Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, from what I'm hearing, everyone is wanting Strong for DC and Gundy for OC? Gruden should be happy with that.

I'm still hoping for Gruden, but if we are talking other candidates I would rather have Mora over Strong, Gundy, Fedora, and Smart.

Reactions: 3 people
Get the account set up elvis and get this posted in the paper asap tomorrow or later and its too late might name a coach after that

I don't really know anybody here so I think we need to draft one of the moderators (Volleygirl) to help us out and provide some legitimacy.

Yes Deployed National Guard. I am from Chattanooga.

vet10.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
MONEY talks....C'mon volnation lets raise up some big cash and get something big done now....waste no more time or years to up and coming coaches

Those are closer than A$m/ Louisville and South Carolina/ Louisville.

About the same difference each way. I do believe if strong was such a good recruiter he would have better classes. Franklin is doing it at vandy, yes vandy is in the sec but when he took that job they were a very good comparison to louisville.

There's other coaches that would listen for that kind of money.

Maybe but the usual suspects have turned us down before and I am not sure you want somebody here just because we paid more. Up routing your family with the motivation of only a paycheck may not be the best for the program.

More stalling:

Also from Hubbs about whether are not more interviews will take place

Quote:
Will get in full answer in a few mins. There is some scuttle tonight that there might be another interview to be done.

Could the other talks be with Gruden? If so, then

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
More stalling:

Also from Hubbs about whether are not more interviews will take place

Quote:
Will get in full answer in a few mins. There is some scuttle tonight that there might be another interview to be done.

Probably means he ran the Strong hire past his bosses and got "the look".

I just did a quick search to get an idea of what the cost might be for a paper of that size and saw $15k. Not front page - I don't think that ever happens. Anyway if someone in the Grudenite population was in the business (advertising) and could take the lead, I said I could match at least $500 of the costs.

Earliest we would be able to get in would be Thursday. For this would have $$ tomorrow. She said would have to get approval from ad director on the content. If you guys are serious she can run the proposed content by the ad director in the AM and then try to arrange the payment asap. Friday's paper would get more views but maybe late when it comes to us hiring a coach.

Watching game....ya know Jim Haslett would make a great Head Coach...I mean if we were not getting Gruden....

Does anyone else talk to their TV when MNF shows Chucky? I'm in the habit of beggin him to come lead us.

Get the account set up elvis and get this posted in the paper asap tomorrow or later and its too late might name a coach after that

I have no idea how this InterWeb works. Someone more savvy then me needs to set up the Kickstarter account

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back