Oregon player comments

Well when the ducks actually play a hard schedule year after year after year and win you will have done something. Until then smack talk should not be coming from your mouth. It is easy to play a SEC team that is down and talk smack but the reason you dont get invited to play for the big game each year you have won all these games is the powder puff schedule. It would be like High School playing the JV schedule all the time you would easily win week in and week out. And to think we will be bothered by this so called "loud stadium" do you realize we play in these type stadiums week in and week out and our home field is 100,000 strong and very loud...

Uhhhhh, the reason we don't get invited to the big game has nothing to do with our schedule. It has to do with beat us and when. We lost to #5 Stanford last year in double overtime by missing a field goal. It was at the end of the season. Alabama made the title game because A) they were really good, B) they won their league, and C) their only loss came much earlier in the season, which gave them time to make up for it. And Notre Dame made the title because they won all their games. It's not like Oregon wasn't in the title game last year because people conspired against us. If we had beaten Stanford, we would have been in.

Playing the JV schedule? Again, you can't talk crap about schedules. There's too much luck and randomness in drawing opponents. Until everyone plays the same number of games against the same number of conference foes, scheduling doesn't mean crap. Yeah, YOUR schedule is insane. But look at some of the other schedules in the SEC. A few of those teams lucked into an easy breezy cover girl lineup.

And the PAC-12 is damn hard to run the table in. You can have a stretch of playing @Stanford, UCLA, @Oregon, and @ASU. I don't care what team we're talking about or how hard your league is, if you draw that stretch of games with no bye week this year, any team would be dropping a game the vast, vast, vast majority of the time. That's not easy. It's 3 away games, 2 power offenses and 2 spread offenses with only 6 days to prepare, it's weather ranging from 100 degrees and sunny to 50 degrees and rainy, and it's a ton of miles to travel. Not to mention, we have to play 9 quality opponents from our conference whereas you all get to play 8 and schedule a late season game with some community college. Not talking ****. Believe me, I would love it if Oregon could do that. We wouldn't have lost to Stanford for example, and we'd be in the title very damn year. Until we're all scheduling the same way, you simply can't argue about scheduling and who has a harder time. Tennessee has the hardest damn schedule in the country. It doesn't mean everyone in the SEC does. aTm is a joke. So it's apples and oranges.

All I'm saying is that some teams across the country, like the SEC, draw ridiculous schedules. Other teams across the country, like the SEC, draw wildly fortunate schedules.

And we don't just want to play a down SEC team. Even though most of Duck fans don't think that you're down and won't talk smack and will tip our caps to your program no matter the outcome. Oregon LOVES playing big games. We had both aTm and Georgia for home-and-home games in the very near future. That would have been a ton of fun. As much fun as playing the home-and-home with you guys. And guess what? Both of aTm and Georgia called us and cancelled. They decided to resemble a certain female reproductive organ. Not our fault. We tried.

And our stadium is loud as ****. Honestly. I know you guys have big stadiums and get those places rocking (love going to games in the south), but trust me: our place deafens. It's apparent you don't know this, but number of people means nothing to noise level. Some of your teams play in front of big crowds. Great. If they're not into the game, and if the stadium construction isn't built to aggrandize the sound intensity, then it doesn't matter. Michigan plays in the biggest damn stadium in American sports. They held a record crowd last week. Yet the 115,000 sound like a collective cat meow. Oregon may only pack 64,000, but the way the stadium is built, and the way the fans never stop screaming, it's LOUD. And it's HOSTILE. And it's really fun. I know whoever makes that trip out there from your country will have a great time. Just as the Ducks who made it out to Neyland loved their time there.

He was listed at 293 last year as well and they didn't update his weight. Carson York, an OG from last year's team that hosts a show called "Talkn' Ducks" said he's 305. I don't blame you for not knowing that. There are other that didn't flip over from last year either.

Yea I'm sure its just normal protocol to not update rosters year to year... :loco:

This doesn't make me mad at all. A lot of teams outside of the SEC get disrespected. They probably get as tired of hearing it as much as we get tired of hearing about how great Bama is. If we win this game, then I will bring this back up. But until then I'll smile and nod with the knowledge of.....SOON.

Playing a game against an SEC team isn't that scary. Playing in the SEC all year is what is scary. I'd like to see Oregon join the league see how they do over an entire season.

