Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hung my tennessee flag out on my porch for this occasion.. had to call my dad and break the news to him while he was at work

Conversation started with.. "Hey dad, are you sitting down?"

. . .Fulmer's reaction seems classy to the end. :cray:

He knows that a change is necessary. . .I just never like to see a coach go through this when he has been such an active part of a school for 30 years.

I guarantee you that as much as so many on here have been upset on most aspects of Tennessee Football. . .that no one, absolutely no one, feels any worse than Phil Fulmer. I applaud him for his service, and am 100% confident that he will leave with his head high.

. . .I sure hope UT can find a very aggressive coach that can install that old Tennessee Pride. . .and quickly!

I hung my tennessee flag out on my porch for this occasion.. had to call my dad and break the news to him while he was at work

Conversation started with.. "Hey dad, are you sitting down?"

Haha, I did the same thing but through a text

Lane Kiffin isn't a great recruiter,he was recruiting coordinator but he only recruited Buehler(USC Punter) and Butch Lewis(OT).

His only NFL experience he failed as a HC.

i guess reggie bush mike williams keary colbert and dwayne jarrett dont count but usc easily attracts high profile recruits i mean boobie myles was gonna go there.

Lane Kiffin:5-15

So out of all the coaches mentioned Kiffin had the worst record in the NFL but because hes young people think hes going to develop into a good coach in the future,horrible assessment of coaching in general.

Not to mention he was stuck w/ Al Davis, and was with possibly the worst team in football. Hard to make something out of nothing in the NFL.

First, congrats VN. The search for a successor begins and I do personally hope you get someone good and quickly return to your usual competitive selves here before long.

But ...

I think someone needs to say something about how Fulmer is, even in retreat, once again throwing the players under the bus. According to the Low article (quoting the Tennesseean) he instructed the coaches to shield the players from the frustration of the coaches, implying that it is the players who are not performing. Just saying.

First, congrats VN. The search for a successor begins and I do personally hope you get someone good and quickly return to your usual competitive selves here before long.

But ...

I think someone needs to say something about how Fulmer is, even in retreat, once again throwing the players under the bus. According to the Low article (quoting the Tennesseean) he instructed the coaches to shield the players from the frustration of the coaches, implying that it is the players who are not performing. Just saying.

What a shock, LG reading into a situation to throw another left-handed compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back