Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

the one thing about about Tony, he's never going to guarantee anything. He will only guarantee you a chance to compete for playing time.
Respectfully but totally disagree. Ahuna, Merritt, and Denton don’t come anywhere near UT without an ironclad guarantee. That they would have to play themselves OUT of a position. No chance. They didn’t come to UT for a chance to compete. They came to UT to play.

Reactions: freedom fighter
Supposedly his Girlfriend goes to Texas A&M and her dad works for them that is the best on the street

I mean he’s been here for two years. He has one year left to the draft. I don’t buy the idea that he would leave for one year to go be with his girlfriend. If going to the same school was that big of a factor, he never chooses TN or he would have left after his first year.

Well, let me just put it this way — I wouldn’t let my own kids go to Alabama, so I don’t wish it on Chase Burns either. And Alabama is just one example — there are others 😎
I wouldn’t either and my hope is if he chooses to leave he goes to a non-SEC school.

I mean he’s been here for two years. He has one year left to the draft. I don’t buy the idea that he would leave for one year to go be with his girlfriend. If going to the same school was that big of a factor, he never chooses TN or he would have left after his first year.
Maybe she gave him an or else!!!!

I will not discuss rumors but I will give insight into Chase Burns. He is a big introvert. He is a great young man but is slow to let people into his life. He hates interviews or being in the spotlight. I had to work real hard to get him to let me in. But now my wife and I are there. He comes across as mad or not fitting in but he just struggles letting people get to know him. He is Kirby’s apartment mate abd they have become great friends. He will definitely need a publicist when he is drafted. But again a greasy young man. Don’t read body language as the whole of him.

Thanks for the insight, is this evidence that @preacherman20 and Chase are tight?

Last edited:
Supposedly his Girlfriend goes to Texas A&M and her dad works for them that is the best on the street
Well I’m pretty sure his GF is a student at aTm and is part of the media team for the Baseball team. Also her dad is indeed the director of baseball at aTm, has been for 25 years now. But what everyone if forgetting that Beam loves his sister more than anything and she is at almost every game. He is also from Murfreesboro where his family still resides. I’m pretty sure he wants ti be around his sister as much as possible before being drafted. I would imagine travled would be harder from Murfreesboro to college station than what it is from Murfreesboro to Knoxville which is less than 2 hours. Burns leaving would suck but not a suprise if he’s not a starter here. But Beam leaving woild be an absolute shocker.

His girlfriend is from college station. Her dad has been the director of baseball operations for 25 years. Bean had a chance to already be there long before now. I don’t think he leaves his sister and family for college station for 1 year.
I don't want him to go but we all were young and we know the influence of your significant other at that age. Yes you are correct about his love for his sister and hope he makes the right choice .

Beam isn’t going anywhere…one of his “close” friends is transferring here…Why would Causey come here if he got the sense that Beam was leaving? That wouldn’t make much sense at all
He picked playing with Beam over Auburn and Bama which is less than 90 miles from JSU. Him and Beam played travel ball together.

VQ said that as of this morning, Burns is not in the transfer portal. Also said that once a player files paperwork, the university has 48 hours to put the player in the portal. A weekend entry might not show up in the portal until Monday.

VQ is continuing to ask questions and monitor things.

Sounds like vq knows he will be officially in the portal Monday

people were shocked he even chose the college route. Most thought he would go early in the draft, and he would have if not for making his intentions known.

You guys are confusing my post.
yea he was a bigtime draft prospect

But he wasn’t highly recruited at the time he committed.

The OP mentioned him knowing the style of Anderson during recruiting and I doubt he did or cared it the point. He committed to the first pretty girl that was willing to be his prom date

They’ve only been together for about a year.

people were shocked he even chose the college route. Most thought he would go early in the draft, and he would have if not for making his intentions known.
He wanted to play for UT so bad that he told teams not to draft him and that he wouldn’t sign if they did. I remember him Being projected as a 5-10 round guy out of high school. Then he made his intentions known and he dropped to 20th round.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
He wanted to play for UT so bad that he told teams not to draft him and that he wouldn’t sign if they did. I remember him Being projected as a 5-10 round guy out of high school. Then he made his intentions known and he dropped to 20th round.
Way higher. Was in the mix to be late 1st -2

I will not discuss rumors but I will give insight into Chase Burns. He is a big introvert. He is a great young man but is slow to let people into his life. He hates interviews or being in the spotlight. I had to work real hard to get him to let me in. But now my wife and I are there. He comes across as mad or not fitting in but he just struggles letting people get to know him. He is Kirby’s apartment mate abd they have become great friends. He will definitely need a publicist when he is drafted. But again a greasy young man. Don’t read body language as the whole of him.
Thanks for this as many have made false assumptions about Chase and others due to their “body language“. Introverts are really misunderstood and are typically deep thinkers that get their energy from down time/alone time. Many are tremendous leaders, but not the ones “glad handing” or holding court in the locker room.

VN Store

Back