Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on another board where he will be AD over Football Operations. I knew it couldn't be all great news. If that is true..........
that's OK. A ceremonial position is palatable and is the old school standard.

I'm no Fulmer fan, but I'm OK with him continuing to aimlessly wander the halls, but for much less cash and with no responsibility.

I really hope the Vols put together the past 3 games and gets to a bowl and sends him off right.

So let me get this straight, he could have retired at any time and gotten a large sum of money. I understand he'll be compensated, but he can only get the full amount of the buyout if he's fired, which isn't happening.

My guess is during the meeting they told him you are done at the end of the year and told him he would get his full payout but they would treat it as a best for both parties situation so it would look like he was ready to go as well.

I'm no Fulmer fan, but I'm OK with him continuing to aimlessly wander the halls, but for much less cash and with no responsibility.

How long before we have a situation like Nebraska?

I was thinking about selling my tickets to the game this weekend, but am now glad I didn't. I hope everyone will show up for these last 2 home games and support Fulmer and the VOLS! It's sad in a way, but I'm sooooooo happy!!!!:cheer:

If you don't think his paws will be in on the hiring of a new coach then your crazy. Fulmer needs to be fully removed from any kind of job in the AD.

LANE KIFFEN young extremely intense, excellent recruiter, disciple of carroll, nfl exp.
Lane Kiffin isn't a great recruiter,he was recruiting coordinator but he only recruited Buehler(USC Punter) and Butch Lewis(OT).

His only NFL experience he failed as a HC.

Sorry just got on, & saw this thread. Excuse me for a minute....

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::yahoo::yahoo:

Ok I'm done.

Looking through my CRIMSON GLASSES, this is a mistake, Fulmer is Tennessee Football. Who in the world would want to follow him. Let me remind you (Spurrier-Zook) (BEAR-Perkins) (Dye-Mickey Mouse) (Osbourn-???)
and so on.....

I just saw on another board where he will be AD over Football Operations. I knew it couldn't be all great news. If that is true..........
That's code for "You get an office and you'll be fundraising and giving speeches."

does that include the millions, or do you just want a big shout?

You wanted him gone and he's leaving. That dude's put more blood, sweat, miles and time into this university's football program starting back as a Fr O lineman than anyone likely to ever spend time on this board.

Look, I'm not even a "coach" guy. I watch sports and coaches come and go for whatever team you care to talk about. Fulmer is, first and foremost, a Vol. Has been since he graduated high school. I'm not going to annoint some football coach some kind of hero but the guy has put more into wanting this university to win games than you or I ever will or could. Has he been paid? Yep. What am I supposed to do, berate a guy for it? I'd take the money and dare say most here would.

I've got LOTS of happy memories that involve the Fulmer era. His time has passed and he's stepping down. I see no cause to do other than try to remember those good times as he moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back