Phil Just Got Served?

There is no such thing as denying you know you got served. The subpoena was either handed to you or it wasn't. If the process server does an affidavit that says he served him at x time, Fulmer would look like a complete maroon trying to get a protective order claiming he didn't know what it was.

Anyone else listening to sports talk in Knoxville? If so, are their multiple pronunciations for subpoena? It sounds like Jimmy Hyams keeps calling it a (spelled like he is saying it) supeeno.

There is no such thing as denying you know you got served. The subpoena was either handed to you or it wasn't. If the process server does an affidavit that says he served him at x time, Fulmer would look like a complete maroon trying to get a protective order claiming he didn't know what it was.

I agree. But it is kind of like Clinton asking what "is" means. If it gets you out of a jam, so be it. So is it a feasible excuse in any way whatsoever in your estimation?

Even an Alabama lawyer who's a regular on Finebaum says this was grandstanding and a ridiculous way to serve a supoena. He also is highly doubtful that the date for appearing will be upheld by a judge.

I think it is BS. Let it go already. You were caught. If you were not guilty, when did Bama disassociate itself from you. The proof must be there.

Even an Alabama lawyer who's a regular on Finebaum says this was grandstanding and a ridiculous way to serve a supoena. He also is highly doubtful that the date for appearing will be upheld by a judge.

I said that earlier about the date....There is no way that proposed date will hold up.

Those attorney's look like a bunch of ambulance chasing schmucks.

Anyone else listening to sports talk in Knoxville? If so, are their multiple pronunciations for subpoena? It sounds like Jimmy Hyams keeps calling it a (spelled like he is saying it) supeeno.
Jimmy Hyams, a man to whom English is a foreign language.

That Blankenship cat looks like he's had him a Red & White while smoking a cowboy killer watching some WWE, UFC, NASCAR (Take your pick).

That firm website is going to get 1000x the hits today it has in any previous day, and the firm name will garner recognition in the homes of 'bama, Vol, and many other sports fans. But I'm sure the associated attention never occurred to them...

I'm at heart was only the most noble of causes.

That's pretty ironic since I have no idea how to pronounce how you spelled it! (If I used faces, this is where I'd insert one to insinuate I was joking)

Back to the topic, I admit that my knowledge of the subject comes from books, television and movies but in all of those cases doesn't the one serving the subpoena announce what it is? If so, how could he deny knowing what he was handed? And if all of what I have read and seen is false, completely disregard my questions.

How low can they get? It just goes to show that bammers think that they are above the rules and integrity of the game.

I agree. But it is kind of like Clinton asking what "is" means. If it gets you out of a jam, so be it. So is it a feasible excuse in any way whatsoever in your estimation?

I suppose it could be used as an excuse for not being able to answer questions, as in "Huh? I got served with what? What are you talking about?"

But to defeat the vailidity of the service, I tend to doubt it. I wonder if Alabama law requires some sort of subjective awareness -- again, doubt it.

I suppose judge might order a different date. What will likely happen is that Fulmer's lawyer will call these guys and say, "Hey, the 25th sucks for us. My kid is graduating preschool that day. Let's move it."

It would oridinarily be moved as a courtesy. But if the lawyers are difficult, then CPF's lawyers file a motion for protective order in the Alabama court where this is pending and ask the judge to make them move it.

The damage this could cause PR-wise is pretty significant. Especially if the media is allowed into the deposition, which is a possibility. Even if they aren't, you can bet that ESPN and CNN/SI will stake this one out and be all over Fulmer and the lawyers about what goes on in it.

Going to be tough for CPF to keep the focus on football over that three days. Very tough.

I think it is officially time to move the SEC media days from Birmingham to a more civilized city such as Atlanta or Nashville.

VN Store

Back