Our most embarrassing loss ever.

They should have thrown so much money at Wilcox that he couldn't leave. With Wilcox last year would have been a ten win season,and all the idiots who constantly hate on bray would be talking about how great he was. Sal Sunseri killed our turn around,and now butch is literally rebuilding from the ground up.
Problem is Wilcox saw the writing on the wall and the fact Dooley was an ass to work for..

I think the Memphis loss in the 90s would have to be one of them. That team had most of the players that won a NC a few years later and we had a QB by the name of Manning.

I think the Memphis loss in the 90s would have to be one of them. That team had most of the players that won a NC a few years later and we had a QB by the name of Manning.

Yep. But only us old folks remember that one. :)

was todays score really a surprise?
it was obvious before the game that we did not have the horses to run with Phil Knight University.
unfortunately, there will be more wood-shed beatings for this team this year...hope BJ can keeps recruits from flipping once the shard hits the fan.
it will take 2 recruiting classes to fill the gaps.

Man I never imagined the day that I would be ashamed of the effort and heart of the TN program. Players are just giving up. I understand getting beat but when our players give up like they are doing it makes me sick. No pride on this team
Sorry, got to disagree. This team is out classed in all phases. Effort is there. We simply have no upper tier talent on this team.

Sit back everyone, this season an probably the next are going to be long ones...

Nuff said.

Either you are young, or senile. The Memphis State loss with Peyton, Wyoming at homecoming, Kentucky and Vanderbilt, etc., etc.,

There is little to be embarrassed about when you lose to a superior team. We lost badly, and we are badly over matched talent wise. There were reasons the preceding coaches were fired. Poor coaching and recruiting. 10 years of decline and neglect/gross malfeasance are not erased quickly and we are what we are.

I am not embarrassed except that we did not tend to our team over the last 10 years. The Vols did not quit today. Neither will I quit in my support for this team.

Reactions: 3 people
Those that are saying UK in 2011 as the worst loss in UT history need to look at the circumstances around the game.Yes, UT was playing for a bowl game in '11. Whoop-de-freakin-doo!

This loss was early in the season when UT was undefeated and many on here feeling confident of a victory because Oregon wasn't that good.

Man I never imagined the day that I would be ashamed of the effort and heart of the TN program. Players are just giving up. I understand getting beat but when our players give up like they are doing it makes me sick. No pride on this team

Where were you during the last 3 years? I didn't see anybody quitting....just out-matched.

Reactions: 2 people
Those that are saying UK in 2011 as the worst loss in UT history need to look at the circumstances around the game.Yes, UT was playing for a bowl game in '11. Whoop-de-freakin-doo!

This loss was early in the season when UT was undefeated and many on here feeling confident of a victory because Oregon wasn't that good.

You're right. And that memphis loss might have cost us a shot at a NC. No biggie

This was much worse. This one will be brought up for years to come .

UT's 45-point loss was the worst of the modern era (Since 1937) besting a 44-0 loss at Georgia in '81. Per UT SI. #Vol

UT's 45-point loss was the worst of the modern era (Since 1937) besting a 44-0 loss at Georgia in '81. Per UT SI. #Vol

It was what you would expect a #2 team playing a team with the 3rd new coach in 4 years to be. Despite what we hoped we would see, reality is we are correcting chaos at UT and it's gonna take a while.

Reactions: 1 person
By points this game by 45 however the worst loss ever 1981 Georgia 44-0 shutout. The Memphis game in Manning's senior year sucked too.

N its crazy that fans. r saying its OK... this is not OK... never ever.. this trend as to change n change fast ...or burn the hill down n run hart out of town with cheek...

Quit making excuses n demand more from these high paid servants .. they work for us....

In all honesty folks Oregon would have done close to the same thing to all but three maybe four teams in the SEC.

I think they showed why they are the #2 ranked team in the country.

Heck, imagine if Wilcox had stayed last year. Think about how many games we would have been in/won with an average or bad defense instead of an apocalyptically bad D. S.Car./UGA/UF/Mizz....that makes me sicker than anything about last year.

Yeah, agree...would have been nice to have an AVERAGE D, although I think maybe we only win 8-9 even then.

But looking back, maybe that would just have prolonged the problem. I didn't hate on Dooley while he was here, but he just didn't have it, period. His recruiting was lackluster also, and while we are probably going to keep taking some lumps this season and even the next one or two, at least Butch is bringing in some talent. :yes:

We are playing the #2 team in the country!

What do you expect?!!!!

The quacks will be playing Bama for the NC.

We are just not that good yet....Brick by Brick

Some people expect 60 minutes of effort,like has been promised for 6 months..

VN Store

Back