Pay the manTony V.

The way I see it, he has to pretty much start over if he leaves in order to build what he wants. Sure he can have whatever he wants in Austin as money is not an issue. can he mirror what he has done here? There’s so many variables and factors involved in success that he would potentially have to give up here to start over anywhere. there’s no promise he can achieve such a feat there. It’s storybook stuff here so far.

He’s made his own way, proven his system works, and shed blood and tears to do it. He could be immortalized here. He's dang close as we speak.

So I would ask, why leave now?

If Tony didn’t leave for LSU or his Alma mater he ain’t leaving for Texas. They are literally renovating the stadium for him. Guy has the chance to go down as the greatest Tennessee baseball coach of all time. Hes building a legacy. I don’t see him going anywhere.

It is certainly curious timing for them to announce this today, of all days, when it felt like they were waiting for the CWS to officially end. Does make you wonder if the Schloss rumors are true.
It could just be an aim to distract them as one final **** you to TAMU trying to keep them from winning a title.

It is certainly curious timing for them to announce this today, of all days, when it felt like they were waiting for the CWS to officially end. Does make you wonder if the Schloss rumors are true.

My Aggie connections say Schloss to Texas is pretty much a done deal. Texas AD (CDC) was Schloss’s AD at TCU and they are friends. Texas’s hatred for the Aggies is so high that not only are they going to steal their coach, but they announce the firing (and subsequent Schloss rumors begin) on the day Aggies could win a title. That‘s savage. They’re absolutely attempting to get in the players heads and impact their ability to win tonight... and will then take their coach tomorrow.

If Tony didn’t leave for LSU or his Alma mater he ain’t leaving for Texas. They are literally renovating the stadium for him. Guy has the chance to go down as the greatest Tennessee baseball coach of all time. Hes building a legacy. I don’t see him going anywhere.
There is a fanbase in the natty that should be worried about losing their coach to Texas, but it’s not us.

My Aggie connections say Schloss to Texas is pretty much a done deal. Texas AD (CDC) was Schloss’s AD at TCU and they are friends. Texas’s hatred for the Aggies is so high that not only are they going to steal their coach, but they announce the firing (and subsequent Schloss rumors begin) on the day Aggies could win a title. That‘s savage. They’re absolutely attempting to get in the players heads and impact their ability to win tonight... and will then take their coach tomorrow.

If that’s the case then it bodes well for us. We’ve been on the receiving end of plenty of head games. No sympathy.

May have a nice bidding war for Schloss between all of the oil barons down there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ben McKee wouldn’t have Tweeted so quickly if he didn’t have it on great authority Tony V was going nowhere. So we can rest easy.
Texas doing this right before the CWS final is just cold as hell regardless of who it is.

It’s a distraction for both teams, and neither HC would want it. If it’s schloss, Texas pulling the rug from under him right here makes sense from a rivalry standpoint.. but it makes no sense from actually trying to hire a guy. Even if he’s leaving, he’d want to win the title tonight. Really weird.

Texas doing this right before the CWS final is just cold as hell regardless of who it is.

It’s a distraction for both teams, and neither HC would want it. If it’s schloss, Texas pulling the rug from under him right here makes sense from a rivalry standpoint.. but it makes no sense from actually trying to hire a guy. Even if he’s leaving, he’d want to win the title tonight. Really weird.

Yeah. It’s a weird move, IMO. Because, in one hand, I can understand if this is Texas’ attempt to distract A&M and screw them out of a natty to spite their rival. But, on the other hand, if your primary target is Schloss, you have to think this would piss him off and sour the relationship right as he starts his new job. Don’t really get the decision.

Texas administration has lost their minds , 3 trips to Omaha in 8 years is pretty dang good
Victim of the grass being greener elsewhere. Florida has made 9 of the last 14. We’ve made 3 of the last 4.

“we’re Texas” mentality can’t let them be less successful, especially walking into this conference.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If we win tonight, he already is the greatest baseball coach here. Completely agree he can keep building his legacy here and the pressure, especially if we win tonight, here will be much less than at other places.

VN Store

Back