Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody know? I'm trying to see if this would be a definitive deadline for our being able to hire Gruden

It would have to be one after the MNF season because they aren't going to put them at a bowl game during MNF. Also, for that crew to do it, it will be a relatively big game. If Gruden isn't hired by the end of MNF, then it doesn't matter. But, if we haven't hired a coach until December 22, then it must be him or "incompetency" cannot describe our AD well enough.

He is wearing an orange tie! :)

A8rQdhjCQAMGSnI.jpg:medium

Reactions: 4 people
I've been off work for 2 week's, got hooked on this, now have to go back tonight. Not sure if i'll be able to do my job???

Strong is the name generating all the talk around campus and with people we have spoken with. But no one is saying it's done. Gundy and the sources close to him has been very quiet since yesterday.

From Hubbs

Just don't see Gundy. He makes over $3 million, and we wouldn't offer that much more. Why make a move from your alma mater for just a few 100k more?

The first game I ever saw was in 1974. I didnt know anything about Tennessee football or football for that matter. I didnt even know who number 7 was. (Conredge Holloway) It was just meaningless to me until number 7 came running thru the T after he had been hurt. When he came thru that T and everyone in stadium roared and my dad told me to look, that Holloway was back.. It was electric. The hair stood up on th back of my neck. My blood has run orange ever since. I just want to have my Tennessee football back to where it belongs. I want a coach to help restore that pride and to love Tennessee football as much as i do. I still believe its Gruden that we will hire. If not then the coach we hire better not have his head up his ass like Dooley. Lord help Hart if he screws this up..

That Gave me chills!! I saw my first game the following year in 75'...all I remember was holding my fingers in my ears because of the noise.

On a side note...has anybody seen "Killing them Softly" yet? It is one of my choices this evening.

This post is an honest question and contains no cryptic meaning.

I don't think it's the buyout. I think it's the fact that Gruden makes 300k a game to call MNF. That's 1.2 million dollars he will be collecting in the next 18 days.

Do you think Gruden could leave ESPN before the end of the season without major ramifications? All the advertiser bought spots on MNF based on a definition of the show that included Gruden. Could the sponsors cancel their remaining spots based on breach of contract? If there is any truth to the Gruden saga, ESPN will determine when Gruden leaves.

Has the money been returned? (Serious question)

Problem with this whole money thing is the fact nobody can just check to see where it's out. I doubt Haslam or anyone else is going to leave an ATM receipt lying around for someone to find.

Those with serious amounts of money have pretty good ways of hiding it when they want to. And in the amounts that were rumored, I can flat guarantee you nobody knows where it's at except the person who approved the move and the accountant who took receipt. And Federal Law prohibits them from talking about it unless it's part of a criminal investigation, which this isn't.

Following the money in this case is not impossible, but you might have a better chance of catching a glimpse of Elvis playing poker with Santa Claus, the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot.

Oh, and Gruden 2013!

I can't wait to rub this in bfarter's face. Especially after the last couple of days.

I like Bcarter a lot and I would say...I agree with you, I hope you can.... I don't know that I agree with what you say but I hope we get Gruden

I believe Bcarter would say the same!

It would have to be one after the MNF season because they aren't going to put them at a bowl game during MNF. Also, for that crew to do it, it will be a relatively big game. If Gruden isn't hired by the end of MNF, then it doesn't matter. But, if we haven't hired a coach until December 22, then it must be him or "incompetency" cannot describe our AD well enough.

Saban wasn't hired at Bama till Jan.
I don't think it is ever too late to make a hire as long as it is a big name. Gruden wouldn't need very much time to recruit his 1st class. His name alone would change some peoples minds. Next season is going to be rough no matter who we have... sadly. Least we will have a chance of out coaching someone for a change!

Problem with this whole money thing is the fact nobody can just check to see where it's out. I doubt Haslam or anyone else is going to leave an ATM receipt lying around for someone to find.

Those with serious amounts of money have pretty good ways of hiding it when they want to. And in the amounts that were rumored, I can flat guarantee you nobody knows where it's at except the person who approved the move and the accountant who took receipt. And Federal Law prohibits them from talking about it unless it's part of a criminal investigation, which this isn't.

Following the money in this case is not impossible, but you might have a better chance of catching a glimpse of Elvis playing poker with Santa Claus, the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot.

Oh, and Gruden 2013!

I have that tapestry hanging in my living room... does that mean we get Gruden.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back