Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Im not talking about that as lingering, im talking about him hanging out in the portal. If he goes and explores his options for a couple weeks it is what it is, but if its October and fall ball has started and hes still lingering then it starts to become a distraction.
No way he's still available in the portal in October.

Thank you.

I mean think about it. Guys coming into the program that have proved nothing at UT but have done something at HS, JUCO, or other school getting more money than Burns currently gets. How do you think Burns is going to react? He'll react just like the pro's do with saying "That's not fair. I'm worth more". Also, while UT gave him opportunity, money, and education...1) I'm positive Tennessee wasn't the only one that offered him out of HS, and as important 2) how much has Chase Burns made this University & businesses by putting butts in the seats and those butts buy food, drink, alcohol, hats, shirts, etc. and buying clothes at places like Alumni Hall and butts in the seats at Fieldhouse Social, Calhouns, etc. He also got them to Omaha by showing up and single handedly beating Southern Miss in the Super and single handedly eliminating Stanford in the NCAA World Series. And Vitello is going to bring in a high schooler or JUCO or other and plunk down more money and let Chase sit there? I don't think so.
Not sure he single-handily beat USM, he was given a 4-0 lead and preserved it after Beam pitched his tail off.

Im not talking about that as lingering, im talking about him hanging out in the portal. If he goes and explores his options for a couple weeks it is what it is, but if its October and fall ball has started and hes still lingering then it starts to become a distraction.

I don’t see that happening, if he wants to go, he knows already.

Besides money, can someone please explain why LSU would be a better fit? Aren’t they losing a lot after this season?.....Skenes, Crews, Morgan, Dugas, Beloso, Thompson

They may win it all this year but if all those guys are gone next year I can’t see them winning it. That’s a ton of offensive productivity to lose

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I appreciate Burns and all the guys for sticking it out and finishing the season in Omaha and have no idea about anyone’s NIL deals or any inside info into any individual players relationship with the staff , the seasons over and I can assure you one player is not bigger than the program , I think Burns was awesome in the post season and I hope he stays but if his heart isn’t in it we can’t make him stay

Besides money, can someone please explain why LSU would be a better fit? Aren’t they losing a lot after this season?.....Skenes, Crews, Morgan, Dugas, Beloso, Thompson
Theyll offer a lot of guys to rebuild a lineup.
But on top of that, the rumor is theyre offering the Friday night starting spot, Tony might not be.

Theyll offer a lot of guys to rebuild a lineup.
But on top of that, the rumor is theyre offering the Friday night starting spot, Tony might not be.

We’ll see how it works out for them but that’s still a ton of talent and experience they’ll have to replace. Btw didn’t the former Vandy pitcher transfer to LSU last year? Christian Little. Has he even seen the field this year for them? I know I haven’t seen him

We’ll see how it works out for them but that’s still a ton of talent and experience they’ll have to replace. Btw didn’t the former Vandy pitcher transfer to LSU last year? Christian Little. Has he even seen the field this year for them? I know I haven’t seen him
Idk about a pitcher, there was a Vandy SS that was going to go to LSU, but Baltimore offered him well above slot so the went to the minors.

So, I just looked at LSU's roster..... He wasnt very good. Went 2-2 with an over 7 ERA. He last threw against UGA at the end of May.

For all the praise given to him, you really think he will be lingering in the Portal until October and fall ball? NO.

I think we will always be regional team with TV, just not sure we should always expect more.

You are really killing it today.

When you have two dominant pitchers like Burns and Dollander from 2022 that get hit hard for much of 2023, don't you have to question the pitching coach?
This. Pitch selection wasn't aggressive especially with runners on. Waste pitch outs ? Id rather see a slide step and go after the batter. However Frank is one of the best... So I defer to him. Just my opinion

This. Pitch selection wasn't aggressive especially with runners on. Waste pitch outs ? Id rather see a slide step and go after the batter. However Frank is one of the best... So I defer to him. Just my opinion
The biggest thing I noticed, we have two guys with premium fastballs, that got beat a lot with not fastballs. I think Frank was trying to get both guys to work on their secondary stuff for the next level.

VN Store

Back