. Been here all day and haven't have to navigate by "turning sideways."

Whomever UT hires, it has to be a homerun. UGA is the new standard. 2 years as HC and Smart wins the SEC. Makes me sick to my stomach and jealous.

Used to frequent this thread everyday all day. Just got fed up with the stuff on the Hill right now. But I have to say this thread is always on top. ALWAYS! And it’s the only thread where everybody knows everybody and actually gets along. I guess I’ve lost my faith in it actually happening, but I commend you all for being good people and keeping this thread so active. This is the best thread by far.

Man, you don't have to believe to hang in here, just hope and don't be an ass.

All jokes and trolling aside, why would you think Fulmer would have interest in Gruden? I highly doubt Fulmer buys into the Gruden name hype like this silly thread does. Fulmer will want a proven college coach in that spot before he just throws a big name in there for no good reason. I imagine there are a couple names up front for Fulmer, and I just don’t envision Gruden being one of them.

All jokes and trolling aside, why would you think this? I highly doubt Fulmer buys into the Gruden name hype like this silly thread does. Fulmer will want a proven college coach in that spot before he just throws a big name in there for no good reason. I imagine there are a couple names up front for Fulmer, and I just don’t envision Gruden being one of them.

So why did you comment in this thread?

Think I've hit all the highlights after being gone most of the day. Wow. If we rise from the ashes of this past week and land Gruden...after almost hiring Schiano and Doeren...that will be a serious mic drop moment. The media will wet their collective pants, and what a beautiful site that would be. Dare I hope again?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If y'all haven't heard it, check out Swain's podcast with Al Wilson yesterday. I've gone back and listened to it, and Al gets it. If he had any interest in coaching at all (LBs), UT needs to lock him up. Our defense would run through a brick wall for him, just as he did for Fulmer, Chavis and his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back