Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's strong, I"M DONE! Do you think he would be on Alabama or a school like Texas list? No Way! Been a Vol fan for over 25 years, but I'm tired of mediocrity. No way he can compete with the likes of a Saban

I love Tennessee football to ever say that, but if its true. Well lets just say im really, really, really sick

Reactions: 1 person
(warning, Long) I will say this on Charlie Strong...anyone who says he sucks or thinks he can't coach because his team had a couple off games need to get back on the short bus, that was a 7-6 team last year. He just went 10-2 with a team full of freshmen and sophmores. His recruiting class looks bad this year because he only has 9 commits. His team only has 11 or 12 seniors leaving. Think about that for a second.

Recruiting class last year...33rd. Best in UL history I believe (I could be wrong, but petrinos best there was 35). He very much has a "rock star" quality to him on the recruiting trail. As Tennessee fans many of you seem to have short memories, there were many that cursed this man when he was at UF for how many recruits he locked down. For all of you that want a "fence" built around Tennessee, in roads in to GA and FL. A return to taking who you want from the carolinas. This is your best option not named Gruden.

Fisher is another Fulmer (not in a good Nat champ, hall of fame way)..does less with more as far a talent goes, is automatic to lose a game or 2 to someone who has no business beating his team. I get the ACC shoved down my throat living in NC. He is a good recruiter and an average HC.

Gundy is a good coach, I can't take anything away from him. Won't recruit as well as strong.

With the way our list seems to have shaped up..give me Strong all day.

you forgot to mention.... Strong is NOT Gruden

(warning, Long) I will say this on Charlie Strong...anyone who says he sucks or thinks he can't coach because his team had a couple off games need to get back on the short bus, that was a 7-6 team last year. He just went 10-2 with a team full of freshmen and sophmores. His recruiting class looks bad this year because he only has 9 commits. His team only has 11 or 12 seniors leaving. Think about that for a second.

Recruiting class last year...33rd. Best in UL history I believe (I could be wrong, but petrinos best there was 35). He very much has a "rock star" quality to him on the recruiting trail. As Tennessee fans many of you seem to have short memories, there were many that cursed this man when he was at UF for how many recruits he locked down. For all of you that want a "fence" built around Tennessee, in roads in to GA and FL. A return to taking who you want from the carolinas. This is your best option not named Gruden.

Fisher is another Fulmer (not in a good Nat champ, hall of fame way)..does less with more as far a talent goes, is automatic to lose a game or 2 to someone who has no business beating his team. I get the ACC shoved down my throat living in NC. He is a good recruiter and an average HC.

Gundy is a good coach, I can't take anything away from him. Won't recruit as well as strong.

I won't argue about Strong's recruiting.

Show me a quality win from this year please. Even Dooley could coach an inherited Louisville team to 7-6 two years in a row in the big east.

I just believe our job is for a proven winner, not a "let's see if you can do it" guy

The problem is that the proven winners are few and far between and I'm not aware of any that are looking to jump ship now. We swung and missed on Gruden (or not depending on who you believe), Patterson might fall into that category but it doesn't seem he's interested, and I'm not completely sold on Petersen who more than likely won't leave.

I hope it's still Gruden just like everyone else. I've been full Grude since Gruden III. But if it's not, I think Strong is a great hire. The guy can recruit, and with the right staff I think we would be competitive in the SEC again quickly.

I'm still hoping this is more smokescreen, but I have to be realistic, too. Good thing is, we'll know one way or the other within a few days (as far as Strong is concerned)...I don't see this dragging out long if it's Strong.

I'm not saying that Strong isn't a good coach, but he isn't what UT needs right now..He was way down on my list..Didn't think it would come down to this again,hiring someone way down the list.

That's what it is, Arky realizes what you have to do and is close to signing Peterson, and UT chokes yet again and refuses to pay money for atop tier coach and straps us with another Jimmy Sexton coach to fill his pockets with money and I'm sure Hart will backload it witha huge buyout. Same old UT F it up approach. We are never going to get close to what we were.

I hope it's still Gruden just like everyone else. I've been full Grude since Gruden III. But if it's not, I think Strong is a great hire. The guy can recruit, and with the right staff I think we would be competitive in the SEC again quickly.

I'm still hoping this is more smokescreen, but I have to be realistic, too. Good thing is, we'll know one way or the other within a few days (as far as Strong is concerned)...I don't see this dragging out long if it's Strong.
That is where I am! :good!:

"Rockstar" in the Big East. Second/third tier in the SEC. Saban will eat him for lunch...EVERY YEAR!

Just because you are racist doesn't mean you cannot voice your opinion. Last time I woke up I was in America. Has something to do with that Bill of Rights thing those people signed a couple years ago.

I won't argue about Strong's recruiting.

Show me a quality win from this year please. Even Dooley could coach an inherited Louisville team to 7-6 two years in a row in the big east.

Wait till Florida gets done with them in the Sugar Bowl. Hire will not look good then. JMO

HA! That's funny, considering I'm a huge liberal. I think Strong is an excellent coach, I just don't think he has proven enough to get our job.

Thats what we said about Obama...jk....not really....:eek:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back