Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Bcarter...I ask you this in all seriousness...

Your opinion of Stephen Hargis' article?

I know I'm not Bcarter but I did want to respond. It seems as though many people are questioning Hargis and his source. I really don't like Hargis but I will say I believe what he wrote. I have always known him to have integrity in what he reports. I'm just not a fan of the way he reports it sometimes. In this case there is no doubt his source was very solid and that it was verified. Clearly things happen and I assume this broke before it was supposed to break and it was quickly squashed.

We may never know what really happened or why and at the end of the day I really don't care as long as we get the right coach.

Again Hargis is solid and I wouldn't question his integrity.

Oh, does anyone know where Harts son was AD?

I really hope Hart isn't playing everyone so he can come back later and say Smart is the best we could get. I'd take Fulmer first, and nobody knows how bad I wanted him to get fired.

If we end up with Kirby Smart it will be the end of Tennessee football as we know it and the end of Dave Hart's career!

I was bummed like others after the news Friday. But am still hoping it is Gruden. I agree with others that if there is no announcement by the end of this week, it points to it being Gruden more than likely. Will be an interesting week.

If we end up with Kirby Smart it will be the end of Tennessee football as we know it and the end of Dave Hart's career!

Hopefully you are right about the second part of your post.....if the Smart hire happens, that is......

i know i'm not bcarter but i did want to respond. It seems as though many people are questioning hargis and his source. I really don't like hargis but i will say i believe what he wrote. I have always known him to have integrity in what he reports. I'm just not a fan of the way he reports it sometimes. In this case there is no doubt his source was very solid and that it was verified. Clearly things happen and i assume this broke before it was supposed to break and it was quickly squashed.

We may never know what really happened or why and at the end of the day i really don't care as long as we get the right coach.

Again hargis is solid and i wouldn't question his integrity.

Oh, does anyone know where harts son was ad?

utc

This is much more believable than a cursory call from Hart to Gruden’s agent to gauge interest. I truly believe this deal got close and something derailed it. Not blaming Hart but something changed in a hurry.

The best, and only, question to ask is: what COULD have derailed it?

Hargis says he was told money for the assistants. Do you buy that? That's like saying San Francisco wouldn't have hired JH a couple of seasons ago because they had concerns on spending too much for Vic Fangio. It's like saying Denver wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Peyton because the guaranteed money he wanted in his 3rd year would be too high.

It's too far in the process, with too high caliber of a candidate, to let a small detail like that happen.

What else could there be? Cold feet from Jon Gruden at the last minute?

Maybe, and that may be the best answer to this if it in fact doesn't happen. But I seriously doubt with the ties he has to the organization and knowing what all it would take to get that far in the process (acquainting himself to the college game, getting in contact with potential staff) - he'd go through all that time/effort to just back out at the last minute, leaving an organization "hanging" if you will, that he actually cares for.

So then, what could have caused the hangup?

I don't think anything did. I think it was just the timing, and the timing that it was about to be leaked everywhere with far more information than it was more than just a rumor we were considering him.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe this is a theory, but I just realized something this morning and I posted it:

I watched a MNF commercial on ESPN this morning and it showed a scene from one of the previous MNF sets. So, it had Mike Tirico talking to someone, which should have been JG, however, no one was there. It looked as if ESPN edited JG out of the commercial.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why they would erase one of the main figures out of their commercial.

Conspiracy theory.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I know I'm not Bcarter but I did want to respond. It seems as though many people are questioning Hargis and his source. I really don't like Hargis but I will say I believe what he wrote. I have always known him to have integrity in what he reports. I'm just not a fan of the way he reports it sometimes. In this case there is no doubt his source was very solid and that it was verified. Clearly things happen and I assume this broke before it was supposed to break and it was quickly squashed.

We may never know what really happened or why and at the end of the day I really don't care as long as we get the right coach.

Again Hargis is solid and I wouldn't question his integrity.

Oh, does anyone know where Harts son was AD?[/QUOTE]

Tenn chatt ?...is that what you are saying?

I keep checking the Strong thread because of what's being posted in the Cliffs thread and it's like a war zone in there. This fanbase so needs the uniting influence that a Gruden-level hire would bring.

I keep checking the Strong thread because of what's being posted in the Cliffs thread and it's like a war zone in there. This fanbase so needs the uniting influence that a Gruden-level hire would bring.

I agree with this. The people that like candidate A hate candidate B and so forth......Gruden would have made at least 80-90% of the fanbase excited...don't know anyone else that can, unfortunately

I am not sure who Bcarter is? Don't give to many good sources. Remember we have 3-4 camps watching us. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back