Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure he does. Soon. All of this has been part of the plan. When Gruden comes, santa will be his oc, Easter bunny will be his dc. Everyone will get free season tickets and Kim jung rocket man will play nice. Soon soon

hey bud....you clicked on the wrong thread....and if you intended to click into the gruden thread then you must not have anything else better to do....

Reactions: 1 person
Fellow swimmer here, although much older. My brother almost played water polo there.

Ah, gotcha. They didn't have a water polo team anymore when I attended, unfortunately. Though they still had all the gear so we brought it out occasionally in the spring-time and played pick-up.

I was a distance guy.

All jokes and trolling aside, why would you think Fulmer would have interest in Gruden? I highly doubt Fulmer buys into the Gruden name hype like this silly thread does. Fulmer will want a proven college coach in that spot before he just throws a big name in there for no good reason. I imagine there are a couple names up front for Fulmer, and I just don’t envision Gruden being one of them.

1)Gruden started at UT, his wife went to UT, his son goes to UT, his other son is going to UT. Gruden will want the best for UT.

2) Fulmer loves UT and wants to win more than anyone. Fulmer will get the best coach for the job, and Gruden would be a great hire. Especially if Fulmer can help Gruden put together an all star staff.

3) Fulmer's strengths align well with Gruden's potential weaknesses. Fulmer would likely recruit for Gruden and let Gruden coach. Fulmer knows how to work with boosters and the good ole boy culture around UT too (obviously.)

There's a few counter arguments, like the control thing, I'm sure that would be hard for Fulmer, but could be worked out.

Reactions: 6 people
I think we're OK on timing with Fulmer having at least a two year deal...... The Haslams are toothless as long as Fulmer is the AD.

If the Gruden thing doesn't happen this time around, it ain't gonna happen. Like, ever...... He obviously doesn't want it........

I agree. If he doesn't want it this time, it will at least give us closure.

With that being said...

Attachments

• 01282ADF-916E-443C-8A8A-DF96EDBD3A43.jpeg
    01282ADF-916E-443C-8A8A-DF96EDBD3A43.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: 3 people
Go golf‏ @VolsScotchGolf
4m4 minutes ago

For the first time in a long time we have an Orange Blooded General leading the charge for Tennessee. Coach Fulmer is very busy assessing and assembling our future coaching staff. EVERY qualified coach is on the table and #Volnation should have full confidence in the process now.

Reactions: 10 people
Cutcliffe wouldn't excite me unless Gruden definately says no. AND Cutcliffe would have to bring Tee as OC - we need him in some capacity I fully believe. Players want him and would play hard for him.

1. Coasty - praying for God’s grace in your life during this difficult time.

2. This 2nd run at Gruden is going to be very interesting.

1)Gruden started at UT, his wife went to UT, his son goes to UT, his other son is going to UT. Gruden will want the best for UT.

2) Fulmer loves UT and wants to win more than anyone. Fulmer will get the best coach for the job, and Gruden would be a great hire. Especially if Fulmer can help Gruden put together an all star staff.

3) Fulmer's strengths align well with Gruden's potential weaknesses. Fulmer would likely recruit for Gruden and let Gruden coach. Fulmer knows how to work with boosters and the good ole boy culture around UT too (obviously.)

There's a few counter arguments, like the control thing, I'm sure that would be hard for Fulmer, but could be worked out.

Very nice post. Well written.

Does Al have a degree? It seems that there was a question about this in the past.

He stayed for four years, whether that led to a degree or not, I'm not sure.

Either way, his mother was the ISS administrator at my HS (yes, I went to JCM, the same school he was at a few years previous to my arrival), and I see where he gets his temperament and determination. She rode my ass like Seabiscuit because she knew I was better than my behavior.

I think the new deal sweetener is that the toxicity of the job previously was being controlled by and having to answer to Haslam. Now you answer to Phil.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back