This doesn't make me mad at all. A lot of teams outside of the SEC get disrespected. They probably get as tired of hearing it as much as we get tired of hearing about how great Bama is. If we win this game, then I will bring this back up. But until then I'll smile and nod with the knowledge of.....SOON.

Haha brilliant.

Playing a game against an SEC team isn't that scary. Playing in the SEC all year is what is scary. I'd like to see Oregon join the league see how they do over an entire season.

Again, scheduling effects this argument. If Oregon had your schedule, they would drop a couple. Like pretty much anyone would. Even Bama would lose a game or two with that schedule. It's a nightmare. If Oregon had Bama's schedule, they would probably coast.

The SEC produces one team that is clearly the best in the country, usually Bama or LSU. And then one more team that is really really good, usually a South Carolina or a Georgia. So it must be nice that the rest of the league gets to use the crazy success of LSU and Bama as a reason why they're also elite.

I'm just glad that Tennessee has the balls to take a home-and-home with Oregon. It makes for a really fun college football experience. Believe me, Oregon wants to play more of your teams. We scheduled a home-and-home with Georgia and aTm. Both of them cancelled. Whatever. We'll know more about the true validity of teams when a playoff system is implemented and we don't have to deal with this stupid mythical championship game that makes teams rely on popularity contests and media love just to be invited. Get rid of the long layover and let the teams square off in a playoff. It'll be a truer test for declaring the best team at the end of the year. And it'll be way more fun to watch. May the injury gods be with us on Saturday, and may we jointly watch Lane Kiffen melt into obscurity.

Reactions: 1 person
I love that they are confident...

I hope every player on Oregon's team has the same attitude as this young man, and are not taking this game very seriously.

This is one of those no-win situations for both teams.

Oregon wins, and people will say they should have won. No big deal. Everyone says that Oregon wouldn't make it in the SEC. Yet, they've beaten Tennessee and Mississippi State twice in the last decade. They lost to Auburn and LSU, but so did everyone else those years because those teams were really talented and championship caliber. So what is it? Oregon wouldn't make it in the SEC. Yet we beat a few SEC teams and people say, "Well those wins don't count because those teams aren't any good."

Tennessee wins and they have to put together a really good season for it to mean anything. If they lose to Florida, Georgia, and eUSC after beating the Ducks, people will say, "Well it was a fluke - an aberration." It'll be considered an upset because that's what an upset is: a team that really shouldn't have won, wins.

It sucks. The way I see it, these are two good teams, especially Oregon being ranked #2, and the win should mean something no matter what happens. Tennessee is good. I think the 27.5 spread is crazy. No matter who wins, it should be considered an impressive accomplishment.

We are not good...not yet. Do you not understand that our beloved Vols have been eviscerated by our leadership for the last 10-12 years? Our Vols, along with Florida, in the 90s were responsible for lifting the SEC to the position it holds today, whether these stupid teenagers who grow up thinking the world started when they were born knows it or not. If our once hall of fame worthy former head coach had stayed on top of his game, we would be the ones fixin ta stomp a large mudhole in your team, but alas it is not so. Check back in a few years when the historical order has been reestablished, and we have retaken our rightful place among the college football elite. :hi:

So it must be nice that the rest of the league gets to use the crazy success of LSU and Bama as a reason why they're also elite.

Since the BCS began 15 years ago Tenn, Bama, LSU, Fl, and Auburn all have BCS titles. The SEC has won the MNC 9 out of 15 years with 5 different SEC teams. Three of those teams have repeated. The confrence speaks for itself. Nobody only brings up LSU and Bama when talking about the success of the confrence. I mean historically LSU isn't even in the top three SEC times in all time wins or champonships.

Edit: Just to make it clear. I do not and will never ride Bama's coat tail. I hate them, I hate their coach, I hate their players, and most of all I hate their fans. I root againest them in every single game. If I had my way all their champonships would be removed, even at the cost of the SEC's reputation.

Last edited:
Uhhhhh, the reason we don't get invited to the big game has nothing to do with our schedule. It has to do with beat us and when. We lost to #5 Stanford last year in double overtime by missing a field goal. It was at the end of the season. Alabama made the title game because A) they were really good, B) they won their league, and C) their only loss came much earlier in the season, which gave them time to make up for it. And Notre Dame made the title because they won all their games. It's not like Oregon wasn't in the title game last year because people conspired against us. If we had beaten Stanford, we would have been in.

