Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preventive Maintenance, silly wabbit!

:dunno:

:)

garfield-well-duh.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I think this could be a smoke screen. Think about it. We are being monitored by the super secret thread overlords. They have noticed the recent upswing in the positive attitude towards the possibility of Gruden still being a player. So what do they do? They push the smokescreen button and float the Charlie Strong rumors out. Bingo we're at the bottom of the roller coaster again.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley was like one of those rebound girls you let stay around a little bit too long after your hot girlfriend left you. You usually look
back and regret those. She was a nice girl though!

I have a full grude on right now!

Urban Meyer Timeline
December 4, 2000
Meyer takes HC job at Bowling Green

December 6, 2002
Meyer tells The Bowling Green Sentinel: "We are nowhere near what we can do here. That's what's driving me right now. Everybody's worried about those other places; nothing's going on."

"I was contacted by one, but I'm not interested. I love it here. We have a lot of work to do. That's the bottom line."

"With recruits, that's been for two years, even before we won. [They say,] 'that guy's not going to be there very long; that's silly ... The future is fantastic here ... I'm proud to be the football coach here. Once they get to know me, know my family, know how important it is to have continuity, my kids going to school somewhere."

"I think you all but guarantee that you are one of the top two, three teams in the league every year if you get that [new athletic facility] here. I feel so strong about the academics, about the community, the environment, about the people. It's the last piece; it's a significant piece."

December 11, 2002
Meyer leaves Bowling Green and takes HC job at Utah.

November 14, 2004
Meyer tells The New York Times "I'm chicken. It would be excruciating to leave. When I left Bowling Green, it was the worst three months.'"

November 15, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News: "I plan on coaching here for a long time."

November 17, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News "I plan on coaching at Utah next year. There's been no contact made. Period. It's almost comical. We're playing the biggest game in the history of the school and we're talking about that. That's nothing to do with nothing.

November 18, 2004
Shelley Meyer gives her employer 2-weeks notice

November 18, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News, "There's been no contact and I really don't anticipate any. I'm certainly not looking for a job. I love where I'm coaching."

November 18, 2004
Meyer tells a young boy on the Urban Meyer Coach's Show, "I plan on being the coach at the University of Utah next year."

November 30, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News (When asked about Florida) "All I keep saying is I plan on being the coach here at Utah."

December 3, 2004
Meyer leaves Utah and takes HC job at Florida

December 8, 2004
Meyer tells GatorSports.com "This is a place you can put your feet down for a long time. It's over [moving every 2 years]. I'm not doing this again."

October 1, 2009
Signs contract extension with Florida through 2014

December 26, 2009
Announces he will resign following the Gators' Sugar Bowl appearance on New Year's Day, citing health concerns and the desire to spend more time with his family.

December 27, 2009
Announces that it will only be a leave of absence

March 17, 2010
Ends his leave of absence and is back as HC of Florida

December 8, 2010
Announces for the 2nd year in a row that he will retire at the end of the season, for the same reasons he had cited a year before: health and family concerns.

January 31, 2011
Less than a month after coaching his final game at Florida, Urban Meyer takes a new job as analyst at ESPN.

November 22, 2011
Despite numerous reports of a 7 year $40 million deal, Meyer tells ESPN "I have not been offered any job."

November 27, 2011
Meyer leaves ESPN and takes HC job at Ohio State.

Holy cow. If that doesn't sound familiar..... taken from Cliffnotes.

If it's strong, I"M DONE! Do you think he would be on Alabama or a school like Texas list? No Way! Been a Vol fan for over 25 years, but I'm tired of mediocrity. No way he can compete with the likes of a Saban

Imo, racist.:nono:

j/k

If it's strong, I"M DONE! Do you think he would be on Alabama or a school like Texas list? No Way! Been a Vol fan for over 25 years, but I'm tired of mediocrity. No way he can compete with the likes of a Saban

I agree with this part for sure^

Reactions: 1 person
Urban Meyer Timeline
December 4, 2000
Meyer takes HC job at Bowling Green

December 6, 2002
Meyer tells The Bowling Green Sentinel: "We are nowhere near what we can do here. That's what's driving me right now. Everybody's worried about those other places; nothing's going on."

"I was contacted by one, but I'm not interested. I love it here. We have a lot of work to do. That's the bottom line."

