Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel there will still be hundreds of people on this thread halfway through the 2013 football season...

Why not? It's the best place on VN to hang out ( except when the FF invades after new Gruden news ).

After all the Gruden talk the last few months, I just can't shake the idea that while there are obviously other good coaches he might do well here, Gruden is the only one I can think of that would immediately inject serious excitement into everyone. That is something that most schools would kill for. I was just thinking from a marketing point of view, think of all the different UT merchandise you could sell right away just by putting Gruden on it, or Chucky. People would eat that stuff up. Not that that is everything, but it seems like instant return on your investment to me.

Reactions: 1 person
My hopes....and you?

Actually another poster said that I could use his old one b/c I told him a while back that it would be stolen eventually:naughty:..Plus I was ready for something different, hopefully it's the good luck avi resulting in Gruden being announced.:rock:

What bowl game is Gruden set to cover in December? And by him actually covering this game would it not make it official that he is NOT coaching in the NCAA this season? I heard coaches cannot participate in covering bowl season if they're coaching the following season.

I think one specific poster in here likes to read their own posts.

Has an answer to every angle or situation resulting from the days media talk.

This poster now believes Hubbs is the father of correct info.

C'mon man!

I know I'm not Bcarter but I did want to respond. It seems as though many people are questioning Hargis and his source. I really don't like Hargis but I will say I believe what he wrote. I have always known him to have integrity in what he reports. I'm just not a fan of the way he reports it sometimes. In this case there is no doubt his source was very solid and that it was verified. Clearly things happen and I assume this broke before it was supposed to break and it was quickly squashed.

We may never know what really happened or why and at the end of the day I really don't care as long as we get the right coach.

Again Hargis is solid and I wouldn't question his integrity.

Oh, does anyone know where Harts son was AD?[/QUOTE]

Tenn chatt ?...is that what you are saying?

Rick Hart - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Official Athletics Site

Just know that it's someone the VN loves. That's as far into it as I'm allowed to go without giving away my source.

The AD and Lamontes office are stalking this board hard.

HeII at this point every crack dealer in east tn is stalking this board .

Dear santa ,All I want is Gruden .

I unerstand...only onemore question....is the tree safe?

Coasty - I may not be who you think I am! I was at UT at the same time as OldVol - was women's intramural all university punt pass and kick champion - :cray:

Life was a thing that money could buy
The rich would live, and the poor would die,
I can't stand it-no!
I can't stand it!-no!

Here ya go:

Electricity out, mine's out
Cat's been out for days
Hear it hollering on the trees over the sky

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
. Kind of harsh on the fella..

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yea. Considering I know what I said to be a fact and not from a source.:blink:

Oh well, just throwing it out there.

I keep checking the Strong thread because of what's being posted in the Cliffs thread and it's like a war zone in there. This fanbase so needs the uniting influence that a Gruden-level hire would bring.

That's a stretch. Mostly ho hum people. Beef was pretty vocal about Fisher. There have not been too many extremely vocal about Strong. Some not so enthused. Probably most are not enthused after getting their hopes up for Gruden.

Truth be known, imo, if you want to know who really screwed the timing of this hire up. It was Dooley. All he had to do was beat either Missouri or Vanderbilt and we get into a lower level bowl game and CDD is fired after that. That gives all the time they need to finish negotiations with JG. Since he couldn't accomplish that feat, Hart had no choice to fire CDD for fear of bodily harm. Dooley screws us and laughs his way to the bank.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back