Playing the JV schedule? Again, you can't talk crap about schedules. There's too much luck and randomness in drawing opponents. Until everyone plays the same number of games against the same number of conference foes, scheduling doesn't mean crap. Yeah, YOUR schedule is insane. But look at some of the other schedules in the SEC. A few of those teams lucked into an easy breezy cover girl lineup.

And the PAC-12 is damn hard to run the table in. You can have a stretch of playing @Stanford, UCLA, @Oregon, and @ASU. I don't care what team we're talking about or how hard your league is, if you draw that stretch of games with no bye week this year, any team would be dropping a game the vast, vast, vast majority of the time. That's not easy. It's 3 away games, 2 power offenses and 2 spread offenses with only 6 days to prepare, it's weather ranging from 100 degrees and sunny to 50 degrees and rainy, and it's a ton of miles to travel. Not to mention, we have to play 9 quality opponents from our conference whereas you all get to play 8 and schedule a late season game with some community college. Not talking ****. Believe me, I would love it if Oregon could do that. We wouldn't have lost to Stanford for example, and we'd be in the title very damn year. Until we're all scheduling the same way, you simply can't argue about scheduling and who has a harder time. Tennessee has the hardest damn schedule in the country. It doesn't mean everyone in the SEC does. aTm is a joke. So it's apples and oranges.

All I'm saying is that some teams across the country, like the SEC, draw ridiculous schedules. Other teams across the country, like the SEC, draw wildly fortunate schedules.

And we don't just want to play a down SEC team. Even though most of Duck fans don't think that you're down and won't talk smack and will tip our caps to your program no matter the outcome. Oregon LOVES playing big games. We had both aTm and Georgia for home-and-home games in the very near future. That would have been a ton of fun. As much fun as playing the home-and-home with you guys. And guess what? Both of aTm and Georgia called us and cancelled. They decided to resemble a certain female reproductive organ. Not our fault. We tried.

And our stadium is loud as ****. Honestly. I know you guys have big stadiums and get those places rocking (love going to games in the south), but trust me: our place deafens. It's apparent you don't know this, but number of people means nothing to noise level. Some of your teams play in front of big crowds. Great. If they're not into the game, and if the stadium construction isn't built to aggrandize the sound intensity, then it doesn't matter. Michigan plays in the biggest damn stadium in American sports. They held a record crowd last week. Yet the 115,000 sound like a collective cat meow. Oregon may only pack 64,000, but the way the stadium is built, and the way the fans never stop screaming, it's LOUD. And it's HOSTILE. And it's really fun. I know whoever makes that trip out there from your country will have a great time. Just as the Ducks who made it out to Neyland loved their time there.

Don't sweat all this talk Duckit. I truly believe the gauntlet you have to run as an SEC East team is the toughest in the nation. That being said you make an excellent point about the varied offenses that need to be prepped for each week. I've never been to Autzen but I've heard for years that it is insane. SEC stadiums are phenominal and I've been to most of them. It does not mean that other stadiums don't have equal passion though. I can tell you that Clemson can get that stadium out of control and there are times that Neyland is a freaking morgue.

Bottom line is that ALL college football is unbelievable. I was fortunate enough to play at a I-AA school and believe me when we were playing our rival teams or in the playoffs the atmosphere was electric. Good luck this weekend. I hope we can come in there and win, but if we can't (which is likely) I hope you know we were there and feel fortunate you were able to pull it out. In a few years we will be back. Our new coach is the real deal. :peace2:

Reactions: 1 person
Again, scheduling effects this argument. If Oregon had your schedule, they would drop a couple. Like pretty much anyone would. Even Bama would lose a game or two with that schedule. It's a nightmare. If Oregon had Bama's schedule, they would probably coast.

The SEC produces one team that is clearly the best in the country, usually Bama or LSU. And then one more team that is really really good, usually a South Carolina or a Georgia. So it must be nice that the rest of the league gets to use the crazy success of LSU and Bama as a reason why they're also elite.

I'm just glad that Tennessee has the balls to take a home-and-home with Oregon. It makes for a really fun college football experience. Believe me, Oregon wants to play more of your teams. We scheduled a home-and-home with Georgia and aTm. Both of them cancelled. Whatever. We'll know more about the true validity of teams when a playoff system is implemented and we don't have to deal with this stupid mythical championship game that makes teams rely on popularity contests and media love just to be invited. Get rid of the long layover and let the teams square off in a playoff. It'll be a truer test for declaring the best team at the end of the year. And it'll be way more fun to watch. May the injury gods be with us on Saturday, and may we jointly watch Lane Kiffen melt into obscurity.

