Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a little nervous when all roads lead back to Alabama/Saban. Sure it's (at the moment) a good program. I told one of my bama buddies that I'm not so sure Sal Sunseri wasn't still getting a check in the mail with Tuscaloosa as his return address!! (Tongue in cheek there for the humor impaired). I know.. these guys are professional and they try hard. Sort of like Bill Battle - who played for the Bear. He actually beat the Bear (once?) so that was good, but dang, I'd like to get some personell who don't have that crimson "taint" on them (unless of course it equates to sucess). Yes, jury is still out on Hart. Until he hits a home run, he's "tainted". I like Smart, but would rather not have the "taint".

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of Vol fans very disappointed when the new HC is announced. I question where were the big boosters on the previous Head coaching searches...I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same...time will tell
Most of the best coaches out there have said they are staying where they are.....Who will the Vols end up with.....the million dollar question

Reactions: 2 people
Truth be known, imo, if you want to know who really screwed the timing of this hire up. It was Dooley. All he had to do was beat either Missouri or Vanderbilt and we get into a lower level bowl game and CDD is fired after that. That gives all the time they need to finish negotiations with JG. Since he couldn't accomplish that feat, Hart had no choice to fire CDD for fear of bodily harm. Dooley screws us and laughs his way to the bank.

Imo, good opinion.:thumbsup:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison, FTW

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of Vol fans very disappointed when the new HC is announced. I question where were the big boosters on the previous Head coaching searches...I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same...time will tell
Most of the best coaches out there have said they are staying where they are.....Who will the Vols end up with.....the million dollar question

If we are lucky, millions and millions of dollars question.....

Reactions: 1 person
I know, but at some point it becomes funny, specifically how Y4B likes to come in, post 4 vague sentences, then fade away while people eat it up. I didnt turn on my sources, I figured out those that are FOS. I admitted I was listening to those that supported my opinions and dismissed those that didnt. By Friday 100% of the people I know close to things said it was done, over, and some even verified it was never as close as they thought. I do not consider myself an insider, but do hear things most people are not privy to from time to time. I shared those in this thread, and it was wrong, and I admit I have no credibility lol.

Like I said this was all a big hoopla started by mid level boosters, a guy from another forum, and a group of former players that all thought they knew more than they did. This is clear now, and I am ONLY calling out Y4B because he is FOS.

I will stop posting here when I am ready, and only post a few times a day now. I know people here, I like them, and they like me. If YOU do not like that ignore me or STFU.

Carter, you've fallen on the sword enough times my friend. No need to continue doing it over and over. You've been a stand up dude about your change of perception.

What bowl game is Gruden set to cover in December? And by him actually covering this game would it not make it official that he is NOT coaching in the NCAA this season? I heard coaches cannot participate in covering bowl season if they're coaching the following season.

anybody know? I'm trying to see if this would be a definitive deadline for our being able to hire Gruden

Strong is the name generating all the talk around campus and with people we have spoken with. But no one is saying it's done. Gundy and the sources close to him has been very quiet since yesterday.

From Hubbs

The first game I ever saw was in 1974. I didnt know anything about Tennessee football or football for that matter. I didnt even know who number 7 was. (Conredge Holloway) It was just meaningless to me until number 7 came running thru the T after he had been hurt. When he came thru that T and everyone in stadium roared and my dad told me to look, that Holloway was back.. It was electric. The hair stood up on th back of my neck. My blood has run orange ever since. I just want to have my Tennessee football back to where it belongs. I want a coach to help restore that pride and to love Tennessee football as much as i do. I still believe its Gruden that we will hire. If not then the coach we hire better not have his head up his ass like Dooley. Lord help Hart if he screws this up..

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back