Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong $2.5 mill buyout, $3.5 mill staff (current amt paid by UT for football staff), $3.75 mill salary.

Total for Strong if the other is accurate is $9.75 mill. Could have had Gruden and his all-star staff for $10 - $12 mill!!!!

Bad bad deal. Bad all the way around if true!!

Reactions: 3 people
He makes 2.3. If we spend 3 mil plus that will put us in top third of league

Semantics here Bruin. Top third to me is still middle of the pack. I know you'll think I am crazy (many people do haha), I think they should break the bank on this hire. I would like to see them pay 6-7 mil on a coach. That way no one is off the table. Hell, you may entice Saban for that kind of money. That would compete with many NFL teams. It would pay for itself in the first couple of years. Place little to no buyout in the contract similar to Sabans deal at Bama. I really think it's a formula for success.

Does UT want to be that College, Really ? And Strong Gonna say ok boys go give it your all but I am leaving you guys for UT but I'll stay with ya in the Bowl game

I suspect he won't coach the game and I put no trust in anything he is saying to the media ATP but its certainly possible. In fact if I felt certainLouisville would play a close game I would be all for it. It would be good by its a risk if they get blown out.

Zook, Gruden, Steele. Someone typed a morse code with ZGS a while back...could it stand for Zook, Gruden and Steele? #cryptic

Honest question here. Everyone else believes that we are hiring a coach that has said publicly that he has not talked to Tennessee about the job, and a Coach that just signed a new contract last year? And we are the crazy ones?

Forward
~Gruden 2013~ The Reign of Chucky..

_VFL. G.B.O._
SOON!!!

This.

Strong denies: Media expresses disbelief
Gundy denies: Media expresses disbelief
Fisher denies: Media expresses disbelief
Golden denies: Media expresses disbelief
Fedora denies: Media expresses disbelief
virtually every other coach linked to the UT job denies: Media expresses disbelief

but,

Gruden denies: Media says absolutely he's not coming

How does that work, exactly? :blink: :blink:

Reactions: 6 people
This.

Strong denies: Media expresses disbelief
Gundy denies: Media expresses disbelief
Fisher denies: Media expresses disbelief
Golden denies: Media expresses disbelief
Fedora denies: Media expresses disbelief
virtually every other coach linked to the UT job denies: Media expresses disbelief

but,

Gruden denies: Media says absolutely he's not coming

How does that work, exactly? :blink: :blink:

Because we are Tennessee and we don't deserve a superstar coach.

Reactions: 1 person
We fired a coach who was a better recruiter than Strong ever has been. In the conference it is as much about recruiting as it is X's and O's

He definitely is, but it's not happening. I'd love to be wrong but it's clear anyone posting on this board that had "inside" info on here has proven to be full of it. Strong is an excellent recruiter and has turned Louisville around (I know, I know in the big east). But the fact of the matter is he has won. That's more than we can say for Dooley. His track record is much, much better than Dooley's and to compare the two is absurd.

Since 1998 they have had 2 losing seasons. The only coach they have had there since 1998 that has not been successful is Steve Kragthorpe. I'm sorry, but turning Louisville around in that conference is nothing like having to turn us around in the SEC. Maybe I'm wrong, but I cannot see the love affair with this guy. He went 7-5, 7-5, and 10-2 against very weak teams. His biggest wins have been against Cincinnati and West Virginia. Again, I just can't see him being better than mediocre in the SEC.

Strong says he is coaching the Bowl Game. My ? is how does UT have Presser WED saying he is the Coach when he still is the coach and coaching at Louisville?

It happened to UT when Dickey went to FLA, and we played THEM in the Bowl, if I remember correctly.

Here's my deal with all the strong love. I read on here today, can't remember where, could've been in recruiting forum. Anyway, he flipped a kid TODAY from ole miss. Now sit back and think about that. He flips a kid to commit TODAY, tells the kid he's gonna be at looy. Then accepts HC job at UT. Do we really want this kind of guy here??? Something is fishy here in ktown and I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back