Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about how quickly everything went south last week. Nothing at all from Gruden or anyone until Mike and Mike surprised him with their question about the Browns ownership deal. He sounded very unsure with his stuttering and then somehow Woodberry of all people get through to Grude's agent. I'm thinking Gruden calls his agent and tells him to please get these guys off my back for right now. Maybe the reason for the harsh words from Lamonte. Gruden simply needed more time to work things out with ESPN, family, and the asst coaching stuff. Just my .02

Reactions: 2 people
with all of these coaches apparently now "out" of the picture... I'm starting to think it IS going to be Gruden... or Dooley 2.0

Reactions: 1 person
That's a possibility. My comment was just based of another's premise that all the media was clueless on this search.

That would make most sense. I doubt UT would help build their credibility, then hand them the story of the decade, and tell them to sit on it. More likely they just told them the truth, interviewing here, cancelled meeting with Gruden, but nothing in as far as Gruden is OUT, just to string it along...

Classic smokescreen...

spy_hunter_smoke_screen.jpg

Great game!

Think about how quickly everything went south last week. Nothing at all from Gruden or anyone until Mike and Mike surprised him with their question about the Browns ownership deal. He sounded very unsure with his stuttering and then somehow Woodberry of all people get through to Grude's agent. I'm thinking Gruden calls his agent and tells him to please get these guys off my back for right now. Maybe the reason for the harsh words from Lamonte. Gruden simply needed more time to work things out with ESPN, family, and the asst coaching stuff. Just my .02

Bingo, IMO

Is it weird that a certain coach is still contacting potential assistants particularly for a town without a professional sports team?

So are you saying that Gruden's still contacting assistants about Knoxville, even though reports said he wanted to go back to the NFL? Or did I miss something?

Where is skeeter getting $100K+ in jet fuel? Hard to believe that UT's jet would cost more than $2,500/hr. Are we to believe that Hart has logged 50+ hours of flying in 14 days?

What hart told him to say...slip up by Dave....not getting good sleep in the airport hanger

I think we should start taking bets on when the press conference to announce the new coach will be. Not by calendar date either. I'm guessing Gruden XXXVIII.

I believe I bet on Gruden X when we were on Gruden V!!...

Has anyone considered that maybe it's not an elaborate smokescreen, that maybe there's a lot of truth what's really happening?

I can't imagine Hart not being for Gruden. It would be the biggest hire in the history of AD's and he'd get the credit. It's always been a longshot, an I'll see it to believe it deal. Everything that has been done so far, IMO, was to buy time to see if the longshot Gruden deal could in fact be made. They probably had a deadline of Nov. 30th to work on it, but Hart couldn't wait any longer to start his search and when it wasn't done with Gruden, that was everyone's sign it wasn't happening. Doesn't mean that Haslam hadn't made enough progress to drop it altogether, just meant they weren't close enough for Hart to put off a real search any longer.

Meanwhile, Haslam and some others are still trying to work through the Gruden issues, convince him, and deliver him to Hart. Just because Gruden has agreed to the terms and basic outline of the deal doesn't mean it's anywhere near done in a mega deal such as this because the devil is in the details. It's not a smokescreen, it's the reality of the situation. Either they will work out the Gruden deal and he'll say yes, or Hart will announce the results of his coaching search.

Just my speculation, but it's the only way to explain Hart's actions as well as all of the conflicting information that has been out there and is still out there. Basically, I think there are two deals being worked on - the big money is trying to deliver Gruden and Hart is conducting a real coaching search so if TN is left at the altar, they don't have to reach Derek Dooley2.

Reactions: 6 people
I spoke to Mulder & Scully. They make a good point. The Haslem camp (who has strong ties with everyone in Chattanooga) told him to squash a follow-up for now or risk messing up everything...again.

The Smoking (Cancer) Man told him to tell them that.

Has anyone considered that maybe it's not an elaborate smokescreen, that maybe there's a lot of truth what's really happening?

I can't imagine Hart not being for Gruden. It would be the biggest hire in the history of AD's and he'd get the credit. It's always been a longshot, an I'll see it to believe it deal. Everything that has been done so far, IMO, was to buy time to see if the longshot Gruden deal could in fact be made. They probably had a deadline of Nov. 30th to work on it, but Hart couldn't wait any longer to start his search and when it wasn't done with Gruden, that was everyone's sign it wasn't happening. Doesn't mean that Haslam hadn't made enough progress to drop it altogether, just meant they weren't close enough for Hart to put off a real search any longer.

Meanwhile, Haslam and some others are still trying to work through the Gruden issues, convince him, and deliver him to Hart. Just because Gruden has agreed to the terms and basic outline of the deal doesn't mean it's anywhere near done in a mega deal such as this because the devil is in the details. It's not a smokescreen, it's the reality of the situation. Either they will work out the Gruden deal and he'll say yes, or Hart will announce the results of his coaching search.

Just my speculation, but it's the only way to explain Hart's actions as well as all of the conflicting information that has been out there and is still out there. Basically, I think there are two deals being worked on - the big money is trying to deliver Gruden and Hart is conducting a real coaching search so if TN is left at the altar, they don't have to reach Derek Dooley2.

Nope
BatSmoke_6230.jpg

Is it weird that a certain coach is still contacting potential assistants particularly for a town without a professional sports team?

The funny thing is, they either won't believe you or won't get who you're talking about....

Any ideas yet on who he was talking to last Friday?

You know I believed all of the talk from Yay4bray at first as well and if he/she turns out to be right I will come back and offer an apology to them but after watching if for the past week none of the posts that are being thrown out have any meat to them. I could come on here and say "got a text today that makes me think we have come to an announced time frame for Gruden to take over". People would run with it like gospel but there is no substance to those posts. We have been trolled just like we trolled Arkansas and their boards

Reactions: 2 people

That doesn't explain the MOU and the "Jon's coming home" text that have been integral parts of this story coming from the Grudenites.

just saw this in the cliff notes:

Email forwarded to me from Larry LWSVOL

Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 1:51 PM
Subject: Not final and may not get there

But word is as follows..

Jimbo Fisher has withdrawn consideration for UT job.

Sounds like things are quickly moving toward Charlie Strong. Could have breaking news most anytime.

couldn't it also be moving toward Jon Gruden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back