"With recruits, that's been for two years, even before we won. [They say,] 'that guy's not going to be there very long; that's silly ... The future is fantastic here ... I'm proud to be the football coach here. Once they get to know me, know my family, know how important it is to have continuity, my kids going to school somewhere."

"I think you all but guarantee that you are one of the top two, three teams in the league every year if you get that [new athletic facility] here. I feel so strong about the academics, about the community, the environment, about the people. It's the last piece; it's a significant piece."

December 11, 2002
Meyer leaves Bowling Green and takes HC job at Utah.

November 14, 2004
Meyer tells The New York Times "I'm chicken. It would be excruciating to leave. When I left Bowling Green, it was the worst three months.'"

November 15, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News: "I plan on coaching here for a long time."

November 17, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News "I plan on coaching at Utah next year. There's been no contact made. Period. It's almost comical. We're playing the biggest game in the history of the school and we're talking about that. That's nothing to do with nothing.

November 18, 2004
Shelley Meyer gives her employer 2-weeks notice

November 18, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News, "There's been no contact and I really don't anticipate any. I'm certainly not looking for a job. I love where I'm coaching."

November 18, 2004
Meyer tells a young boy on the Urban Meyer Coach's Show, "I plan on being the coach at the University of Utah next year."

November 30, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News (When asked about Florida) "All I keep saying is I plan on being the coach here at Utah."

December 3, 2004
Meyer leaves Utah and takes HC job at Florida

December 8, 2004
Meyer tells GatorSports.com "This is a place you can put your feet down for a long time. It's over [moving every 2 years]. I'm not doing this again."

October 1, 2009
Signs contract extension with Florida through 2014

December 26, 2009
Announces he will resign following the Gators' Sugar Bowl appearance on New Year's Day, citing health concerns and the desire to spend more time with his family.

December 27, 2009
Announces that it will only be a leave of absence

March 17, 2010
Ends his leave of absence and is back as HC of Florida

December 8, 2010
Announces for the 2nd year in a row that he will retire at the end of the season, for the same reasons he had cited a year before: health and family concerns.

January 31, 2011
Less than a month after coaching his final game at Florida, Urban Meyer takes a new job as analyst at ESPN.

November 22, 2011
Despite numerous reports of a 7 year $40 million deal, Meyer tells ESPN "I have not been offered any job."

November 27, 2011
Meyer leaves ESPN and takes HC job at Ohio State.

Holy cow. If that doesn't sound familiar..... taken from Cliffnotes.

Too long. Did not read. But I get the point... Urban's a liar.

Is there a link or confirmation anywhere about the strong announcement?
Or is this just rumor?
If anyone has a link please post it>>>>the strong interview was inconclusive at best.

Last edited:
There was talk about a package of recruits coming w/ Strong if he is hired.

Who are these recruits and are they 2* or 3*?

(warning, Long) I will say this on Charlie Strong...anyone who says he sucks or thinks he can't coach because his team had a couple off games need to get back on the short bus, that was a 7-6 team last year. He just went 10-2 with a team full of freshmen and sophmores. His recruiting class looks bad this year because he only has 9 commits. His team only has 11 or 12 seniors leaving. Think about that for a second.

Recruiting class last year...33rd. Best in UL history I believe (I could be wrong, but petrinos best there was 35). He very much has a "rock star" quality to him on the recruiting trail. As Tennessee fans many of you seem to have short memories, there were many that cursed this man when he was at UF for how many recruits he locked down. For all of you that want a "fence" built around Tennessee, in roads in to GA and FL. A return to taking who you want from the carolinas. This is your best option not named Gruden.

Fisher is another Fulmer (not in a good Nat champ, hall of fame way)..does less with more as far a talent goes, is automatic to lose a game or 2 to someone who has no business beating his team. I get the ACC shoved down my throat living in NC. He is a good recruiter and an average HC.

Gundy is a good coach, I can't take anything away from him. Won't recruit as well as strong.

With the way our list seems to have shaped up..give me Strong all day.

Reactions: 2 people
Is there a link or confirmation anywhere about the strong announcement?
Or is this just grumor?
If anyone has a link please post it>>>>the strong interview was inconclusive at best.

grumors are only regarding gruden

this is a nightmare, and no, i dont think it has legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back