Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

We replaced every single position player this season and made it farther than we should’ve. We’ll be alright.
It’s not sustainable to turn over entire rosters every year. We are not Kentucky basketball. We will pay the price eventually.

It’s not sustainable to turn over entire rosters every year. We are not Kentucky basketball. We will pay the price eventually.

Maybe. If we lose every game next year how does that affect yer life?

If youre trying to insinuate that Tony and Frank would leave Burns out to dry I think youre wrong. They would love to have his stuff wether its in the rotation or the pen.
I do believe that there is a point of Crap or get off the Pot. His delayed decision would as well affect the team and sentiment that a young kid's decision might cause a little bit of a messy situation.

Again, we will know more next week but not enough to know only speculate. One thing for sure is that you are not going to let a player affect team dynamics and structuring. Again, nobody knows the entire happenings of this year except maybe a team parent or a player or two. I love Chase Burns, the kid is a player, and I want him here but not on his terms; but, on mutual terms and respect.

They are not leaving him out to dry, loyalty and commitment are two way streets.

Tell you wife or girlfriend you are going to check out the portal only to see who wants you and are willing to pay a $$$ or two to have you around.

My wife tells me that I pack her bags for her. Different I know, but we don't know the circumstances and this may have been decided by both parties several weeks or months ago. Who knows?

I would think you tell the truth. He did not like the move because he felt it was a demotion, but we did what we had to for the betterment of the team. It also led to an improvement in his numbers and overall success, even if he feels he is a starter. Additionally, we had the second best ERA in baseball this year, the best ERA last year, and the first college arm to reach the big leagues in the two of the last three years has come from the University of Tennessee. You list the number of guys drafted here, point to the large improvements guys made while here, etc. Like it or not, moving him out of the rotation and into the closer role was huge, and obviously happened as things turned around for the better.
We may need to put you on staff!

Reactions: knoxvol52
Heard he hasn’t talked to anybody from Tennessee since returning from Omaha. Possibly other than end of the year meetings

Am I right in saying that the NIL company that represents LSU can do whatever they want as long as the coaches at LSU aren’t directing it??

Meaning there is no tampering here and the ncaa really has no control over any of this bs

Am I right in saying that the NIL company that represents LSU can do whatever they want as long as the coaches at LSU aren’t directing it??

Meaning there is no tampering here and the ncaa really has no control over any of this bs

Good to see ya around, just curious, why now? I seem to recall you saying you couldn’t support the program with this coaching staff, recruiting etc…or something like that. You made good on it, what’s up?

Trust me the decision will be made for him long before that point and it will not be made by him.

Who will make the decision, if not him? And why might he want to leave? Just for money?
Crass nonsense, if true. I thought NIL was about merch sales, essentially. Who buys merch with the name of player who's
a one-year transfer? NIL is a joke.

Good to see ya around, just curious, why now? I seem to recall you saying you couldn’t support the program with this coaching staff, recruiting etc…or something like that. You made good on it, what’s up?

I’m only here temporarily don’t worry lol. I’m intrigued by this burns thing and honestly very saddened by the environment that college baseball is these days.

btw the reason I’ve chosen to not fully support TV and staff seems less important compared to these bs portal and NIL issues college athletics is facing these days.

One other thing I’ll add. This years Vols grew on me. Same with the TV. They were all easier to pull for imo

Nah we will have fine arms, but guys like Burns dont grow on trees. Id rather have him than not.

TN_gal said:
I'm fully aware of that. As I said before, I would love it if he stays next season. Even if he stays, there would be the same conversation once he leaves for the Draft next year.

Respectfully disagree. Completely different leaving when MLB draft eligible vs transfer portal.

If he stays here through his draft eligible season, there will still be questions about how to replace an elite arm for the next season. That is the conversation I'm referring to.

I’m only here temporarily don’t worry lol. I’m intrigued but this burns thing and honestly very saddened by the environment that college baseball is these days.

btw the reason I’ve chosen to not fully support TV and staff seems less important compared to these bs portal and NIL issues college athletics is facing these days.

One other thing I’ll add. This years Vols grew on me. Same with the TV. They were all easier to pull for imo

I can appreciate that.

I’m only here temporarily don’t worry lol. I’m intrigued but this burns thing and honestly very saddened by the environment that college baseball is these days.

So I’m gathering the “lack of respect for opponents” turned you off on last year’s team?

I will not discuss rumors but I will give insight into Chase Burns. He is a big introvert. He is a great young man but is slow to let people into his life. He hates interviews or being in the spotlight. I had to work real hard to get him to let me in. But now my wife and I are there. He comes across as mad or not fitting in but he just struggles letting people get to know him. He is Kirby’s apartment mate and they have become great friends. He will definitely need a publicist when he is drafted. But again a great young man. Don’t read body language as the whole of him.
Thank you - he seems like a fine young man but can see why folks are perplexed. Glad to know he’s a great young man and has let y’all into his life...🧡

I would think you tell the truth. He did not like the move because he felt it was a demotion, but we did what we had to for the betterment of the team. It also led to an improvement in his numbers and overall success, even if he feels he is a starter. Additionally, we had the second best ERA in baseball this year, the best ERA last year, and the first college arm to reach the big leagues in the two of the last three years has come from the University of Tennessee. You list the number of guys drafted here, point to the large improvements guys made while here, etc. Like it or not, moving him out of the rotation and into the closer role was huge, and obviously happened as things turned around for the better.

Boom! You tell the truth! What a unique idea!

Honestly, I’d love for him to stay. However, if he is unhappy, then both he and Tennessee should move on down the road. He’s owed that by UT and he owes it to himself.

Baseball is no different than any other sport. No one is bigger than the team. If he wants to leave, we should wish him well, and thank him for his time in Knoxville. Nevertheless, we should also make it clear that Delta is ready when he is. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back