Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is so up and down. Just an hour ago people were holding out hope now the vibe is there is 0% chance that JG is going to happen.

I don't know if this has been thrown out there, but I heard today the real hang-up is the buy out. Grumer is that Gruden doesn't want to have to pay anything is he leaves early.

I don't think it's the buyout. I think it's the fact that Gruden makes 300k a game to call MNF. That's 1.2 million dollars he will be collecting in the next 18 days.

Reactions: 2 people
I am passionate about things, and what I believe. I will bring anything I bring with the same level of intensity whether it be positive or negative. I want to get all the info, not just that which supports my position.

I just get sick of the GTFO if you dont believe and when it comes to mocking, Y4B is the only one I feel like I have mocked or put down in any way. And he deserves it imo. People are upset enough, to continue to troll after it is completely evident this was never what it was told to be, is just chicken**** and trollish.

Waiting on that guy to post a Soooieee when Arky hires a coach.

Not flaming either of you, but couldn't the same be said of you?

You were all in, trolling and stoking the flames, and now you're out to bring down morale and hanging around for no good reason.

I don't believe that personally, but I'm just saying. You can't point at Y4B and accuse of him of doing something that you too could be accused of doing.

No one should be telling anyone to GTFO unless they are a mod, although I don't see much point in hanging out in a Gruden thread if you don't think Gruden is coming.

My two cents. :hi:

Reactions: 8 people
Same opinion as what I have as to what happened here, he just hung on to it the longest. He was convinced, and reported what he believed to be true imo.

Ok, well I can say this, I cannot get past Stephen Hargis putting his 23 year career on the line without his information being 100% fact.

Honestly, I enjoy this board, but without his story, I would have also jumped off this "train" when the agent annoucement took place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
just wait for y4bray to troll it up hard. He has a small window to do so before Strong is announced.

I've learned to remember:

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey Jake.....did you get with Manning to get this nailed down?

Well...I did get this close to him yesterday. Lol

9201E61E-E594-41FA-9286-31C6284FB199-1641-000001492F3C465E.jpg

I do not, but keep the faith if you want. I will be the first in line to celebrate if everyone in the media and everyone close to the AD and everyone I know.....except Y4b....is wrong.

I think everyone, boosters, former players, forum members, insiders, outsiders, got caught up in one level or another of the same story, then group think took over.

And I also said from the beginning that my main concern was Dooley being gone, and any of a number of coaches would and could turn this program around. Research the first few threads, you will see.

So what coaches do you think can turn it around? With a lot of the high targets SEEMINGLY staying at their schools....Fisher, Gundy, Strong...say these are out of the picture who can get it done that the fan base won't storm the streets searching for Hart

The whole time I wanted to believe but it all seemed to close to the Manning/Titans deal.

This will go down as either the most massive fail or most massive troll job in UT history.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm starting to believe in this delayed info going on here. The sticking point in the TFP article was assistant money right? And he said on radio the two sides were far apart. I'm wondering if it was Gruden pushing hard for them to pay C. Morris's buyout and they said no. And now he has to find a new OC. Anyone else?

Hargis said that they were not that far apart and should be able to compromise on amount.

FYI Tenn is currently paying assistants 3.5 mill.

Gruden reportedly wanted 4.5 to 5 mill for his guys.

Therefore we can surmise that the parties would have met somewhere in the middle, lets say 4.2 mill which isnt really that bad.

I don't think it's the buyout. I think it's the fact that Gruden makes 300k a game to call MNF. That's 1.2 million dollars he will be collecting in the next 18 days.

Wow. I'd take him in Jan ha. And that's 1,200,000 reasons I wouldn't take this job yet either

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back