Oregon coach describes UT as "unbelievable"

Agree.....Against a WKU team that had some quality talent....CBJ and staff will prepare our team on both sides of the ball for every situation possible. This is something that I believe has not been done since 1998....will we win, if every thing clicks in and adrenalin gets pumping it is possible....the thing about it is that we have a chance that we did not have had in the past years.....because of coaching and prep...we should be competitive and the WKU game was a good prep game because we showed two halves of stamina that has been absent before....

We are in a win win situation.....a win by the Vols signifies we are headed back to the top.....a close game with a loss turns heads....a blow out and others will say Its just Oregon.
Ummm......no. Just simply....no. Love your optimism, but we're simply not there yet on any level. I'd do a happy dance for hours if it happened, but I'm preparing for a very...very long night.

Agree.....Against a WKU team that had some quality talent....CBJ and staff will prepare our team on both sides of the ball for every situation possible. This is something that I believe has not been done since 1998....will we win, if every thing clicks in and adrenalin gets pumping it is possible....the thing about it is that we have a chance that we did not have had in the past years.....because of coaching and prep...we should be competitive and the WKU game was a good prep game because we showed two halves of stamina that has been absent before....

We are in a win win situation.....a win by the Vols signifies we are headed back to the top.....a close game with a loss turns heads....a blow out and others will say Its just Oregon.

Please...enough. You seriously can't really believe this.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Speak it is as it's best. That is fine. We need to slow this game down as much as we can and take it to them! Is it Saturday yet?

You are right. This Oregon team is much better then the 2010 team.

Huh, huh you got me. Because they are the only one's who recruited players the last couple of years, right? Forget that they have a new coach who has coached exactly 2 games in his entire head coaching career.

Need to go back to the lab and work on your 'proving a point' skills.

Im gonna agree with this. Under Butch Jones, you wont see a UT team give up after being down at halftime if it plays out that way. We've got a great chance at getting the upset.

Because the team wasn't doing what u say the were doing last year. Drives me nuts that so many people are stuck in '11 and frankly didn't see '12 because they were to busy trying to get Gruden to UT. And were engulfed in that negativity for the majority of the season instead of seeing positives no matter how small.

The '12 Vols played teams all 4 qtrs up to the Vandy game. Which was an obvious why that went the way it did. Yes CBJ has blown fresh air into the team, but they will be able to play all 4 qtrs because they were built that way the last few yrs. He wasn't handed a team that doesn't know how to play hard and physically unable to hold their own til the final whistle. Actually things like this is what gives me some kind light of confidence for the future.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Head Games = Make your opponent think they are better than they are;they might not play as hard then.

Let's all hope our O Line can push em around and we can keep the ball out of their hands for long drives. If so, Vols should be able to keep it close at halftime.........
After that, you never know!!! GBO>

I just hope Mccullers is up for this challenge. He will be a key component if he can shed blocks and not get winded and have to come out. GBO

Interesting read..The head duck realizes that the men in big orange are for real! I think we got em shaking in their feathers! Can't wait for this game to get here. Vols Butch!!!!
Oregon practice report: Ducks have best Monday of season in preparation for 'unbelievable' Vols | OregonLive.com

The best part of the article is the comments, few though they may be. Win or lose, I hope those Vol fans who make the trip to Eugene show a lot of class while they open their home to us. No matter how our team does on the field, we fans have the power to win the respect and admiration of our opponents' fans.

And Dooley blamed it on the storm. It killed the momentum. Wow, I can't believe I once supported that guy.

The storm did kill the momentum. I was there. Maybe if you had ever played a sport you would understand. It was 13-3 and tennessee had all the momentum before the delay.

Saban doesn't know Butch well, so he can't get to his head as easily. That's exactly why Saban about s*** his pants when Kiffin went in to Tuscaloosa and would've gotten the win if we had a kicker. Butch Jones is gonna give the players that same mentality.

Agree 100%

Hello Vol fans! Just signed up to see what is being said by Tennessee fans, and to chat about the game. I'm really excited for this one. People might be predicting a lopsided game, but it doesn't matter. This will be a college football weekend of the finest order. It's no small event when an SEC team makes the trip out west, or a Pac team makes the trip out east. Props to both sides for making this home-and-home a realty (unlike aTm, KSU, and Georgia backing out of games with us). Gotta respect you, Alabama, and LSU for always scheduling fun OOC games. It's what makes college football great.

I'm further excited because Tennessee was always my favorite SEC team. Gotta love the visuals of Neyland stadium on gameday! And I'm a huge Peyton Mannin supporter. So that's an easy connection.

