Pay the manTony V.

The Texas AD is the same guy who hired Schloss at TCU
Beyond that their families apparently vacation together all the time despite being on opposite ends of the rivalry i.e. their relationship goes far beyond one simply of a working nature.

Texas doing this right before the CWS final is just cold as hell regardless of who it is.

It’s a distraction for both teams, and neither HC would want it. If it’s schloss, Texas pulling the rug from under him right here makes sense from a rivalry standpoint.. but it makes no sense from actually trying to hire a guy. Even if he’s leaving, he’d want to win the title tonight. Really weird.

Classless IMO.

Reactions: Vols919 and tbwhhs
Texas doing this right before the CWS final is just cold as hell regardless of who it is.

It’s a distraction for both teams, and neither HC would want it. If it’s schloss, Texas pulling the rug from under him right here makes sense from a rivalry standpoint.. but it makes no sense from actually trying to hire a guy. Even if he’s leaving, he’d want to win the title tonight. Really weird.
Especially if your future (and old boss) whom you’re extremely tight with is instigating or approving the leaking. On paper it looks a lot better if you not only stole your biggest rivals’ coach, but your biggest rivals’ national championship coach.

Reactions: EZE
Especially if your future (and old boss) whom you’re extremely tight with is instigating or approving the leaking. On paper it looks a lot better if you not only stole your biggest rivals’ coach, but your biggest rivals’ national championship coach.

Maybe he turned them down. I live in Texas and I don’t see UTjr as a better job than aTm. Maybe in football, but not baseball.

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver
How next level would it be though for Tony V. to come out of the tunnel 10 minutes before first pitch with a giant poster that says, "I'M HERE TO STAY AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE" and he slaps that sob up on the dugout wall. Talk about firing up the troops!
That would be epic.

Reactions: cncchris33
How next level would it be though for Tony V. to come out of the tunnel 10 minutes before first pitch with a giant poster that says, "I'M HERE TO STAY AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE" and he slaps that sob up on the dugout wall. Talk about firing up the troops!

You know….now that you mention it..

Reactions: cncchris33
In the last AD financials that were released a few months back, baseball is losing approx. $10 million...Would be good to somehow close this gap...
I expect licensed Vols baseball jerseies and other merch to generate a lot of income in the near future; especially if we wing tonight. The increase in seating at Lindsay Nelson should help a lot too

I expect licensed Vols baseball jerseies and other merch to generate a lot of income in the near future; especially if we wing tonight. The increase in seating at Lindsay Nelson should help a lot too
If they are including the renovation of the LNS it is definitely going to show was a negative in the statement for a few years. Winning titles and championships will make the influx of cash into the program huge

If they are including the renovation of the LNS it is definitely going to show was a negative in the statement for a few years. Winning titles and championships will make the influx of cash into the program huge

It will help, but we are still likely to never break even on baseball here. Only 3-4 schools do. But DW and the athletic department know that a winning baseball program does more than just being in revenue. Winning and being on TV has a lot of value outside of just dollars brought in, which is why they are going to be extremely willing to pour in money to the sport.

Besides, if football keeps trending in the direction it is, the revenue generated from that will more than pay for the pennies on the dollar operating expenses of the baseball program.

It will help, but we are still likely to never break even on baseball here. Only 3-4 schools do. But DW and the athletic department know that a winning baseball program does more than just being in revenue. Winning and being on TV has a lot of value outside of just dollars brought in, which is why they are going to be extremely willing to pour in money to the sport.

Besides, if football keeps trending in the direction it is, the revenue generated from that will more than pay for the pennies on the dollar operating expenses of the baseball program.
We were talking about that last night at dinner with some friends . The exposure we have gotten the last ten days is absolutely the silver lining to this whole deal. Tony and Josh are both great recruiters and this can only help

That would help, but need to expect some additional debt service expense from the huge stadium upgrade...Can't wait to see it next year...

VN Store

Back