Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than the man .....Gruden is the idea!
The idea of ferocity, competitive spirit...of excellence.
that is what we need here at UT .....right now!

Strong no doubt is a good coach, and MAY be a great coach eventually. But we need someone to harness all this energy we see here on Volnation.

We need to be ignited...Strong's just not THAT hire!

This.

I think the best way to gauge the quality of the hire is to think about how many fans are at the Spring Game.

If it's Strong - 30k would be impressive.

If it's Gruden - a new highest capacity record is set.

Reactions: 1 person
Strong says he is coaching the Bowl Game. My ? is how does UT have Presser WED saying he is the Coach when he still is the coach and coaching at Louisville?

Reactions: 2 people
So you are saying liberals can't be racist?

Ohhh yes they can ... Can be stupid too see Nov 6th election results and yuuuuup we got the mike Shula/Dooley experiment in the ovel office...bunch of hype no results and in bad shape when it was over....

Strong says he is coaching the Bowl Game. My ? is how does UT have Presser WED saying he is the Coach when he still is the coach and coaching at Louisville?

And a great question it is...he would need to have his rear end on the recruiting trail before January.

It was a joke my friend. The

Again not mad, but extremely flustrated at this penny pinching approach coupled with a Jimmy Sexton rope a dope coach. Jimmy Sexton is out for himself, thats it not the best for UT. Gruden means an immediate upgrade in talent starting now, more revenue now, why Hart and others can't see this is beyond me. Am I simplifing things to much?? On the other hand if Gruden was playing us and never serious than put the same money up and go after the next top coach, don't drop to second tier.

Been sick for days. Whatever jayvol and some of the others had crawled trough my iPad. Looks like it has been busy in here. See strong has some of us worried. I just don't see it.

When you search for a coach with middle of the pack sec dollars you're gonna get a middle of the pack sec coach. It is simple as that. When bama hired Saban it was jaw dropping money for a college coach. If you are serious about a quick return to a championship level you have to spend draw dropping money for a coach. That's what will attract a big time hire. Tennessee can call me when they decide to get serious about football again. The formula is there. See Bama.

While everyone is discussing C Strong is our coach or not....

I am going to go back and hang out with Lamonte in Fantasy Land where all MY dreams come true. There is only one coach in my dreams and it is that crazy gif of Gruden opening the curtain behind Hart during the announcement.

Ahhhh... much better world in Fantasy Land... where every college in the country shuddered at the sound of Rocky Top... Much better in here.... even if it means I stay here for another 3, 5 or 10 years. I just want BOF back!

Reactions: 3 people
Another thread is saying gundy is a done deal? We gonna have more coache's than arky!!

He definitely is, but it's not happening. I'd love to be wrong but it's clear anyone posting on this board that had "inside" info on here has proven to be full of it. Strong is an excellent recruiter and has turned Louisville around (I know, I know in the big east). But the fact of the matter is he has won. That's more than we can say for Dooley. His track record is much, much better than Dooley's and to compare the two is absurd.

Why are you comparing him to one of the worst hires in the history of the SEC and UT? I couldn't care less if he has a better track record than Dooley.

The real question is can he recruit and coach on the level of Saban, Richt, Miles, Muschamp, Spurrier, etc... B/c if not, what does it matter that he's an upgrade from Dooley?

When you search for a coach with middle of the pack sec dollars you're gonna get a middle of the pack sec coach. It is simple as that. When bama hired Saban it was jaw dropping money for a college coach. If you are serious about a quick return to a championship level you have to spend draw dropping money for a coach. That's what will attract a big time hire. Tennessee can call me when they decide to get serious about football again. The formula is there. See Bama.

I will be shocked if this hire is middle of the pack money. 3mil plus is a certainty IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back