Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

You guys are confusing my post.
yea he was a bigtime draft prospect

But he wasn’t highly recruited at the time he committed.

The OP mentioned him knowing the style of Anderson during recruiting and I doubt he did or cared it the point. He committed to the first pretty girl that was willing to be his prom date
Vandy was most definitely after him and Beam as both are from right outside of Nashville. Corbin did not like it when Vitello took Burns and Beam out his own backyard.

If Burns leaves unless it is for a family issue or something similar, he is a traitor, in my eyes. I will not wish ill on him and I will hope he makes a lot of money at the next level, but I will not be cheering for him as he finishes his college career.

From a reliable poster on VQ on Burns:

It’s a big *** offer from LSU. Not sure we’re prepared to match. Would be better served paying multiple players or a different sport

Are you even a Tennessee fan? Like, truly. I have never met someone more negative to Tennessee athletics than you.

“We don’t belong.”

“Tony Vitello is leaving us. We just can’t compete. Wow is me.”

“Why would Burns want to be here anyway? He’s gone.”

Based on your immaculate track record, I fully expect Burns rumors to die down and him to be a Vol. Sheesh.

From a reliable poster on VQ on Burns:

It’s a big *** offer from LSU. Not sure we’re prepared to match. Would be better served paying multiple players or a different sport
Why would money be factor. If he was worried about money he would have went pro right out of high school. He was projected to make millions right out of high school till he told teams to not draft him that he was going to college. He would have been a top 5 round pick if he don’t let his intentions known.

If Burns leaves unless it is for a family issue or something similar, he is a traitor, in my eyes. I will not wish ill on him and I will hope he makes a lot of money at the next level, but I will not be cheering for him as he finishes his college career.

Posts like this make me laugh. “He is a traitor”. Hahaha. Too funny. Also waiting for “don’t let the door hit you in the…” Your post should end with “unless he was my son”.

Burns is making less than $10,000 in cash with NIL. He’s leveraging the portal to his financial advantage. Stay or go, he’s going to make 6 digits plus school & housing. I’m sure if he was your son and he had the opportunity to make 500k+ over UT, you'd change your position. Or, maybe you’d rather be loyal to UT and your son not have that kind of financial security.

Oh, injury may be around the corner. Get the $ while you can.

Still laughing!

Last edited:
I'm no insider as I'm not around the team and go to games like Eric. But at the end of the day from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like Burns wants to be here and be a part of the program. I don't think it’s because of some NIL deal elsewhere or lack of NIL here. It sounds like at the end of the day Burns doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while which is why the Burns rumors have been out there for weeks.

-Brent Hubbs (VolQuest)

Wow. That is just so weird. If it has nothing to do with NIL, then the LSU rumors would make no sense because that is basically a team entirely of mercenaries and I can’t imagine he’d get along with them.

At this point, I'm just ready to move forward. Every player has his or her own reasoning. If he or she doesn't want to be here, why stay.

A recent example of a high profile player in another sport comes to my mind: Former OU softball ace, Jordy Ball. She was named MVP of the 2023 WCWS, and a few days later, shocked nearly everyone by announcing her transfer from 2 time National Champion OU softball. Turns out, she was homesick for her native Nebraska these past two years and wanted to be closer to home. She's since transferred to the Nebraska softball program. Burns' reasons may be similar or different than Jordy's. Point is: They have their own reasons. Trying to dissect is like running around in circles.

At this point, I'm just ready to move forward. Every player has his or her own reasoning. If he or she doesn't want to be here, why stay.

A recent example of a high profile player in another sport comes to my mind: Former OU softball ace, Jordy Ball. She was named MVP of the 2023 WCWS, and a few days later, shocked nearly everyone by announcing her transfer from 2 time National Champion OU softball. Turns out, she was homesick for her native Nebraska these past two years and wanted to be closer to home. She's since transferred to the Nebraska softball program. Burns' reasons may be similar or different than Jordy's. Point is: They have their reasons. Trying to dissect is like running around in circles.
Like a cat chasing its tail!!!!!

Posts like this make me laugh. “He is a traitor”. Hahaha. Too funny. Also waiting for “don’t let the door hit you in the…” Your post should end with “unless he was my son”.

Burns is making less than $10,000 in cash with NIL. He’s leveraging the portal to his financial advantage. Stay or go, he’s going to make 6 digits plus school & housing. I’m sure if he was your son and he had the opportunity to make 500k+ over UT, you'd change your position. Or, maybe you’d rather be loyal to UT and your son not have that kind of financial security.

Oh, injury may be around the corner. Get the $ while you can.

Still laughing!
Since the beginning of time, it has been about creating and holding wealth.

Reactions: GOBO-Baseball02
Let's wait and see, he may go in and end up here, he may go to another school at this point who knows.

There is a reason for everything, it could be all about Burns, it could be family, it could be $$$, it could be conversations between coach and player. A combination of all, time may or may not tell but time will tell us more than we know now.

Anybody is replaceable.

VN Store

Back