Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel there will still be hundreds of people on this thread halfway through the 2013 football season...

Reactions: 3 people
Bcarter - It's no real skin off anyone's back bc this is just a college FB coaching search, not life or death, but...

These may well have been your sources, but they were not necessarily those of others. I'll not be commenting much further on the issue, but there was much more to this than herd mentality run rampant. I know several things that convince me otherwise, and know them from places different than what you have described above.

Also, we could put together a pretty good case and timeline just using the public record to confirm that talks had indeed gotten very deep, including potential staff had discussed coming with him. NFL reports corroborated the same information in less detail weeks ago.

Whatever the case, you don't get that far into discussions without their being a legitimate chance for something to get done. It was far from a pipe dream.

Buy hey, that's my opinion. It may not matter now. We'll all pulling for the same outcome. Just wanted to clarify or offer a different perspective.

This is much more believable than a cursory call from Hart to Gruden’s agent to gauge interest. I truly believe this deal got close and something derailed it. Not blaming Hart but something changed in a hurry.

I know, but at some point it becomes funny, specifically how Y4B likes to come in, post 4 vague sentences, then fade away while people eat it up. I didnt turn on my sources, I figured out those that are FOS. I admitted I was listening to those that supported my opinions and dismissed those that didnt. By Friday 100% of the people I know close to things said it was done, over, and some even verified it was never as close as they thought. I do not consider myself an insider, but do hear things most people are not privy to from time to time. I shared those in this thread, and it was wrong, and I admit I have no credibility lol.

Like I said this was all a big hoopla started by mid level boosters, a guy from another forum, and a group of former players that all thought they knew more than they did. This is clear now, and I am ONLY calling out Y4B because he is FOS.

I will stop posting here when I am ready, and only post a few times a day now. I know people here, I like them, and they like me. If YOU do not like that ignore me or STFU.

Intersting synopsis. This was my theory all along.

Reactions: 1 person
Hart has his own agenda, I am afraid. The chances of an alleged home run are dwindling by the second.....

I really hope Hart isn't playing everyone so he can come back later and say Smart is the best we could get. I'd take Fulmer first, and nobody knows how bad I wanted him to get fired.

If No announcement this week.... I will back at 100% Gruden... DAM THE TORPEDIOS FULL SPEED AHEAD

I'm right with you brother! I am at 10% and each day that goes by without an announcement I am increasing my chances by 20%. By Friday I'll be at 90%. By Sunday I'll be at 110%.

Anybody hear how Okla St 2:45 team meeting went/ what was said?

Jason Swain has already spoken to this: Me paraphrasing, He said that when you go to a bowl game the Monday after selection, which is today, you have a meeting where you discuss your extended schedule leading to the bowl game. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Bcarter - It's no real skin off anyone's back bc this is just a college FB coaching search, not life or death, but...

These may well have been your sources, but they were not necessarily those of others. I'll not be commenting much further on the issue, but there was much more to this than herd mentality run rampant. I know several things that convince me otherwise, and know them from places different than what you have described above.

Also, we could put together a pretty good case and timeline just using the public record to confirm that talks had indeed gotten very deep, including potential staff had discussed coming with him. NFL reports corroborated the same information in less detail weeks ago.

Whatever the case, you don't get that far into discussions without their being a legitimate chance for something to get done. It was far from a pipe dream.

Buy hey, that's my opinion. It may not matter now. We'll all pulling for the same outcome. Just wanted to clarify or offer a different perspective.

I agree totally.

Reactions: 1 person

Totally agree. When a former governor says the deal is "almost done" he's not basing that on things he heard from mid-level boosters or the internet.

Great post :good!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back