Phil Just Got Served?

This is going to sound like splitting hairs here, but from what I've read there might be a hint of deniability in Fulmer's mind....

The intern from the atty's office who says he witnessed the service(Linton), said himself that the server laid the subpoena on the coach's lap when he(fulmer) opened the door of the SUV. Linton furhter said that Fulmer only looked at other papers that he had with him. Fulmer may not feel he was served.

It is indeed a bizarre serires of events...

This really is very strange. All I know is the week of the Alabama game Fulmer is gonna have the boys fired up. Parker-Wilson is gonna be laying on his back all game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, disgracing the athletic department by being the only coach in modern history to cower away from Media Days isn't extraordinary.

You make me sick hat. You are worse than bammers, at least they have loyalty.

For the question of why didnt he just do it and get it over with, there are other names involved even though CPF is made out to be the only one, and my opinion is that he refused to speak unless forced to out of professional courtesy and respect to the others that WERE involved.

This is going to sound like splitting hairs here, but from what I've read there might be a hint of deniability in Fulmer's mind....

The intern from the atty's office who says he witnessed the service(Linton), said himself that the server laid the subpoena on the coach's lap when he(fulmer) opened the door of the SUV. Linton furhter said that Fulmer only looked at other papers that he had with him. Fulmer may not feel he was served.

It is indeed a bizarre serires of events...
It's not like you have to utter the magic words "you are served." I am quite certain that Fulmer will either say he did not take the time to look at the paper at the time, even though he should by now know exactly what it is he was handed, or in an effort not to look completely clueless he will say that he told a "white lie" because he did not want to distract from what he felt was was the purpose of the media session.

Well hadn't Fulmer avoided the state for a couple of years to evade service of process?

Wonder what made him go this time. He had to realize this might happen.

He avoided one SEC Media Days event when lawyer Tommy Gallion threatened to supoena him at that event. TG was representing 2 coaches that were named by the NCAA and fired by Bama.

He has since be back in the state for Media Days and games against Bama and Auburn so to say he's been avoiding the state for evasion of service process is incorrect.

For the question of why didnt he just do it and get it over with, there are other names involved even though CPF is made out to be the only one, and my opinion is that he refused to speak unless forced to out of professional courtesy and respect to the others that WERE involved.
Everyone in the free world already knows that Steve Spurrier and Houston Nutt also reported Alabama to the NCAA. The only thing Fulamanure is trying to shield is the fact that he spent the better part of a year and half acting like some junior version of Inspector Clouseau on behalf of the 'AA pigs.

I lived (painfully) through this whole episode. The early threats of supoena clearly suggested that they were going to attempt to find all the wrong doing at Tennessee. Ironically, almost none of the allegations Fulmer made against Bama were NOT used by the NCAA. It was a pure play by Gallion to try to get UT in trouble.

I believe in this particular case (the Smith case) Fulmer had made some comments about Kenny Smith's mother being "involved with" a Bama coach. This lawsuit is distinct from the Gallion one.

This is the best and most complete summary I've yet seen..

AP LINK

"I have not seen a subpoena," Fulmer said.
I'm quoting this because I really think the fact he hasn't looked at the thing is the basis for denying the story.

Weak though... I mean just say 'yeah, I got the damn thing and I thought it was pretty classless given the circumstance... my lawyers will deal with it now, so let's talk football."

Everyone in the free world already knows that Steve Spurrier and Houston Nutt also reported Alabama to the NCAA. The only thing Fulamanure is trying to shield is the fact that he spent the better part of a year and half acting like some junior version of Inspector Clouseau on behalf of the 'AA pigs.

It's likely more than that - at least the previous attempts to get him to testify were clearly aimed at digging up dirt on Tee Martin, Tutorgate, and the Peyton mooning incident among others. Ultimately, the theory was a quid pro quo (or something like that) that the NCAA looked the other way against UT in return for Fulmer's commentary.

If it were Gallion that served him, rest assured that he would do all he could to get UT in trouble (deservedly or not)

It's likely more than that - at least the previous attempts to get him to testify were clearly aimed at digging up dirt on Tee Martin, Tutorgate, and the Peyton mooning incident among others. Ultimately, the theory was a quid pro quo (or something like that) that the NCAA looked the other way against UT in return for Fulmer's commentary.

If it were Gallion that served him, rest assured that he would do all he could to get UT in trouble (deservedly or not)

I forgot all about that.....

Beautiful!

Maybe, if it embarrased him hurt his pride etc., it'll light a fire up under his ass before the season starts.

Well, at least I hope.

This is the best and most complete summary I've yet seen..

AP LINK

I'm quoting this because I really think the fact he hasn't looked at the thing is the basis for denying the story.

Weak though... I mean just say 'yeah, I got the damn thing and I thought it was pretty classless given the circumstance... my lawyers will deal with it now, so let's talk football."

He can always use the "incredible insult" quote like he did after the Georgia game.

"He wasn't dodging us because I don't think he knew we were trying to serve him," said Blankenship. "We had hoped we could get him last night before (Fulmer's part in) media days began, but this was the best we could do."

As I suspected.

Also, from Freak's time line, I laughed out loud at this part:

When Fulmer’s door opened, the processor stepped forward and handed the subpoena to the coach. “He said, `I don’t want it,’ ”

ESPN - Fulmer denies being served with subpoena; lawyers disagree - College Football

And the plot thickens.

dramatic_hamster.jpg

It's becoming clear to me that Blankenship is the one milking this for all it's worth...
The date is two days before Tennessee plays at Auburn; Blankenship said they picked it because they knew Fulmer would be in Alabama.

'I was just trying to make it convenient for coach Fulmer'.....'what.. that's a bad time?...oh..sorry...oops..never occurred to me'...:whistling:

VN Store

Back