Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Good to see ya around, just curious, why now? I seem to recall you saying you couldn’t support the program with this coaching staff, recruiting etc…or something like that. You made good on it, what’s up?

He only shows up when the program hits a snag and when there's a chance to bash the coaching staff. You can see it in the "I'd pick Burns over Anderson" comment and the notion that this will hurt recruiting. Dude doesn't like the program/coaching staff and can't stand the way CTV recruits.

He only shows up when the program hits a snag and when there's a chance to bash the coaching staff. You can see it in the "I'd pick Burns over Anderson" comment and the notion that this will hurt recruiting. Dude doesn't like the program/coaching staff and can't stand the way CTV recruits.

I get that, I ain’t trying to throw anybody under the bus, but there’s a tradition here. Start your own eat crow thread. Without that, he’s just another stir the pot poster.

Reactions: knoxvol52
If he’s given all he has, which I certainly believe he has, I don’t want him to be unhappy, or any other kid. I have no problem with any of them making the best decision they can for themselves.

In this case. The door should be open, swings both ways until someone locks it.
Well said and spot on.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Look I brought the info that burns doesn’t think Anderson is a great pitching coach. That’s fact and I say that with 100% certainty.
Hubbs has very much hinted at that as well

I also said I like frank but you choose to leave that part out …

the reason I’d choose burns over Anderson is I think losing burns hurts recruiting for years to come, I think frank is about the retiring age anyways, and I think a younger new age pitching coach would at worse be a wash and maybe better in the long run.

Reactions: Volfan1000
And if he does leave this no doubt will
Hurt recruiting. This is bad for Pr. That’s why if given the choice I’d choose burns over Frank and I like frank
I don't see it that way at all. Sometimes there are personality issues. Maybe that's the case with burns but it doesn't mean every pitcher on the roster feels that way and is looking to leave. I'll take Anderson over any one pitcher every day and twice on Sunday. Wish Burns all the best no matter where he decides to play next year....except for an opponent when they play UT. Then I hope he gets shelled and is made to like it.

Look I brought the info that burns doesn’t think Anderson is a great pitching coach. That’s fact and I say that with 100% certainty.

the reason I’d choose burns over Anderson is I think losing burns hurts recruiting for years to come, I think frank is about the retiring age anyways, and I think a younger new age pitching coach would at worse be a wash and maybe better in the long run.

Lots of “I’s” in there.

So every time a recruit leaves it’s a negative PR situation for the institution they left? Or is there criteria for it to be negative vs. no big deal?

Reactions: vol66

I’m sure FA is a good coach & forgot more about pitching that the rest of us but he is not beyond being questioned. The “holding runners” strategy is one. Another is pitch & location strategy. I use Morgan at LSU as an example. He hurt Tenn hitting the outside pitch. Other teams have hammered him inside & with good results. Dugas another. He killed the Vols in BR pulling the ball to LF (hit 3 HRs, I believe & barely missed another) yet they pitch him inside in Omaha. Same results.

Reactions: dale1998
So Tommy White leaving last year was a negative PR light on NCSU and will hinder their recruiting going forward? He was a bigger name last year than Burns was this year.
no players leaving to the portal is not going to hurt recruiting or pr. It happens every sport everywhere for whatever reasons. Homesick, money, girlfriends whatever but it does not always reflect on the program. We do not know the exacts if it does happen so for someone to say that it does in a program is making an opinion not valid.

I seem to recall, if I’m wrong surely someone will say so…we need to take about every player Walters State has to offer while complaining about Vanderbilt recruiting advantages. Interesting, you know since Vandy had to sit this one out and all.

I’m sure FA is a good coach & forgot more about pitching that the rest of us but he is not beyond being questioned. The “holding runners” strategy is one. Another is pitch & location strategy. I use Morgan at LSU as an example. He hurt Tenn hitting the outside pitch. Other teams have hammered him inside & with good results. Dugas another. He killed the Vols in BR pulling the ball to LF (hit 3 HRs, I believe & barely missed another) yet they pitch him inside in Omaha. Same results.

the lack of concern of controlling the running game is a real issue imo
it’s clear frank doesn’t care about it

Reactions: Putbacks
I seem to recall, if I’m wrong surely someone will say so…we need to take about every player Walters State has to offer while complaining about Vanderbilt recruiting advantages. Interesting, you know since Vandy had to sit this one out and all.

Btw vandy has entered the nil world and tampering as well … and im not referring to burns

Fwiw

the lack of concern of controlling the running game is a real issue imo
it’s clear frank doesn’t care about it
Not controlling the running game is a huge issue. However it's hard to argue with the numbers Frank's staffs have put up.
His pitch calling to me is questionable at times as well.

Not controlling the running game is a huge issue. However it's hard to argue with the numbers Frank's staffs have put up.
His pitch calling to me is questionable at times as well.

Yea it’s hard to say if controlling the running game really has ended any season..

this week with the wind blowing in in Omaha magnifies it but heck lsu is still playing and can’t get a bunt down to save their life in a small ball type game

Yea it’s hard to say if controlling the running game really had ended any season..

this week with the wind blowing in in Omaha magnifies it but heck lsu is still playing and can’t get a bunt down to save their life in a small ball type game
It's more about the free bases. Giving up an extra couple runs here and there.

Reactions: BruinVol

VN Store

Back