Oregon coach describes UT as "unbelievable"

My fear is that we probably won't get 7 turnovers in the next 4 games combined and we'll have to score offensively to win.

Reactions: 1 person
My fear is that we probably won't get 7 turnovers in the next 4 games combined and we'll have to score offensively to win.

If we don't get 7 turnovers combined in the next 4 games, ill sport a Bama avatar until the season ends. If we don't, you don't have to do a d*** thing, hows that?

They were a top 15 team then now they are number 2...we sucked with dooley and won 6 that year...pretty big expectations for a turn around..oh and that was a home game

What about the game in Tuscaloosa in 2009 after firing a HOF UT coach? Losing by 2 to the eventual national champs? A COACH WITH A WINNING ATTITUDE MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Kiffin is suffering from karma, that's why he's getting his a** kicked at USC.

It's coach speak but I don't think he looked at our 7 turnovers and thought "cupcake team" either.

Say what you will but our defense did some good against WKU. I'm not saying we'll win against Oregon or anything like that but I wouldn't say they are discounting us like Austin Peay either.

We certainly are capable of bringing them some pain on Saturday, we have the ability to score and we have the ability to exploit some of their weakness. We are young but we do have some talent.

All I'm looking for on Saturday is for us to put up a good fight, let Tennessee prove that we really are on the rise. I don't want to see us give up, let's give them a real game for 60 minutes.

Oregon is good but the highest ranked defense they faced last year was Stanford who was ranked 20. Also....they only scored 14 points that game and lost...just a random thot

Reactions: 2 people
All coaches tend to speak very highly of future opposing teams, but I'm sure he is letting his team know that this game will be a challenge. The vols are by far the best team we have faced so far in this early part of the season. He needs to get his guys pumped for a good game.

He saw the 5 turnovers in 6 plays and thought unbelievable. Then he thought either this defense is for real or its a fluke. Either way prepare like its for reals. ;)

Since when are teams in college the same team 3 years later? Dd both programs not recruit after 2010?

There's a big difference between respecting and preparing for an opponent and being frightened to play them. OP implied the latter.

Interesting read..The head duck realizes that the men in big orange are for real! I think we got em shaking in their feathers! Can't wait for this game to get here. Vols Butch!!!!
Oregon practice report: Ducks have best Monday of season in preparation for 'unbelievable' Vols | OregonLive.com

Coach speak. Flattery. Buttering up. Fattening for the slaughter. Courtesy cuddling. Talking up. Wink, wink moment. Tongue in the cheek comments. Just don't believe everything you read, pally.

It read like he thought we were a bunch of fat ba$t@rds. He said if you could combine Virginia's height with Tennessee's girth. Lol. Basically said you could put both our teams together and maybe give the Ducks some competition.

Interesting read..The head duck realizes that the men in big orange are for real! I think we got em shaking in their feathers! Can't wait for this game to get here. Vols Butch!!!!
Oregon practice report: Ducks have best Monday of season in preparation for 'unbelievable' Vols | OregonLive.com

Bless your little heart..you really believe that load of crap don't you? Let me tell you what UOs coach is really thinking...."If WKU can put 400 yards of offense on this team, we are gonna have 600" :) He is drooling over this game like a 400 pounder who didn't have breakfast, at a 6.59 Chinese lunch buffet...:) I know I would be if I was him, and had the weapons he does. :thumbsup:

Bless your little heart..you really believe that load of crap don't you? Let me tell you what UOs coach is really thinking...."If WKU can put 400 yards of offense on this team, we are gonna have 600" :) He is drooling over this game like a 400 pounder who didn't have breakfast, at a 6.59 Chinese lunch buffet...:) I know I would be if I was him, and had the weapons he does. :thumbsup:

They only put up that kind of yardage because of our lack of time of possession. Those stats are skewed due to our offense scoring in 2 minutes after a turnover or on those pick 6s. Our defense was on the field for TWENTY minutes in the first half. In that time WKU had 260 of those almost 400 yards. I'm not saying our defense is perfect but give credit where it's due man... Those 400 yards aren't the true tale of the game.

VN Store

Back