Phil Just Got Served?

I believe that could cause the subpoena to be invalid as that is NOT his legal address...If they can do that...I would think they could
It's just stating the location where service was to occur. The purpose of a subpoena is to provide notice. It appears that the document tells him when and where to be so I'd say it's effective. If you're hoping for a gotcha moment, it would be kind of unusual to depose someone without having first served them with written discovery. The whole thing is kind of weird, but then again Phil did not make himself available to address this issue back when it all began.

Supposedly, Phillip is getting angry saying that he was not served and the law firm says they have the service on video. I'd say at this point, Phil has notice and he needs to get his lawyers to schedule this deposition at a time when it will not distract from game preparation. Frankly, I think he should just offer to do it before Fall practice starts.

a simple Adams article led to the drubbing of a top-5 team last year. Add the fact that it's bammer now and I think I may make the drive for this game

a simple Adams article led to the drubbing of a top-5 team last year. Add the fact that it's bammer now and I think I may make the drive for this game

You give Adams way too much credit. I don't understand what everyone's complex is with that guy anyway. Get over it.

I meant Pennington but to ignore the impact it had on the UGA game is idiotic

The day I start believing that the KnoxNews writers affect the gameplay of the UT football team is the day that I start believing that my favorite UT hat brings the team good luck.

I know some of you guys may enjoy seeing CPF embarrassed by the Bammers, but this is more of a slap in UT's face in the way it was implemented.
I couldn't agree more,Bama hates us and we hate them. I smell blood at the house already.:crazy:

I'm sorry. I can't add much because I'm to busy laughing. Rats and informants reap what they sew.

Well, ok, so what is he "reaping"? He just has to answer some questions.

If Fulmer "informs" or points out to an official that an opponent is lined up off sides just prior to a snap and a flag is thrown after the snap, is he a "rat"?

The day I start believing that the KnoxNews writers affect the gameplay of the UT football team is the day that I start believing that my favorite UT hat brings the team good luck.

well CPF and the players said as much following the game. Don't lose that hat

I'm trying to keep this sorted out. When Phillip skipped Media Days a few years back that was in reaction to Tommy Gallion's threat to subpeona Phillip with regard to the Albert Means-related case. That case was resolved, I thought. This is something completely different, right? I wonder if Phillip was blindsided by this?

Nothing like turning Media Days into a big joke. I hope the SEC decides to host the event elsewhere from now on, as a result of this shenanigan.

Here's the timeline as I've been following. Bama attorney's are now claiming to have it on tape.

Fulmer served subpoena at SEC Media Days
I have a hard time believing that anyone would put their license on the line by proferring bogus service of process for a discovery witness in a trail where there is no real likelihood of pecuniary gain.

i bet paul slimebaum is going to gleeful today. imagining what those morons are going to talk about his show, just makes me sick. i can't wait until those bama rednecks come up to neyland. if this is all true, then we need remember this come october. i'm so fired up right now, this really pi**es me off.

If it's no big deal, why has he gone to extraordinary lengths to avoid ever being deposed in these matters?
I don't think he ever had to answer to the charges that Tommy Gallion accused him of and I have a feeling that Smith's lawyers may have access to Gallion's "evidence". Phil has always said that he would not testify because he did not want to prolong the issue, but it seems to me that if he had nothing to hide the best way to put this to bed would be to spill his guts.

VN Store

Back