Oregon coach describes UT as "unbelievable"

Yup. You don't win consistently at Central Michigan and Cincy if you can't put together a gameplan that works.

I trust these guys. We may get beat. But we'll have the right concept to beat them. If the execution is there, we'll be fine.

Two of our three starters that have been out on D are coming back this game. Smith is a senior and will not go out lightly because of a broken thumb and he's quick, then Maggitt being the best blitzing LB on the team, that makes a huge difference. Curt and Jac are ready, you better believe it.

Mere coach speak. He knows how bad we suck and that we are bottom dwellers in the world of college football. Can't possibly mean anything he said.Im sure he reads volnation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When cats post things like this I can't tell if they're trolling, or utterly delusional. There is no way in hell that anyone in the state of Oregon is shaking about playing a team they already shellacked in Neyland.

Since when are teams in college the same team 3 years later? Dd both programs not recruit after 2010?

The Volnation is sick....sick and emo I tell you.....if the volnation right now were my lawn, it would cut itself.

Reactions: 2 people
It's coach speak but it's certainly shows more class than Kiffin, Meyer or Spurrier would ever show. I doubt anyone in Eugene is shaking about a rebuilding Tennessee team. But I'm sure he's preaching to his team that we are to be taken seriously.

They probably see our linemen and defense as comparable talent wise to what Stanford has been bringing the past couple years. Tennessee has done nothing that would make any decent team fear them, but I damn sure wouldn't be taking the Vols lightly either.

Overall, as a program, yes we are unbelievable. Have we turned the corner this year to be a dominant team once again? That remains to be seen, but i think it's gonna be a great game whoever wins. UT has been in it's absolute worst years of it's programs history lately, but Oregon is at their very best. It's gonna be a great game either way the game goes. NEVER count UT out of any game. We know what it's like to win it all and win big.

The players we have now have never won big...I think Butch can change this...But not this quick!

Please remember that in the 2010 game our line wasn't as good either. We had a walk on center named Gooch in that game for crying out loud.

Reactions: 1 person
Please remember that in the 2010 game our line wasn't as good either. We had a walk on center named Gooch in that game for crying out loud.

The OL or DL wasnt as good. You better believe, win or lose, this UT team is gonna bring everything they've got and make us proud.

Not to mention Dooleys teams were mentally weak. Dooley had that loser mentality to go along with his lazy eye where you get down a few scores and you quit. I don't think Butch will let that happen. When Tennessee blew out cincy at neyland two years ago they were still playing hard in the 4th.

I agree it is coach speak.....but he seems like a good guy. And I will really pull for Oregon when they play Kiffin....that is if Kiffin is still the coach then.

Not to mention Dooleys teams were mentally weak. Dooley had that loser mentality to go along with his lazy eye where you get down a few scores and you quit. I don't think Butch will let that happen. When Tennessee blew out cincy at neyland two years ago they were still playing hard in the 4th.

The only difference is Butch has SEC talent now. Ive seen enough to believe he wont let the team quit no matter what, thats why i think this becomes a very close game either way.

And Dooley blamed it on the storm. It killed the momentum. Wow, I can't believe I once supported that guy.

Saban doesn't know Butch well, so he can't get to his head as easily. That's exactly why Saban about s*** his pants when Kiffin went in to Tuscaloosa and would've gotten the win if we had a kicker. Butch Jones is gonna give the players that same mentality.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing more than coach speak. Speak well of your opponent while scheming to their weaknesses to defeat them.

one of the reasons, i liked spurrier.

didn't throw compliments out to the opponents very often.

one of the reasons, i liked spurrier.

didn't throw compliments out to the opponents very often.

Spurrier loved pissing you off and proving there was nothing you could do about it on the field. Just made the momentum swings that much more drastic when something bad happened to you.

VN Store

Back