Pay the manTony V.

I hope those of you who think Tony is safe are correct. Texas does have some deep pockets and they will make people say No. While we are worrying, what Danny White is doing has not gone unnoticed. Let’s hope loyalty is a thing.

Only thing I’m worried about is if Banner Dan will announce the extension today or tomorrow. Texas ain’t getting Tony.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand why a coach would leave LSU (or Tenn for that matter) for Texas. Seems like a lateral move to me.

I think it would pretty much come down to Texas money whipping someone. Double or tripling someone's salary.

They did that with their new Swimming & Diving coach. Won at natty at Arizona State and then left for Texas.

I think it would pretty much come down to Texas money whipping someone. Double or tripling someone's salary.

They did that with their new Swimming & Diving coach. Won at natty at Arizona State and then left for Texas.
I think there's roughly 15-20 schools in the top-tier (TN being one. ASU is not). There may be differences in some of these top schools, but it's negligible. And they can all keep up with the competition's money offers. If someone leaves one for the other it's because of something personal.

Reactions: EZE and WVU05UT09
Just scanning the Texas board on their coaching search. Clearly they feel they can hire whomever they want by just being Texas (I'd guess many fan bases have many including us feel that way too). A lot of the discussion centered around which one they would choose.... VITELLO or SCHLOSSNAGLES. I personally don't think they get either man (edit:looks like I was fooled again 🤷‍♂️), especially Tony. Been fooled bigtime before on coaching hires but TV just feels like a true Vol IMO.

Last edited:
I think there's roughly 15-20 schools in the top-tier (TN being one. ASU is not). There may be differences in some of these top schools, but it's negligible. And they can all keep up with the competition's money offers. If someone leaves one for the other it's because of something personal.

Indeed they (ASU) are not. Total dumpster fire right now.

Just scanning the Texas board on their coaching search. Clearly they feel they can hire whomever they want by just being Texas (I'd guess many fan bases have many including us feel that way too). A lot of the discussion centered around which one they would choose.... VITELLO or SCHLOSSNAGLES. I personally don't think they get either man, especially Tony. Been fooled bigtime before on coaching hires but TV just feels like a true Vol IMO.
Keep in mind these are the same people that think Gender is a “social construct”. They are delusional. Tony is all VOL

Look at the emotion Tony has had for Tennessee. The way he interacts with the players and fans. His relationship with Peyton, Barnes & Huepel along with them all being in Omaha to support them.

He also built this program from the ground up. Went from a few hundred people to sold out stadiums. Brought us first ever national championship. Why would he jump to Texas, an already established program where you’re on a short leash? Money? Well, we have deep pockets now too along with some great boosters.

I don't think CTV leaves but was listening to a Podcast just before game last night (Southeastern Unfiltered I believe) and he said that he has heard that Texas is willing to pay 3.2 mil a year. That's huge!

I don't think CTV leaves but was listening to a Podcast just before game last night (Southeastern Unfiltered I believe) and he said that he has heard that Texas is willing to pay 3.2 mil a year. That's huge!

You must be referring to SEC Unfiltered. That guy is a South Carolina fan who just tries to stir the pot and has zero sources other than message board rumors. You can basically ignore anything and everything he says.

If Schloss goes to Texas, I wonder if A&M would look to Elander. Would be an awesome gig for him and he’s a native Texan.

Although I know A&M loves their pitching coach and they may just promote him.

Reactions: StarRaider and txbo
Just like i said a couple days ago about Christian Moore having a 0% chance of not playing yesterday.

There is practically 0% chance Tony leaves. This is exactly what happened at Connecticut recently with Dan Hurley and the Lakers. Why would Tony leave Tennessee? He's going to get paid, he can live in East Tennessee instead of Austin, he's a living legend who is worshipped here, and he can do (I'm assuming) whatever he thinks necessary here, especially after last night. Dan Hurley's wife was 100% correct when she told her husband they had no reason to leave for LA. Same thing for Tony.

Tony has stressed over and over and over that loyalty is one of the most important things to him. That loyalty extends to Danny White, the baseball team, and Vol Nation.

Everyone can rest easy, Tony isn't going anywhere, if ever, anytime soon.

VN Store

Back