Peterman looks better

if this QB competition has not opened up again after this week AND WKU week..... then i do lose faith in CBJ. absolute terrible showing by Worley. not even a question.

some of y'all are probably better at QB analysis but honestly i dont see any possible way you could defend him. even if you say those young WRs dropped some...... yeah but not like they were dropping perfect throws left and right a la Justin Hunter.

Not saying Peterman is absolutely better. just saying he cannot be any worse. let him start, tailor plays to his strengths, and get at it.

There is no way Worley is going to get the job done. I don't care that it was Oregon and they're a great team. He wasn't impressive in the games vs Austin Peay and Western Kentucky either. I've tried to find at least one upside to continuing with Worley as the starter and there isn't one. Time to move on and give one of the other three the starting job because it's clear Worley simple isn't the guy. Nice kid, smart kid but not the QB we need.

Reactions: 2 people
Why are we running the read-option? We don't have the personnel for it and all we do is give it to the running back. It is counterproductive.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley's a good kid, but Underthrown and Overthrown balls aren't gonna win games. We have talented receivers, they just need the ball to be thrown to them.

Jones also switched QBs in the middle of the season @ Cincinnati, maybe he's keeping Peterman fresh for the SEC schedule

i dont see how worley can be the qb after this. he missed multiple wide open receivers. if he cant even hit open receivers when he isnt getting pressured he has no business being on the field. great worley will have 0 interceptions. he will also have 0 tds and 100 yards. not to mention he is a junior. if he doesnt get it now he most likely wont. might as well gamble on someone else. we wont win a meaningful game with worley at the helm.

Just don't see how he could do any worse than hitting wide open receivers at their feet.

That criticism seemed exaggerated before, but it did happen in this game a couple of times when it really should not have happened. Oregon is obviously a very talented and well coached team, but they should not have had their way on so many plays. Our players just are not that bad. I was disappointed that Jones punted on the first fourth and short. Perhaps he had confidence in the defense at that point, but the game plan was to keep our offense on the field and Oregon's offense off the field. Oregon made a lot of plays and our team did not. The game mostly sucked, about as bad a beat down as we've ever had on us.

Maybe this was Jones' plan this whole time. Throw Worley to wolves and start someone else at or after Florida

Oh yeah, he looked great. 2-4 for 12 yds against their scrubs. Should have started him today and we'd have won.....

Never said that we would have won, idiot. Just said that he couldn't have done worse and that Worley is a lost cause.

Reactions: 3 people
He has to get down the other aspects of being a QB before he can start.

what other aspects are you referring too? how to master 3 downs and a punt? cause that's the only thing that I've seen Worley do successfully today, minus the punting.

One thing I can say about Peterman is that he sells the play better - when Worley does a handoff from the above camera angle at least there is no "sell" in the misdirection.

Worsley has not impressed me to this point by any means but its also only the third game of this rebuilding project.

In a long dead thread I said that Worley would surprise a lot of people.
I was wrong.

He could still surprise. I'll be surprised if he starts more than one more game.

I haven't been critical of him up until now, but 3 games is enough of a sample size. I just don't think he is going to get better, and Peterman might.

Honestly at this point who gives a **** if Worley transfers? He is not our answer at QB on any level. I honestly cannot think of a single upside he has. Usually with a QB you can say "well at least he can run" or "at least his arm is strong" or "at least he is accurate," but you can't say anything good about Worley.

If he transfers that just gives us an open spot to bring in a player who can help this team.

A useless silly comment. Many would not care if you stay a fan or not.

Reactions: 1 person
No, I think they're both pretty bad. There's a reason Worley starts over Peterman. Do you all really think the coaching staff doesn't know what they're seeing in practice?

I know what I saw in the game.
Peterman with more zip and accuracy. Worley throwing at the receivers feet or over his head.
You don't have to be a coach to see the difference.

VN Store

Back