No doubt Oregon has one of the best programs in the country--BAR NONE! I am in awe of their speed and ability to score from anywhere on the field when they get just a sliver of a hole to run through.

However, if you think that Oregon would coast through the SEC on Bama's schedule--No sir...I don't buy it. Bama has a pretty easy schedule this year for BAMA--but don't think that it would translate into easy for other teams.

You've beaten Miss. State and Tennessee--MSU is a perennial also-ran in the SEC, but they play a physical style of FB, but have always SUCKED on the offensive side. We are in the worst stretch of our program in the HISTORY of our program!!!

When Oregon has played the top level of talent in the SEC--you've LOST, plain and simple. And the reason is that your speed was no match for the SEC caliber of LINEMAN on both sides of the ball FOR FOUR QUARTERS OF ONE FOOTBALL GAME. Now, multiply that by playing several SEC teams back to back and you would probably be looking at 2 losses each year at least.

You say that the SEC only produces one quality team each year, but that's simply not true. There are several quality teams in the SEC, but playing multiple SEC games against quality talent is hard to endure--especially when you have the schedule in October we've had the last 3 years. And that's what it means to play in the SEC.

There's a reason a SEC team has won 9 of the 15 BCS championships, just like there's a reason the SEC wins more bowl game than any other conference consistently from year to year.

Finally--you might beat the pants off of us this year--but if you played aTm at College Station and then had to play Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, and Miss. State, and Auburn in the last 7 weeks of your season--well--that would probably result in at least 1 loss if not 2.

You guys can talk smack all you want about the SEC until you have to play in the SEC and get hit in the mouth each and every week. You need to stay in the PAC-12. You know, there's a reason Bobby Bowden decided to put Fl. State in the ACC instead of the SEC! :salute:

Reactions: 3 people
I love when teams that have ZERO championships talk sh** about the Sec.

I know we won the first BCS NC in 1998, so we kind of have ours. I get it. But generally, it's not cool at all to try to make ourselves seem better by glomming onto the success of our hated rivals. Bama, Auburn, Florida and LSU have been good recently, but we have not. It sucks, but it is what it is. So, let's not go beating our chests about the SEC until we beat somebody.

No doubt Oregon has one of the best programs in the country--BAR NONE! I am in awe of their speed and ability to score from anywhere on the field when they get just a sliver of a hole to run through.

However, if you think that Oregon would coast through the SEC on Bama's schedule--No sir...I don't buy it. Bama has a pretty easy schedule this year for BAMA--but don't think that it would translate into easy for other teams.

You've beaten Miss. State and Tennessee--MSU is a perennial also-ran in the SEC, but they play a physical style of FB, but have always SUCKED on the offensive side. We are in the worst stretch of our program in the HISTORY of our program!!!

When Oregon has played the top level of talent in the SEC--you've LOST, plain and simple. And the reason is that your speed was no match for the SEC caliber of LINEMAN on both sides of the ball FOR FOUR QUARTERS OF ONE FOOTBALL GAME. Now, multiply that by playing several SEC teams back to back and you would probably be looking at 2 losses each year at least.

You say that the SEC only produces one quality team each year, but that's simply not true. There are several quality teams in the SEC, but playing multiple SEC games against quality talent is hard to endure--especially when you have the schedule in October we've had the last 3 years. And that's what it means to play in the SEC.

There's a reason a SEC team has won 9 of the 15 BCS championships, just like there's a reason the SEC wins more bowl game than any other conference consistently from year to year.

Finally--you might beat the pants off of us this year--but if you played aTm at College Station and then had to play Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, and Miss. State, and Auburn in the last 7 weeks of your season--well--that would probably result in at least 1 loss if not 2.

You guys can talk smack all you want about the SEC until you have to play in the SEC and get hit in the mouth each and every week. You need to stay in the PAC-12. You know, there's a reason Bobby Bowden decided to put Fl. State in the ACC instead of the SEC! :salute:

I didn't say only one quality team. No way. You have several quality teams. But 1-2 elite teams.

