Peterman looks better

Honestly at this point who gives a **** if Worley transfers? He is not our answer at QB on any level. I honestly cannot think of a single upside he has. Usually with a QB you can say "well at least he can run" or "at least his arm is strong" or "at least he is accurate," but you can't say anything good about Worley.

If he transfers that just gives us an open spot to bring in a player who can help this team.

Regardless of the current duck db's in the game, Peterman is throwing more catchable balls. More zip and on time. Also looks like more of a running threat. I say get Peterman ready for the swamp.
We still need receivers who can get open and catch the ball. I'm not sticking up for Worley, but the receivers weren't doing a great job either. This offense needs something though. It's hard to watch.

Reactions: 1 person
Peterman had all spring, summer, and fall camp to beat out Worley. I hope Peterman does great. Maybe he is a gamer, but he is playing against 3rd stringers.

Just don't see how he could do any worse than hitting wide open receivers at their feet.

Reactions: 2 people
Going off this logic, the running backs and O-line looked better too. Start them as well?

Yeah because it's totally judged on the same metric. Peterman was more accurate, had more zip, and had more command. Remember the players he had around him on his scoring drive are the same ones who couldn't punch it in vs APSU and WKU.

Has more zip on his passes.
Start him imo.

Peterman stands taller and might have more zip. I'd like to see him actually throw a few passes. Some out routes and some slants.

He seems to take longer to get the play. Could that be why he's not starting?

The problem is that none of these guys are SEC caliber starting QBs. Butch's logic is probably that Worley is the least likely to give the game away. But even if he wasn't throwing interceptions, he sure did look awful out there.

I agree Peterman may be the lesser of the evils. Oregon's "D" clearly did not respect our passing game with Worley, and I suspect our SEC opponents won't either. Our offensive line was manhandling their D-line, but Oregon's D was focused on stopping the run --- and we gave them no reason to worry about the passing game.

Last edited:
From a duck fan's perspective, Worley missed a LOT of wide open recievers, and seemed to get rattled whenever we blitzed him.
I saw Peterson throw a very accurate pass on third down for a completion, in the face of a serious blitz.

It was only one play, but I was impressed.
If I was a Tennessee fan, I would want Peterson too.

Reactions: 10 people
I tried, but this one was hard to watch all the way through. Still believe in Butch... for now! As for Worley, I think he starts next week, but may get yanked early if he doesn't show some production.

At least Peterman has mobility. If Worley could manage the game and make the short throws, I'd leave him in. He can do neither. No accuracy or power or decision making abilities.

From a duck fan's perspective, Worley missed a LOT of wide open recievers, and seemed to get rattled whenever we blitzed him.
I saw Peterson throw a very accurate pass on third down for a completion, in the face of a serious blitz.

It was only one play, but I was impressed.
If I was a Tennessee fan, I would want Peterson too.

First off, great game by your guys. I hope you guys put an end to bama's run.
The enemy sees it! Why can't our coaches?

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is probably pulling a Dooley with his QBs...Start Peterman after the meat of the schedule. Could be wrong. Worley clearly is not the guy. But in his defense Peterman wouldn't have done much better against Oregon's starters.

Butch is probably pulling a Dooley with his QBs...Start Peterman after the meat of the schedule. Could be wrong. Worley clearly is not the guy. But in his defense Peterman wouldn't have done much better against Oregon's starters.

If he can hit a receiver in the numbers he's already doing better than Worley.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back