Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all. Tony Bosilio is reporting that Justin Fuente and Gary Patterson are Fulmer's top two choices for HC. TB may be full of bull. Just thought y'all might want to know.

You know Phil would love to troll the local media.

We are in a better position in many ways. John and Haslam really made a biblical mess. Knowing how things work inside on the hill I really gave John a chance. I thought his self serving personality would get us what we needed, I was so wrong. this week was exhausting because I made it my mission to get him. Luckily a lot of people helped and we got it done.

We all thank you.

Reactions: 12 people
I thought you had tomorrow too? At least your owning up to it?

I wanted to change it to sundown monday given all the shake up that's happened since then, but a deal is a deal.

the hat was washed down with some Evan Williams. If we still get Gruden, which I believe we still are, it was well worth it.

Anyway I couldn't stay off this board if I wanted to right now. I had to check for any news and to see if I'd been kicked off last night. Got a little rowdy late. sorry for that folks. LETS GET GRUDEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Let's have some fun...I saw this picture last night and posted it already but........

Let's play===Caption This Picture===

Attachments

• DQAFkYIWsAEMSCF.jpg
    DQAFkYIWsAEMSCF.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
Hey y'all. Tony Bosilio is reporting that Justin Fuente and Gary Patterson are Fulmer's top two choices for HC. TB may be full of bull. Just thought y'all might want to know.

Not sure he really knows?! He was one who reported Reid Sigmon as AD the other day too.

Reactions: 3 people
I wanted to change it to sundown monday given all the shake up that's happened since then, but a deal is a deal.

the hat was washed down with some Evan Williams. If we still get Gruden, which I believe we still are, it was well worth it.

Anyway I couldn't stay off this board if I wanted to right now. I had to check for any news and to see if I'd been kicked off last night. Got a little rowdy late. sorry for that folks. LETS GET GRUDEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be Monday, MNF. Maybe Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 person

I vote YES!

It has to be brought to the OG guys though unfortunately

:blink:

Let's have some fun...I saw this picture last night and posted it already but........

Let's play===Caption This Picture===

short-bus-243553.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
1)Gruden started at UT, his wife went to UT, his son goes to UT, his other son is going to UT. Gruden will want the best for UT.

2) Fulmer loves UT and wants to win more than anyone. Fulmer will get the best coach for the job, and Gruden would be a great hire. Especially if Fulmer can help Gruden put together an all star staff.

3) Fulmer's strengths align well with Gruden's potential weaknesses. Fulmer would likely recruit for Gruden and let Gruden coach. Fulmer knows how to work with boosters and the good ole boy culture around UT too (obviously.)

There's a few counter arguments, like the control thing, I'm sure that would be hard for Fulmer, but could be worked out.

So really all we have is Gruden has a few ties to UT. Then there’s the other side of that argument. Not wanting to be the bad guy if the program fails, etc. I’m not anti Gruden. I just think a little. Gruden has expressed 0 interest in coaching any college team, let alone our Haslam circus. Some of the rumors on the Brohm deal were we didn’t wanna pay the pay out. No way in hell were paying Gruden what it would take a year if brohms buyout was an issue. It’s hard telling what Gruden makes a year between his contract, endorsements, etc. I know I know espn is going under. Realistically Gruden could pick any network to commentate for.

It just makes 0 sense in my mind. Hopefully I’m wrong.

We are in a better position in many ways. John and Haslam really made a biblical mess. Knowing how things work inside on the hill I really gave John a chance. I thought his self serving personality would get us what we needed, I was so wrong. this week was exhausting because I made it my mission to get him. Luckily a lot of people helped and we got it done.
Many thanks for your efforts.

Reactions: 1 person
National Anthem at the Big 10 championship game was done the way it should be done

Both bands joining in and no frills.

Gave me chills.

Reactions: 13 people
I know how you feel coasty. My wife passed 1 year ago today.

rk, I've been in your shoes and I can tell you it eventually gets better. She'll never be gone as long as you keep her in your heart. It took me two years before I could even think about giving her personal things away.

I had a good support system around me but I just couldn't bring myself to let go. I finally accepted the situation and moved forward with closure. There's always gonna be a hole in your heart but life does go on for the living.

Keep the faith.

Reactions: 5 people
Fulmer could talk eskimo's into buying ice in the middle of a snowstorm......

They didn't call him "The Closer" in recruiting back in the day for nothing......

*edit* forgot two words......

Da Big Fisherman's got a big 'un on the line. Hope he can reel him in.

Dewey200-4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back