If that weren't enough, we share the ever-powerful disdain for one Lane Kiffen. I thought his departure from your program - how it all went down - was chicken ****. But look at the bright side: Lane Kiffen could still be your coach...and he's not. So cheers to that. I think you've found a good one in Butch Jones. It won't take much to get you guys back on the top, that's for sure.

A lot of my Duck friends made the trip to Tennessee for the game in 2010 and every Duck I have spoken to about the game has said that it was a great trip. They loved Knoxville, Neyland, and the Vol fans. I hope those of you traveling to Eugene experience the same hospitality. Autzen is truly a fantastic sporting venue, and a great experience. I've been to sporting events all over the world, and nothing I've experienced compares to the Autzen insanity. When it's a big game, that place can be frightening. Too bad school won't be in session. I feel like that might impact the crowd noise, as students are the loudest (see: drunkest) and most of them are still home for the summer. All the same, I wish you the best, a fun trip, a happy viewing experience, and good sportsmanship. We're always honored to host teams like Tennessee.

As far as the game goes, I have my weekly mixed feelings. Part 1: We win big, as usual. Part 2: We're going to lose big - panic!!!!! That leaves me somewhere in the middle. What I do know is that chasing DeAnthony, Mariota, Lyerla, and Huff for 4 quarters will prepare you for games against Georgia and Florida. And conversely, I know that getting rocked by your beast O-Line and explosive D-line should prepare us for a huge contest against a powerful Stanford team.

I look forward to chatting about your team.

Reactions: 4 people
Hope we can watch a little "Duck Dynasty" Saturday Night and be "Happy, Happy, Happy"!
GO VOLS!

Our boys are in for a big challenge saturday. As long as we give a 100% like we have been doing ill be proud of our Vols. Nobody expects us to go in and win. It would be so sweet to pull it off. I really like the direction Butch has our team headed. E e just need to hang on for the ride. GO VOLS!

Same cast of characters.... last week agreeing with Jones that WKU was world beaters and this week claiming that Oregon's coach really couldn't have any real respect for the Vols.

Honestly, you guys are pathetic trying so hard to be negative.

Reactions: 1 person
Same cast of characters.... last week agreeing with Jones that WKU was world beaters and this week claiming that Oregon's coach really couldn't have any real respect for the Vols.

Honestly, you guys are pathetic trying so hard to be negative.

Not much that was "unbelievable" to see here....... you sound like a sunshine pumper IMO, no way he respects this team.....:crazy:

ty42.gif

mo0x.gif

running01eakob.gif

interception5a5jruh.gif

damac1ibu1i.gif

discipline6tsq9.gif

interception6b2uunn.gif

damac2a90klb.gif

turnoverlast1c6j0e.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Huh, huh you got me. Because they are the only one's who recruited players the last couple of years, right? Forget that they have a new coach who has coached exactly 2 games in his entire head coaching career.

Need to go back to the lab and work on your 'proving a point' skills.

Oregon will prove it for him on Saturday. Just wait.

Not much that was "unbelievable" to see here....... you sound like a sunshine pumper IMO, no way he respects this team.....

The one of the O-line sitting like statues through the whole D offsides play is my favorite. THAT is dicipline.

Reactions: 3 people
He was playing nice.

I'm not one for moral victories, but even in the high probability of a loss, there's plenty of 'feel good' potential in this matchup.

Excluding last year's opener in Atlanta, Tennessee has not won a football game outside of Neyland Stadium since 2010.

During that time, the team dealt poorly with adversity. When the going got tough, the Vols typically slid outta way as the tough rolled on by.

And In all likelihood, things will go bad at some point on Saturday. On the road, against teams like Oregon, they typically do. Gotta learn to embrace the hostile environment. Maintain composure and stay in the game. Make the Ducks beat you; don't beat yourself for them. If the Vols can manage all that, this can be something on which the young guys can build for the future.

Likely the most prominent trademark from the Dooley era was the overt lack of discipline. Butch and staff have gone a long way in terms of changing that, but Oregon's offense especially will put that change to the test. The defensive guys have got to play primarily smart, disciplined, assignment football or they'll be grabbing air and reading Thomas off the back of #6's jersey all game long. Oregon's speed magnifies those bad angles and over-pursuits.

Finally, If the Ducks are anything, it's relentless. They go and go and go. You just have to play them for 60 minutes. It seems elementary, but UT has a recent history of letting things get away from it in the second half.

So can the Vols play an entire game, of well-disciplined football, on the road in one of the most hostile environments in the country? Yes, I think they can.

Now can they do all that and still lose?
Oh yeah. Most definitely.

But honestly, I'm alright with that.

VN Store

Back