Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FML if they announce anyone but Gruden tommorow, I will suck start a pistol.

Joking... But it will blow.

TAG is a bigtime Vols fan.

Of course he is ... only a fool would not be a
Vol fan ... and yes I said it. We stick with the team through the good and the bad. Gruden or no Gruden. GO VOLS! Still hoping for that miracle hire though.

Well first of all, you didn't say out recruit; you said those coaches would have top 10 classes at Louisville. Fact, Les Miles can recruit better at LSU than at Okie State. I wonder why?

With Strong recruiting in the SEC we will be looking at 9-14 rankings in recruiting year in year out in our conference. Those other coaches in this conference, guess what? they are really good X's and O's coaches. The hire does nothing to elevate us back in this conference.

Second, who would you suggest as a coach that can level the playing field? I am in this thread because I want Gruden, but I don't think it's happening. Peterson is not known to be a great recruiter; Patterson knows Texas; Fedora is unknown as a recruiter; Gundy is not a great recruiter. We aren't hiring Nick Saban. So who is it?

You go big or you go home, slice it dice it, do whatever but Strong is not going to get us where we want or need to be. The last thing I think of when I think Coach Strong Tennessee Vols is Champions. I don't see him being the one.

As far as names I like better than Strong and not named Gruden?

Shaw
Mora Jr
Both seem to be better coaches and for around the same amount of money. Are they interested? debatable.

Reactions: 3 people
Also if its anounced tommorow is there still a chance it could be Gruden even though theres still a few more Mn football gms left?

Tennessee conducting one final interview tonight in NYC, Jim Mora of UCLA. Tennessee previously interviewed Charlie Strong (in Indy on Fri.) and Mike Gundy (at his home on Sunday). Sources tell us Tennessee is expected make an announcement tomorrow out of that pool of 3.

-Wes Rucker

Wow if true! Huge drop off from Gruden, if we hire someone not Gruden I can't wait to get the scoop on what actually happened with the Gruden deal

mora = kiffin = wilcox All west coast guys, They get here its all good love the Orange then they get home sick .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back