As far as losing to the best in the conference? Again, the preparation time before games favors a defensive team and not an offensive team. With a month to prepare, I would take Bama 7/10 times against Oregon. With 6 days to prepare? I would take Oregon 6/4 times. The offense simply poses too many problems to account for everything in a week. That's why an average team in aTm - a team that Oregon would wallop - beat Bama. If Saban prepare for aTm for a few weeks, they stand no chance, because layover and preparation always benefits the defensive teams. With 6 days to prepare for Oregon week in and week out, I think Oregon would cause all kinds of problems for any team. Would we win every game every year? No way. Would we do well? Hell yeah.

What you tryin to say bro?!?

Huh?

You want to take this outside??

Huh?

The only acceptable venue for a brawl is a Waffle House. Please provide time , date and I-40 exit number of said Waffle House.:)

It's a VN tradition!

I love when teams that have ZERO championships talk sh** about the Sec.

Yep and I'm impressed they can spell SEC! When we stomp a mudhole in that ARSE tomorrow, as payback, they will not be making dumb@$$ statements anymore!

28 pt underdog is downright shameful and I hope and pray our team understands how much they are being disrespected!

:spank:

Tennesseeduke!

I didn't say only one quality team. No way. You have several quality teams. But 1-2 elite teams.

As far as losing to the best in the conference? Again, the preparation time before games favors a defensive team and not an offensive team. With a month to prepare, I would take Bama 7/10 times against Oregon. With 6 days to prepare? I would take Oregon 6/4 times. The offense simply poses too many problems to account for everything in a week. That's why an average team in aTm - a team that Oregon would wallop - beat Bama. If Saban prepare for aTm for a few weeks, they stand no chance, because layover and preparation always benefits the defensive teams. With 6 days to prepare for Oregon week in and week out, I think Oregon would cause all kinds of problems for any team. Would we win every game every year? No way. Would we do well? Hell yeah.

Duckit I hate to tell you but there is defense in the SEC. Especially along the defensive lines and speed at linebackers, everywhere, every team. That offense speed crap works for a few weeks here but the players and coaches are too good and would stop it! Your team in this league would be an 8-9 win team playing our schedule. Our schedule doesn't get tough till next week when we play Florida on the road.

:good!:

Tennesseeduke

Duckit I hate to tell you but there is defense in the SEC. Especially along the defensive lines and speed at linebackers, everywhere, every team. That offense speed crap works for a few weeks here but the players and coaches are too good and would stop it! Your team in this league would be an 8-9 win team playing our schedule. Our schedule doesn't get tough till next week when we play Florida on the road.

Tennesseeduke

The talent around the Pac in the front sevens is great at the moment.

I'm not gonna lie. I hate it when UT fans talk about the SEC. Who gives a #$^#$ about how many national titles our conference has? If UT isn't winning them it might as well be Utah State winning them.

Exactly. It's like Kentucky bragging about the same thing

Tennesseeduke

Sure, 8-9 wins most years, but with potential 10-12 win seasons on good/lucky years.

And defense all over the place? Currently lacking any kind of defense: Georgia, aTm, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee. Can't speak for the Mississippi schools currently, though I know Old Miss is going to be a force in 2-3 years. And Oregon has an NFL-body front of their own. What you're failing to realize is that we wouldn't just come there with a good offense; we'd also bring a good offense, which would help us compete every week instead of just rogue matchups with your conference's best team.

And back to 8-9 wins - fine. So you admit that Oregon in the SEC would be better than Tennessee in the SEC despite talking about how hard it would be for us.

I'm not here to argue conferences. You guys always bring it up and there's seriously no way to predict how Oregon or Clemson or Ohio State would do playing there week in and week out. None. And LSU fans and Alabama fans almost never say "You'd suck in our conference." It's always fans of the other schools - the ones mired in 7 win seasons.

I'm not an SEC hater. I like the SEC. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here talking cordially about our teams. I'd be here saying, "**** your team and conference." But I'm not. Because it's stupid and sophomoric. I'm just saying that Oregon has a team comprised of talent and coaching that would make them a very intriguing watch in a conference like yours. I hope we play SEC teams more in the future. Now if we can just get teams like Georgia and aTM to not cancel home-and-homes with us. Thanks and big props to your team. In really happy that we got to play each other twice. That's what college football is all about - cultural exchange and competition. Good luck to you all Saturday.

VN Store

Back