Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

-Brent Hubbs (VolQuest)
Just saw that….for Hubbs to state that so overtly is interesting and troubling. Zach Joyce and Chase Burns would make quite the tandem. I hope we retain both or Zach gets a great MLB contract (draft or free agent). The prospects of facing them at another SEC program is highly depressing.

Just saw that….for Hubbs to state that so overtly is interesting and troubling. Zach Joyce and Chase Burns would make quite the tandem. I hope we retain both or Zach gets a great MLB contract (draft or free agent).
The amount of arms we are looking at losing is wild.
FA and TV have their work cut out for them with the pitching staff.

The amount of arms we are looking at losing is wild.
FA and TV have their work cut out for them with the pitching staff.

We also have arms joining the program via high school, JUCO, and transfer portal. It'll be interesting to see how everything stands after the Draft and once the portal closes.

We also have arms joining the program via high school, JUCO, and transfer portal. It'll be interesting to see how everything stands after the Draft and once the portal closes.
Like I just mentioned to 66, sure but replacing guys who were able to do what Seth and Chase did wont be easy. Not many of those guys are going to come in throwing triple digits and be able to carry it 4+ innigs.

Yep. As long as we have Tony V and Frank Anderson, we're in great shape.

They took Burns out of the starting rotation for a reason and look at what happen at the end of it. Improved. That was a coach's decision, not the kids.

Like I say we have no idea what the sentiment or reason is at the moment, but I am going to stick with the ones I know for sure will be here next year.

TV and Anderson.

Like I just mentioned to 66, sure but replacing guys who were able to do what Seth and Chase did wont be easy. Not many of those guys are going to come in throwing triple digits and be able to carry it 4+ innigs.

It won't be easy. There is no instant fix. However, the pitching staff was solid before Halvy and Burns joined the program, and the pitching staff will be solid again once they leave. We are in good hands with this coaching staff.

Sure, but you dont find guys who throw triple digits everyday. What Seth and Chase were able to do from the pen was pretty big, theres a lot of innings to cover if both are gone.

I don’t disagree with the first part…I stayed up very late last night, post VN duties, this is what I came up with. Chase Burns and the staff are not being caught with their pants down. They both know what’s going on. Haven’t they both earned our trust? We aren’t gonna know anything until Monday unless Chase or CTV comes out and says so.

I’ve been here quite a while. I learned you can’t trust news that comes out on a Friday. No papers will be filed until Monday, unless he did it Thursday after the exit meeting.

Enjoy the weekend.

I don’t disagree with the first part…I stayed up very late last night, post VN duties, this is what I came up with. Chase Burns and the staff are not being caught with their pants down. They both know what’s going on. Haven’t they both earned our trust? We aren’t gonna know anything until Monday unless Chase or CTV comes out and says so.

I’ve been here quite a while. I learned you can’t trust news that comes out on a Friday. No papers will be filed until Monday, unless he did it Thursday after the exit meeting.

Enjoy the weekend.
Im sure the staff probably has had several conversations about Burns leaving and who they like. Still doesnt make it easy to replace him or a guarantee that we get who the staff wants.
I was just reading about the guy we got from Jacksonville St, a submarine guy...... Im not excited about him now that I know that, they are usually guys who have very defined roles

Reactions: Lurker
It won't be easy. There is no instant fix. However, the pitching staff was solid before Halvy and Burns joined the program, and the pitching staff will be solid again once they leave. We are in good hands with this coaching staff.
Maybe, maybe not. If it comes down to development sure, but if we have to play the NIL game we are going to get stuck with everyones sloppy seconds.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Im sure the staff probably has had several conversations about Burns leaving and who they like. Still doesnt make it easy to replace him or a guarantee that we get who the staff wants.
I was just reading about the guy we got from Jacksonville St, a submarine guy...... Im not excited about him now that I know that, they are usually guys who have very defined roles

Good thing it’s not about you, he’s gone after next year no matter where he plays.

Good thing it’s not about you, he’s gone after next year no matter where he plays.
Yep, but its easier to accept them leaving when its for the draft. You expect them to leave.
Maybe the coaches have had conversations with Burns like we discussed earlier, but as a fan its hard to accept Burns leaving before he goes to the draft.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Yep, but its easier to accept them leaving when its for the draft.

If he’s given all he has, which I certainly believe he has, I don’t want him to be unhappy, or any other kid. I have no problem with any of them making the best decision they can for themselves.

In this case. The door should be open, swings both ways until someone locks it.

Yep, but its easier to accept them leaving when its for the draft. You expect them to leave.
Maybe the coaches have had conversations with Burns like we discussed earlier, but as a fan its hard to accept Burns leaving before he goes to the draft.

And if he does leave this no doubt will
Hurt recruiting. This is bad for Pr. That’s why if given the choice I’d choose burns over Frank and I like frank

Maybe, maybe not. If it comes down to development sure, but if we have to play the NIL game we are going to get stuck with everyones sloppy seconds.

We were rated as the preseason #2 in national polls based on last year's entire starting rotation returning. They did not perform to the that level of this year. There are no guarantees. As for NIL, it is what it is.

I do not like the term "sloppy seconds". There are plenty of great players to go around.

Just saw that….for Hubbs to state that so overtly is interesting and troubling. Zach Joyce and Chase Burns would make quite the tandem. I hope we retain both or Zach gets a great MLB contract (draft or free agent). The prospects of facing them at another SEC program is highly depressing.
I just hope the young man does well wherever he plays,also if LSU is his destination I hope LSU doesn't visit Tennessee next season could you imagine the hostility toward the young man by some of the fans at the game nobody deserves that no matter what.

Since the beginning of time, it has been about creating and holding wealth.

Thank you.

I mean think about it. Guys coming into the program that have proved nothing at UT but have done something at HS, JUCO, or other school getting more money than Burns currently gets. How do you think Burns is going to react? He'll react just like the pro's do with saying "That's not fair. I'm worth more". Also, while UT gave him opportunity, money, and education...1) I'm positive Tennessee wasn't the only one that offered him out of HS, and as important 2) how much has Chase Burns made this University & businesses by putting butts in the seats and those butts buy food, drink, alcohol, hats, shirts, etc. and buying clothes at places like Alumni Hall and butts in the seats at Fieldhouse Social, Calhouns, etc. He also got them to Omaha by showing up and single handedly beating Southern Miss in the Super and single handedly eliminating Stanford in the NCAA World Series. And Vitello is going to bring in a high schooler or JUCO or other and plunk down more money and let Chase sit there? I don't think so.

If he’s given all he has, which I certainly believe he has, I don’t want him to be unhappy, or any other kid. I have no problem with any of them making the best decision they can for themselves.

In this case. The door should be open, swings both ways until someone locks it.
Again, we dont know the conversation that the coaches have had, but personally the longer this goes on and just lingers the bigger distraction it comes, someone needs to close that door and not let this drag on.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back